What are you up to?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What are you up to?

Postby Porter » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 am

Well, for some reason this place popped into my head.

These days, I'm still a high school chem teacher, basketball coach, and still living on. I still play The Way once a year. Although I never grind, I edit the game where I can just cheat through and watch the story.
Your Penis Name is: Bavarian Beefstick
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Re: What are you up to?

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Wow, nostalgia...
Hey guys! Been a few...years! Nowadays I work as a furniture salesman for a company called Happy Sleeper, haha. Kinda suits me, not gonna lie.

You all helped me through the most lonely and isolated period of my life. It’s been a while but I am always going to be eternally grateful to this group, and Lun, for bringing us all together.

I wish The Way was a full game! Maybe on Switch or something! I’d play it again for sure...heck, I finally got a nice gaming laptop, maybe I’ll give it a run-through just for old times. :)

Hope every one of you is well!! I love you all!!!

- Jon (Glenn) :)

Edit: Oh and duh! Big PS: I am now engaged! She’s an amazing woman who loves playing Skyrim and likes to work out with me ;) I really lucked out, and I’m glad I made it to this part of my life to meet her! I can’t emphasize enough the role you all played in helping me get here. Take care!!
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Iteroth » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Wow, haven't thought about this place in ages, for some reason I was thinking about the Way today and wound up here. I guess I'll have to play it again and see how it holds up, I think I've forgotten enough of the story now that it will be a really fun experience :-)

I'm teaching intermediate ancient Greek at the moment while I (slowly, painfully) finish my dissertation. Then, who knows? Professor? Editor? I'd love to write for a living, but that's pretty tough. Oh well, I'm optimistic (I'm engaged too!)

Maybe I'll have an update in another 10 years when I'm randomly thinking about this place :-P

Hope all you guys are doing well, wherever you are
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Jeez, This game popped into my head in the shower and I thought I would take a look to see whats going on.

I went through probably 10 different fields of work before settling in as a cook. Sous Chef at a awesome local restaurant now.

Now I am off to read through the good ole IRC quote. We were fucking hilarious.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:46 am

Hope none of you are sick. I've got bad lungs from getting pneumonia a few years ago so I'm staying inside as much as possible.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:15 am

I'm 29 instead of 13 and I'm an attorney now. Being here is kind of bittersweet except the sweet is nostalgia and the bitter is having to read how much of a dipshit I was.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby blaksun_returns » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:36 am

I've been spending an excessive amount of time on the internet during quarantine, revisiting my online history as a way to think about my present online identity. It is truly horrendous to read through my old posts here, when i was 13-14 years old--but I'm also very grateful that this message board continues as a living archive. I remember having a lot of hilarious times here, and although I was banned (repeatedly?) and seen as a nuisance and a villain, I'm grateful to the community. I wonder if Jeramyu will ban me again outright.

I'm 29 too, like Greatchickenman, who I remember being a spammy brother-in-arms. I am certainly not a lawyer or a teacher, however: most of my 20s has been spent working as little as possible as a server in fancy restaurants, and spending my time on my creative pursuits, as well as a jobless double major in Philosophy and Art History & Film Studies.

I invite anyone who cares to follow me on twitter. @theinvertedform
blaksun_returns
Wanderer

Return to The Scratch Wall