Reliving those Crestfallen moments

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:34 pm

MusashiEX wrote:I'm 14.

And suddenly it all becomes clear...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:24 pm

It's not like if I'm 14, I'm stupid.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:47 pm

No, I'm pretty sure that's what they're saying.

This community totally doesn't deserve it's evil reputation. At all.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:50 pm

Obviously. We all know that everyone under 15 is stupid. No grammar, no spelling, no whisky soda.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 pm

I was quite a bit more intelligent than you when I was 14. You're just a moron.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:42 pm

How so?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:28 pm

You are digging yourself into a massive crater-sized hole. Cease.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Fitz, you gotta put it into terms he can understand. I recommend a reference to The Way, since the game most likely drew him to this forum. (Ever notice how newbies commonly use terms from the way, usually shit like "burn you!" or "flaming fires of Janwen!"? Uncanny, it's like they think we'll be ecstatic that they retained those phrases after they played the series.)

MusushiXXX, you are no longer on the regular or middle Way. You're swiftly descending into the depths of the lower Way or the Pits or whatever they call them. I don't really care that much. It's DOWN. And no, this isn't Dante's Inferno, so you don't end up on Mount Purgatory at the end of the day or something.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:12 am

Teen, Inferno is just the part about hell published separately, Dante's Divine Comedy is the name of both parts and the original creation before it was separated by greedy bastards.

You fail together with your victim, die, die and be forgotten.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:13 am

3 parts, actually. Hell, Purgatory, then Heaven. I don't know his other guides, but if memory serves, he gets Virgil for hell then a different guide for both Purgatory and Heaven. His ultimate goal is to get to heaven, because Beatrice looooves him essentially. If you remembered anything from your time spent reading his Divine comedy, you'd remember he split each story into 33, 34, and 33 cantos or some distribution. How you fuck up between 66 or 67 and 100 is an interesting question I'd rather not bother to look into.

And the only reason we don't have the 100 Canto book is because the local book store the school is somehow obligated to inform of the student's book needs wouldn't carry a book that's 3 times as long as it needs to be. In addition, my teacher's the head of the English Dept, so he wanted to read the whole thing. So I consider it a blessing I got a shitty 1/3rd his divine comedy.

Now we're on to Hamlet.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:14 pm

He named his 3 acts in 3 different names, but they are actually that, acts, you don't watch the first act of Oedipus and call it a play.

Secondly, Out of the 5 translations I've read 4 of them split the Divine Comedy into two parts, Inferno and Latin for Salvation or something like that , so in essence Dante's Divine Comedy now has two Parts and 3 Acts, despite being a single piece separated to 3 Acts in the past.

(I kind of fail though given the fact it just hit me that one version did throw in the beginning of Purgatory into Inferno)

but since you are clearly an extremely hardcore fan and thus refuse to accept the bastards splitting the masterwork, you are forgiven.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:24 pm

MusashiEX wrote:How so?
You are a goddamn idiot. And I would like to take the time to prove this mathematically if I may.
Take your current age, then subtract 10 years from that. Were you smart back then? Of course not, you were a goddamn idiot. Now, imagine you said something you believed to be witty back then. Would you still be happy with that statement today? Of course not. Now taking into mind what you have just said. Will you still be happy about saying it in 10 years time? Of course not. So, you'll always be a goddamn idiot, it'll just take you 10 more years to realise it.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Very mathematical...
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Well, that isn't exactly fair, since I could hardly talk in complete sentences when I was 4. I'm pretty sure I can't play with words back then. Nevertheless, I'll admit that if I were older, I might realize that some of the things that I said were stupid.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:13 pm

Algebraic!

I have to admit, that's a good way of thinking, but mainly for younger kids who don't comprehend that they know very little in comparison in cases. Heh, unfortunately, this wisdom trend reverts around 70-ish, as Alzheimer's kicks in.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall