Procrastinator's guide to Staying up.

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Strayed Wanderer wrote:Recurring Insomnia.
Masturbation.

I'm anti-caffeine because it increases urination a bit too much, especially with my recent prostate problems.

Personally, I spend more time trying to fall asleep than I spend trying to stay awake anyway.

Masturbation and insomnia don't go to well. It's especially hard to punch in that last-minute report if you can only use one of your hands.

Also, it's my understanding that you may pee less if you stick to more guarana-based products.

Shindy wrote:eat hershey's original milk chocolate for the test day. also if ur having trouble staying awake take a caffeine pill.

not having to stay awake also relates to idleness of the brain. if your brain becomes active, u become awaken. for example, lets say u are tired as hell. u watch a movie, then try to replay the movie in ur head without watching the movie. after that, u'd be awake :roll:

I don't pop pills because unlike regular foods made for mass-consumption, these shady pills are both overpriced and inspected less because fewer people are crazy enough to take em. It's usually some dilluted, but fatal, chemical and a ton of caffeine mixed into a tiny unmarked pill of an odd color. No way. I'll stick with bawls candy if I need to pop "pills", but I know better than to buy over the counter drugs anyways: If the process regularly fucks you up, taking unmarked pills isn't going to make you less fucked up as a result. Unless they're tranquilizers.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:00 pm

All I need.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:23 pm

You're telling me that you still use hands to masturbate? Pfff.... amateur.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:58 am

I'm trying really hard not to think about what Strayed might possibly use. :shock:
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:05 am

I'm coming up with nothing reasonable.

The only answers I do have are unreasonable but probable given the circumstances. However, none of them bear repeating. Ever.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:45 am

woooooooow.

i usually have at least a 24 pack of sierra mist and a 12 pack as a backup. they help me stay awake and are super tasty. i think im addicted to it now, but its better than being addicted to alchohol, which comes with a hell of a withdrawal. withdrawal from sierra mist is nothing :roll:
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:42 pm

That much amount of sugar ain't good for you, really.

I've never tried this but what about those super sour candies (Such as warheads) that you could pop'em in your mouth? I'm prolly sure it'll make you stay awake for days if you get addicted to it. This would go against the 'crash' theory though >.>
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:57 pm

You will crash. Or you'll have to keep popping them until you die. And then you'll crash after that.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:48 am

A cup of black cafe every half hour works perfectly for me.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:48 am

A mug of esspresso should keep you awake 'till the morning. Also a few cans of a caffene drink. And if you're looking for a good time then dilute with vodka.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:53 am

Yeah, well the point is that you stay both awake and alert. I can stay up without the drinks and stuff, but I think I kinda need them to keep the focus on the goal, instead of slooooooowly messing around online. I actually focus more than normal when I've got a good night-long-run going, assuming its the first night in a long while I've done this.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:23 pm

4 cans of Relentless every hour should do.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Dude, in case you didn't notice, Coke's been pushing out various energy drinks as of relatively recent. I believe they got a new CEO with a less introverted global strategy, because the last guy didn't understand that "introverted" and "global" don't really mix that well...
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Ferios » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm

Hm. I actually hadn't heard of Guarana before. I shall have to investigate.

I usually just load up on standard caffinated beverages. But like Teen mentioned, they typically contain massive amounts of sugar to go with it, which inevitably brings about The Crash.

If Guarana-based can avoid that for a longer period of time or altogether, it probably is the best path to walk.

Controlled napping does work, but it's a gamble. It's all too easy to wake up eight hours later. If you do intend on taking this route, I recommend thirty minute naps instead of the one to three hours method. Any more than a half hour tends to make one more fatigued than rested.
"Madness takes it's toll.. Please have exact change."
Ferios
Plyn

Postby Pieolence » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:42 am

How I stay awake: 1: Don't go to bed, 2: Don't lie down, 3: Don't sit down
on a comfortable chair, 4: Don't use a comfortable blanket to keep you warm, 5: Don't consume large amounts of caffeine (caffeine makes me drowsy, dunno why, but since most people don't have this problem most people should just take the: "Don't" out of this), 6: Don't have too many snacks/meals when you are trying to stay awake (it is harder to fall asleep if you are hungry), 7: Stay busy (basically if you are writing a paper, keep writing it until you are done... or if you are stopping to think keep your hand moving over the paper [not on the paper... otherwise you would mess up your paper] and move it in random directions or as if you were drawing something... once you are done thinking put the pencil back onto the paper and continue to write), 8: Keep yourself entertained (if you are doing something like writing a paper try and either think of it as a game of some kind, or think of funny things about what you are writing about), 9: Conserve your energy before, during, and after the period of time that you are staying up (if you don't have any energy left than you can fall asleep instead of staying awake, or worse... fall asleep at school), 10: Find things to be depressed about if you are already depressed by something you can just skip this step (I've had problem sleeping in the past due to depression, causing me to stay up all night against my will, however I still sleep fine at day [which is going to make school difficult])

Note: It is unhealthy to stay up too much, I would suggest that you get at least 20-35 hours of sleep per week,

Note: It is preferable to do your school work at school or as soon as you get home, rather than doing things like playing video games... instead "force yourself to play video games" but procrasinate that until later... basically: Do your homework as soon as you get home or in your free time at school, then play video games when you are staying up...

Yeah... long post (I think) ... and this is just making it longer... not by much though...
Pieolence
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall