Good music needed

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:19 pm

HolsteinCow wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z34Jr3S-x4I

Thanks, Holstein. Jera and I requested techno/electronica and you deliver a faggy goth with no eyebrows reading seductive vampire poetry to his mother. I believe I speak for everyone when I say that you have enriched all of our lives with that. I'm gonna go masturbate on a tarantula now.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:26 pm

I hope that movie was intended to be satirical. Which it probably was. If not, I'll be forced to blenderize that person.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:16 am

Teenr0cker wrote:Why did you do that Holstein? Do you hate us more than Strayed? No decent human would ever subject people to this shit.

I don't hate everyone THAT much, mostly you and Sling.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm hurt you group me with him. I'd bet Sling wouldn't take being corrected so gracefully and humbly as I did recently, so I'd reconsider your statement a tad.

And do you need me to pull up the hate list again? I can get it. You hate lots of stuff.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:57 am

good music?

how about:

Parkway Drive
I Killed the Promqueen
As I Lay Dying...

Obituary... Arch enemy... DEVOURMENT. everyone likes devourment
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Wellsy630 wrote:

Thanks, Holstein. Jera and I requested techno/electronica and you deliver a faggy goth with no eyebrows reading seductive vampire poetry to his mother. I believe I speak for everyone when I say that you have enriched all of our lives with that. I'm gonna go masturbate on a tarantula now.

If for some reason you're interested in suicide, you can view some of his other videos that reveal the swastikas drawn on the side of his head.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

christ how could someone have not suggested this

Postby Jonesy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:39 pm

Jonesy
Plyn

Freebird!

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:21 am

HolsteinCow wrote:
Wellsy630 wrote:

If for some reason you're interested in suicide, you can view some of his other videos that reveal the swastikas drawn on the side of his head.

My first question would be why did you put yourself through more than one of those godawful things?

Lynyrd Skynyrd = thumbs up, saw them in concert this summer (well, I guess technically they were LS 2.0).
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:43 am

So help me god they didn't play freebird. They had to play it....They played it, right?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:00 am

Of course. Final song of the night, lighters were out in full force. :lol:
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby KingClops » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:56 am

Burning_Flame wrote:Common Porter, hit us with the new metal topic!

Take that out of your signature, that's not even my quote.
Burning_Flame: Kalmar is a giant squid. See my authoritative post here:
http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528
KingClops
Wanderer

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:07 pm

...Why?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:31 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Wellsy630 wrote:Anybody know any stuff similar to the Prodigy/Aphex Twin? I'm not a techno freak but I enjoy the occasional well put-together song (not repetitive bass and wailing siren - and I do realize this eliminates about 95% of techno/electronica.)

Seconded. I don't listen to nearly as much electronica as I'd like to. Some of Radiohead's Kid A fits the bill, but it's not nearly enough.

Jera, or anyone else for that matter, this may not qualify as electronica, but you may want to check out some stuff from DJ Shadow. The two albums I have are Private Press and Entroducing, they're great background music, very smooth. Actually, he wouldn't be electronica at all, there really isn't too much synthesized lead stuff, just a lot of different genres kind of spliced together. I don't know what I'd classify it as, I've heard the terms trip-hop or breakbeat. I dunno. Like I said, very good, though.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Previous

Return to The Scratch Wall