Pachelbel is everywhere!

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Pachelbel is everywhere!

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

One man. One Cellist. One really goddamn catchy song from the Baroque time period. One legacy that would haunt him forever.

This summer, if theres one classical song you'll hear, it's probably a take off of Pachelbel's Cannon.

Oh, this is bitchin too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjAhDuBY3uo
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:01 pm

I just listened to Fur Elise.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:34 am

Oh great, some wanker has disabled JavaScript on my computer so I can't see it.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:00 pm

pachabells canon is awesome, and the chord sequence is common to many songs. It's just so handy, and easy to remember.

On the second one he often flattens certain notes and changes the key signiture to a tansposed version of the aeolian mode (though it might be dorian) as someone who enjoys music on all it's level's I thought this musical neuance, improved pachabel's version, though, course makes it not period and thus not suitable for an early 18th century orchestra.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:59 pm

I hate that song too.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:59 pm

So Pachelbel's to blame...

Finally, my hatred has a target.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:41 am

Ha ha, I bet if half of Green Day's fans knew that they ripped off a Baroque composer for their "Brain Stew" chord structure, that band would lose all street cred, if any, that it ever had.

That dude playing the electric was pretty sweet, btw.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:12 am

Wellsy630 wrote:Ha ha, I bet if half of Green Day's fans knew that they ripped off a Baroque composer for their "Brain Stew" chord structure, that band would lose all street cred, if any, that it ever had.

I would be surprised if they had any, too. Considering half of their songs before American Idiot could be played by a 1st grader, apparently. And I'm surprised that they STILL have some sort of cred. I listened to a lot of American Idiot my senior year of Highschool (driving to school, hanging out), and about halfway through the year, this occurred to me: Billie Joe Armstrong is a 34 year old ex-meth addict who wears eyeliner and has kids. He does in no way represent the spirit of my generation.

Then I watched the extended music video for American Idiot, and I got really confused. What? My friends and I don't hang out on abandoned furniture beneath the local freeway. We don't write in blood all over gas-station bathrooms. How on earth can anyone raised in the 90s possible identify with him? Because he plays guitar and is critical of authority? Great reason. No wonder there are so many shitty indie punk rock bands and emo bands saturating popular culture with their immaturity. American Idiot has about as much relevance to my life as slaying dragons and going on quests to destroy evil. Except Dragonforce and Rhapsody (of fire!!1!) rock about 9000 times more. And thus I found my solace in European metal.

Oh, uh... *mumbling* yeah, cool videos.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:22 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Wellsy630 wrote:Ha ha, I bet if half of Green Day's fans knew that they ripped off a Baroque composer for their "Brain Stew" chord structure, that band would lose all street cred, if any, that it ever had.

I would be surprised if they had any, too. Considering half of their songs before American Idiot could be played by a 1st grader, apparently. And I'm surprised that they STILL have some sort of cred. I listened to a lot of American Idiot my senior year of Highschool (driving to school, hanging out), and about halfway through the year, this occurred to me: Billie Joe Armstrong is a 34 year old ex-meth addict who wears eyeliner and has kids. He does in no way represent the spirit of my generation.

Then I watched the extended music video for American Idiot, and I got really confused. What? My friends and I don't hang out on abandoned furniture beneath the local freeway. We don't write in blood all over gas-station bathrooms. How on earth can anyone raised in the 90s possible identify with him? Because he plays guitar and is critical of authority? Great reason. No wonder there are so many shitty indie punk rock bands and emo bands saturating popular culture with their immaturity. American Idiot has about as much relevance to my life as slaying dragons and going on quests to destroy evil. Except Dragonforce and Rhapsody (of fire!!1!) rock about 9000 times more. And thus I found my solace in European metal.

Oh, uh... *mumbling* yeah, cool videos.

Hell yes, Jera, fucking THUMBS UP on this post!!!! :D I always thought it was so retarded he wears eyeliner. What's so iconoclastic about make-up?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:25 am

I thought Greenday was retarded because they are, but I guess that's just me.

Doesn't help my bro listened before he got busted for drugs. So I got on to the whole "lol conforming to nonconformity" boat a while before that "I must be emo" vid came out, like all the original emo-haters.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:15 am

You hear music. You don't look at it. Nor the people making it.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:39 am

Each Dethklok video is better than every greenday video combined
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:Each Dethklok video is better than every greenday video combined

Amen to that.

MusashiEX wrote:You hear music. You don't look at it. Nor the people making it.

Right, right. All European metal bands are made up of creepy 40 year old guys with mullets, so that's a fair statement. What I was TRYING to get at is that Green Day's music has become the same kind of canned "disaffected youth" punk music that really isn't relevant to my generation. And part of the problem is that the members of Green Day are from a completely different generation. I don't know about the 80s and early 90s, but the middle-class white Americans who worship this kind of music don't exactly have the right to carry that disaffected tag.

An excerpt from my emo rant:
These people like to woefully go on about all the troubles in their lives, when in fact they're all a bunch of spoiled idiotic middle-class white Americans who've basically had their entire lives paved for them. They're so spoiled that they interpret the slightest obstacle in front of them as some sort of life-ruining blockade that they can whine about it.

Now replace "whine about it" with "blame authority".

Don't get me wrong, Highschool Administrators are among the stupidest people in the universe, but the kind of issues that these people interpret as challenges is my mind-numbingly stupid and selfish: "Oh no, he took my cellphone away cause it went of in class FUCK AUTHORITY RAH RAH RAH! I'll listen to my Green Day, because THEY understand me!!". And as for bitching about the government? Please. Politicians are 99% scumbag, but instead of channeling all that angst into writing broken record punk songs, why not put it into getting a college degree, or something that can ACTUALLY make a difference? I'm sure Bush doesn't have any Green Day on his ipod, so why all the bitching?

I realize dissent is supposed to be a fundamental part of democracy, but Washington DC is full of bitter, stodgy old people who hate youthful exuberance. So instead of thinking that feeling angry over politics is some kind of useful activity, these punk worshipers need to learn tor resign themselves to the pursuit of knowledge and skilled labor jobs. Now I know this is difficult, because it, *GASP*, actually requires work. But I'd rather bust my ass off and get a decent job than sit around, complain, and pretend this is the 60s.

What? Oh yeah, the music. Yeah, I already said it. Power/Prog/Symphonic Metal rock about 9000 times more than indie/punk/ska. And don't make me enact my Right of Inerrancy to prove it.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Poenaensis » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:18 pm

that rant's up there with the vid jera
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:47 pm

old school rap is over nine thousand times better than gangsta rap
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall