Reliving those Crestfallen moments

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Reliving those Crestfallen moments

Postby Sling » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:26 am

I've been looking at some of the past topics. Anywho, I was wondering what everyone's favourite topic/conversation is. I've discovered that the topics which turned into flame wars are actually some of the most hilarious.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:19 am

I remember when we were all waiting for E6. Tele started articulate ardvaarks amongst other things. that one sticks in my mind, but there were loads.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:34 pm

So many good times. The entire Old forums (not Old Old) were a riot... the polls, the post-thanksgiving spamfest, forums going down everyday because of crappy GW hosting...

Of course, this forums has wrought its legacy too. Looking through the old topics...

"Excell - Who do you hate the most?"
It's hard to chose just one flaming topic from the days of olde, but I think this is pretty much the archetype.

"Chip - Chain Fan Fiction--JOIN IN!"
"Chip - CHAIN FAN FICTION-Rebeard (Continued)---JOIN IN!"
Ok, so I'm the only one who misses this. It's a shame Chip was a lying scumbag fundie, because he had a lot of talent for writing.

"GCM - Guest"
An overlooked chapter in the forums, the saga of Warren. In this topic, it finally comes to a close.

"Fitz - Should Leo shut up about Slade?"
Leo... whatever happened to that guy? Not that it matters, since he was a spammer.

"Excell - Who Would Win?
Follow up: "Excell - PORTER WINS!!!!!!!!"
Excell was on the verge of being banned SO MANY times...

"Chip - My name is Chip...or is it?
Chip does the big reveal for the thing that everybody already knew anyway. Here's the log of how Porter and I "checkmated" him: Click!

"Porter - Porter's Missing Person's Bureau"
A noteworthy classic.

"Porter - Interview with Lun"
A lot of people probably missed this one.

The entire Bikkel saga
One of the most prolific chapters in our history. Also spawned this image (created by myself): Advertisement poster

"Porter - #theway Episode 1 - No Ass Shall Bleed Coming Soon"
Porter, if you're reading this, I'm spiting you.

"Porter - #theway episode one"
Hahaha. Oh, man. His link may be down, but I have preserved this horror for time eternal. You can grab it from this crappy Rapidshare link. Just click "Free", etc. Rm2k3 required. I take no responsibility for missing resources.

"Iteroth - I have a confession..."
Iteroth: best person ever.

"War - mIRC quotes"
The original one. Bill was a funny kid, too bad he needed to grow up, badly.

"Coacoa - A short history of the boy-god Inderos."
I had to put one of these in here somewhere.

"Tele - Major spam attack"
One of the few remnants of the great spam attack of June. It took some guy with an autoposting javascript and a proxy roulette in order to finally make me an admin.

"Flibbo - The Crestfallen Few = Last Hope for Humanity?"
One of my favorites. War fails at picture posting. So does teen, but marginally less so.

"iamtheverb - ROMAN WAS RIGHT"
Sweet, sweet victory. Also has some quote from me that I can't remember which topic it was from where I got pissed at Ryan.

Jeramyu - "The continuing saga of "Wrong Way"!"
We can't delve into our history without this. It's the official bible of the community. Actually, in retrospect it really could've been a lot better, but at least I finished the first part (IMO, the second episode of the second season was probably the funniest).

"Jeramyu - UHBJ2X3X:BFTGM"
I demand that this be considered historic. Well... maybe not.

Porter's "Way Survivor" series
I can't actually seem to find the first one, so here's the second. I'm too lazy to list them all, but they were really damn funny. Too bad all the pictures are broken, because those were classic.

...And without a doubt, the BEST topic of all time...
"Iteroth - Badass topic."
This one has the "surprise ending" that I just can't stop laughing at. Porter is the man.

Anyway, there were like a bunch I probably could've added, but when I soon realized that there was over 20 pages of topics, I decided just to choose a few. Maybe some other vet can dig up the good ones.

Sigh, I miss the good ol' days. Looking at the cast of Wrong Way, it's kinda disappointing just to see who doesn't post anymore.
Last edited by EmperorJeramyu on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:43 pm

Lets see... the Bikkel saga... Doovy & friends... The Great Battle (Or whatever the hell we called it, I cant even remember anymore)
Wait, these are memories I want to repress, why am I still here again?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:46 pm

Because you love it so very very much.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:32 pm

The few of those i was here to enjoy we're classics.

I love you guys...
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:40 pm

I actually lurked for most of that time . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:54 pm

Ahh, I'd forgoten most of the goodtimes. We don't have any fun on these forums any more.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:09 pm

<Jeramyu> lincoln89chip: just to make people look up to me

Darn Shame I never got to meet him.

Also...Warren Saga...Interesting. I wondered where war got his smelly old pass from.

Ah, I remember Bill writing his diary. It was his subtle way to praising himself while mocking War or somebody.

One of my favorites. War fails at picture posting. So does teen, but marginally less so.

I really don't know why I chose an inspecter gadget picture. I'm sure it made sense at the time. Ah, and Fancy War. Good times.

I do detest the post length now that I look back on it.

The roman was right topic was a most delicious victory.

I'd propose a drawing contest but...eehhhh, no, too simple.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:45 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:So many good times. The entire Old forums (not Old Old) were a riot... the polls, the post-thanksgiving spamfest, forums going down everyday because of crappy GW hosting...

Hell, on the forum I spend most of my free-time on, we get spam and ads for breakfast. They come at a nearly unstoppable pace and even out moderators have some trouble ridding them. By what I mean 'nearly unstoppable' suppose you have about 500 members joining your forums and 99.99% of them were meaningless ad-bots. Oh yeah, and catch this; it was WITHIN 3 month period, ouch. Now I know how 99.99%-aged orange juice concentrate feels like.

I'm completely new here, and nevertheless knock into one's door without permission *cough*.
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:18 am

Oh, the post-thanksgiving spamfest wasn't wrought by spambots. It was wrought by me, SBF, and a few others. A hundred pointless polls later, it spawned the Estrana forum and started my journey of modhood.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:47 am

I named it, that's all that matters. And yes, I'm desperate enough to cling to that alone.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:47 am

Haha, this stuff should be required reading around here for anyone who joined mid-2005 or later. I wasn't here for many of this, but it is definitely great.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:07 am

I'd suggest someone write up a history of the forum for new members, but then we run in to that whole procrastination roadbloack again.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:04 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I'd suggest someone write up a history of the forum for new members, but then we run in to that whole procrastination roadbloack again.
If someone did do that, it would HAVE to be stickied.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall