Breaking the Fast

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Breaking the Fast

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:46 pm

In our common world of Atkins Carb-less diets and 100-calorie snacks, it's clear we live in a world where people are heavily concerned with eating.

I don't care for the dieting, and a day where I can wake up early enough to have breakfast and then get good parking at school is a great day indeed. So I am wondering...who actuallly gets the time to eat breakfast almost daily and what's your preferred food?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:13 pm

I usually end up eating some dry cereal right before school, anything from Captain Crunch to Cheerios depending on whats on hand.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:03 pm

Captain Crunch to Cheerios...Thats not a lot of a selection for dry cereals...That leaves, what, Cat Food?

I forgot to say what I get.

Usually I strengthen my bond with my bestest buddy, the Toaster. Most often, I get the Toaster Strudels (usually Strawberry) and draw artistic things on them before I eat them. However, they're usually not enough to satisfy my hunger, so I eat them 4 at a time. That's 4 of 6 per a box, FYI.

Or I eat Eggos. Those are the epitome of efficiency. I get the eggos, then I get the butter spray (I can't believe its not butter kind) and apply it. THen the syrup! Mmmmm. Good stuff, very fast if I'm in a hurry. Once I took the syrup with me because it was near-empty and I was in a hurry. "What about utensils" you ask? Bah! None of that!

I also have a super-gay mug. It's really really gay, it has my name on it in all these bright colors and has little stars and more pretty colors and it looks like it was made for a toddler, so I drink it and call it my sippy cup. It was a gift from some adoring freshman this year. They're crazy, but I got that totally pimp cup from it, so I'm fine with that.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:33 pm

Cereal and Milk. any kind. It's the best way to start a day.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:53 pm

I always have time for cereal. I've never had any problem with waking up on time and making breakfast, except in extreme circumstances that tend to involve alchohol and a bath tub. I usually have cheerios, though if I'm on holiday or on the weekend, I experiment and make myself something using the toaster and whatever I can find in the fridge.

Cheerios are the future though. Whoo.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:59 pm

I have morning classes 4/5 weekdays, so I always eat breakfast. A bowl of frosted flakes (skim milk, of course), and either one of two things. If the omelet line is too long, I'll have some scrambled eggs, a bit of whatever meat they have out, and pancakes or an egg McMuffin-esque thing if they're out. Otherwise, I get myself a delicious omelet. I don't get people who skip breakfast... I'm not a morning person, and I don't even drink coffee, but damn are those omelets worth it...
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Wellsy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:00 pm

I rarely eat breakfast anymore, it seems. Back in college I did it a bit more frequently, still not much, but since I started working 2nd shift I don't get up at anything approaching breakfast time. :roll:

However, you can never go wrong with a good bowl of cereal - my personal favorites are Corn Pops, Chex, Honey Smacks, and Raisin Bran. I don't know about Cheerios being the future, surely we'll make great advances in cereal technology besides them - they have more of a timeless quality about them. A hot bowl of Cream of Wheat is nice too. Toaster Strudels are indeed the shit as well, I also eat their cousins the Toaster Scramblers with egg and bacon inside. I love omelets and any other type of eggs but I can't be bothered to make them myself.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:18 am

For me, its not so much whether or not I want to skip breakfast, but that I have to to get to school on time. And waking up earlier? Bah, that'll just do more damage and give me that much less sleep.

And Jera, I admit, I will probably go crazy when I get to College. I stayed at Cal Poly Pamona's campus for a week and their food was great. I can see how they coined the term 'freshmen fifteen'.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:52 am

Milk and Cereal it is. I swear I could live off the stuff.

Whether I wake at 5am, or 3pm, I will always have cereal and call it breakfast.

I love breakfast :]
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Cereal is good early in the morning or very late at night, but never in the afternoon (for me anyway).

I generally have Nesquick or Vegemite on toast. Crumpets when we have them (lawl british).
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Flibbo wrote:Crumpets when we have them (lawl british).

My sentiments precisely. :P

Anyone ever dare to try the breakfast Hotpockets? I don't trust microwavable meat that much.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:43 pm

Yeah, I also have crumpets from time to time. They be real nice.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 pm

I usually have 1 meal a day on all weekdays apart from Tuesday, 2 on Saturday and Tuesday and all 3 on Sunday if I'm lucky.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm

Are you a stick?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:48 pm

What's special about Tuesdays?
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall