Just wanted to say ...

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Just wanted to say ...

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm

…. I miss all of you.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Re: Just wanted to say ...

Postby Gyro » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:48 pm

I'm amazed this is still up. I'm Aegis, I have no idea which password or email address I had on here. I miss you weirdos too.
Gyro
Wanderer

Postby Otaku No Anime » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Likewise. Even if I didn't talk much back in the day, I miss chiming in when I can and seeing this place active like in its heyday. Around 15 years since I first joined this community. And if I recall I was one of the youngest users on here at 13. I'm 28 now. It's a rather sobering thought, but I digress.

I'm sure there are some of us here who lurk and just don't log on when they visit on occasion.

Edit: And yeah, no kidding, Aegis/Gyro. This forum is so old, all three of the IMing service linked to my profile are all dead now. LOL I guess it doesn't really cost much (or anything at all) to keep this place up. xP
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:30 am

My last post was almost a decade ago. That's crazy to think about.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Porter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:29 pm

Miss you guys too. Unreal it was back in around 2002 or 2003 we started #theway the chatroom. I remember Lun switching the forums over. Great times here.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri May 03, 2019 6:03 am

I still jump on every now and again to ask everybody how they're doing and then promptly disappear again. That and to re-download my kick-ass avatar.

Miss you all - hope life's treating you all well!
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:44 pm

*BUMP*

It's that time of year again and I had the urge to replay The Way... how is everybody? What are you all upto?

I myself am getting regular underpaid work with crappy web-design (wordpress) and general tech-support. We're also starting to play around with some 3D stuff and personally I'm thinking about getting more into animation.

On the off-chance any of you old retrobates read this I hope your well. It'd be great to hear from you.

Stay fresh Cheese Bags.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Still keeping the cobwebs cleaned off around here. There was a massive, massive spambot attack a few weeks ago which I had to clean up and change the security question. PHPBB2 isn't holding up so well any more.

I'm living a boring life working as a boring programmer on boring software, but hey, which is about what I expected, but hey, it could be a lot worse.

I try and go back to the RPG Maker well once every few years. Haven't gone back to The Way since this thing, and I might not yet for a while, but even now I think it just has something I still haven't seen again in any game since.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby navgame77 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:05 am

I didn't know there was a forum where people are posting. Just played the way again after about 8 years. Still doesn't fail to amaze. Such an amazing game.
navgame77
Wanderer

Postby theone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Woah, this place is still active :D
theone
Wanderer

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Miss you guys!!! I just posted a larger update in Porter’s recent hello, but I want to make sure you all see that I still exist and still think about you!!

So many good times on this forum, and in chat. :)
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Flashbox » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:08 pm

I was looking for an old graphic-novel game on rpgmaker.net and I stumbled upon The Way in the download list. Old memories! I gave it a download since the last time I played it was more than 10 years ago. I was usually not posting much and mostly reading, I don't even remember my old username! But I had the most fun time online with you guys, I miss that "anything can happen" atmosphere of the early message boards, information was flying around in every direction and people had theories longer than my arm. Fun times!
For old time's sake, does anybody still have the garage version of The End of The Way? Some dudes in their parents' garage recorded a version with bass-guitar-drums, I think I downloaded it on here...
Flashbox
Wanderer

Postby Otaku No Anime » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:25 am

You sure it was a cover for "The End of The Way" and not the "A Time and A Place" cover by The Pontifex Maximus Experience in the Fan Features section? 'cause it fits the description you're giving save for the chosen song. lol

http://crestfallen.us/fan/time_place.mp3

Otherwise, I wouldn't know. If such a cover for "The End of The Way" does/did exist at one point, I'd imagine it's buried in one of the old threads here if it wasn't submitted in the fan section.
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall