Dark Age Wars

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Dark Age Wars

Postby War » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:14 pm

I made a topic some time again about a game I was making called Dark Age Wars in the old forums. I have some good news about that. I am close to finishing up demo 0.1. Also in this topic in case you don't know what my game is about I will tell you and I will tell you a list of feathers that will be add latter on.

STORY:
Dark Age Wars starts out as you being the main commander of a small city state when in a place called Midland on the content of Geo. At the beginning you are going after another city-state who just raid a town of yours. You go to attack them and are then sent to a different part of Midland to make more towns. After a much stronger faction attacked making 3 towns you head back to your Main Palace to find it know as the Don Mara. You then head back to were you built your 3 towns to build up your own Empire.

GAMEPLAY:
In Dark Age Wars you commanded an army. Your army considers of 3 types for troops Soldiers, Archers, and Mages. Soldiers can attack Mages and other Soldiers and do the same damage to both. Archers can attack Solders and other Archers. They do better damage to Soldiers then any other untie, but are weak attacking other Archers. Mages can attack Archers and Mages. They can attack Archers better then another unites, but are weak fighting other Mages.

There is more then fighting in DAW. A lot more. You need to maintain food for your army by building farms, ports, and markets, but you need more then food. You can set a town to either make/ trade for food or make money. Farms can do the best at making food and Markets are better at making money with ports in the middle.

Think you can only build 3 types of towns? Well your wrong. You can build mines and lumberjack towns to get matters for making your bigger towns. These 2 types of towns will sooner or later run out at which point you can make them into other types of towns. Like if your mine runs out make it into a market. With these you can harvest much need supplies for building towns and upgrading troops.

As you go thought the game the enemy gets tougher so you should to. There is more then numbers in this game. You can also build Blacksmiths which can upgrade your troops (of coures this cost a lot).

One last thing, Scout. You need Scout to find out were you can build a town. The more scout you have the more places there will be to build towns.

This is all I will tell you for now until I get more done. So here is a list of what you will be able to see in upcoming demos and games.

V0.1: Building a managing your army and towns
V0.2: Raiding, converting, and Allying Towns and spies
V0.3: Building Castles
V1.0: Midland Campaign
V1.1: Deasert Marauders Campaign
V1.2: Don Mara Campaign
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:05 pm

i thought it was drak age
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Leo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:06 pm

Slade??
"I would rather have William Hung lick honey of my NIPPLES then listen to that again." Simon Cowell on SNL
Leo
S2 Hilyn

Postby War » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:16 pm

Why in the world did you put Slade as a post. He is dead get over it. DEAD DEAD DEAD. Slade is no more. He doesn't live. His soul lays in the pits. He has ceased to be. SLADE IS DEAD
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:44 pm

War wrote:Why in the world did you put Slade as a post. He is dead get over it. DEAD DEAD DEAD. Slade is no more. He doesn't live. His soul lays in the pits. He has ceased to be. SLADE IS DEAD

*cough* Leo like post count *cough*
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Still thinking of Slade

Postby Leo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:45 pm

I could still have corpse fun... :oops: nevermind....

Anyway, your instructions confuse me...
"I would rather have William Hung lick honey of my NIPPLES then listen to that again." Simon Cowell on SNL
Leo
S2 Hilyn

Postby JusticeGuardian » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:37 pm

"Corpse Fun"? I'm not even going to ask.
"This too shall Pass."
-Anonymous
JusticeGuardian
Wanderer

Postby Excell » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:13 pm

War wrote:Why in the world did you put Slade as a post. He is dead get over it. DEAD DEAD DEAD. Slade is no more. He doesn't live. His soul lays in the pits. He has ceased to be. SLADE IS DEAD

Someone likes feeling like a retard.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:26 pm

War, have you got a site where you game will be? What URL?

Fitz Tayo
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby War » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:35 pm

Not yet, but I am going to make one to tell what more about my game and later to act as a download site. I will not have a site like the Lun does, but Iwill have one.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Super Boring Flood » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:50 am

of course he could always send it through mIRC until the website is done....
War>spirit
War>ityourluckyday
War>forcomingback
War:+sbf
sbf:+War
sbf:+Jupiter
sbf>yay
Jupiterwaskickedbysbf(sbf)
sbf:-War