Procrastinator's guide to Staying up.

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Pieolence » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:43 am

How I stay awake: 1: Don't go to bed, 2: Don't lie down, 3: Don't sit down
on a comfortable chair, 4: Don't use a comfortable blanket to keep you warm, 5: Don't consume large amounts of caffeine (caffeine makes me drowsy, dunno why, but since most people don't have this problem most people should just take the: "Don't" out of this), 6: Don't have too many snacks/meals when you are trying to stay awake (it is harder to fall asleep if you are hungry), 7: Stay busy (basically if you are writing a paper, keep writing it until you are done... or if you are stopping to think keep your hand moving over the paper [not on the paper... otherwise you would mess up your paper] and move it in random directions or as if you were drawing something... once you are done thinking put the pencil back onto the paper and continue to write), 8: Keep yourself entertained (if you are doing something like writing a paper try and either think of it as a game of some kind, or think of funny things about what you are writing about), 9: Conserve your energy before, during, and after the period of time that you are staying up (if you don't have any energy left than you can fall asleep instead of staying awake, or worse... fall asleep at school), 10: Find things to be depressed about if you are already depressed by something you can just skip this step (I've had problem sleeping in the past due to depression, causing me to stay up all night against my will, however I still sleep fine at day [which is going to make school difficult])

Note: It is unhealthy to stay up too much, I would suggest that you get at least 20-35 hours of sleep per week,

Note: It is preferable to do your school work at school or as soon as you get home, rather than doing things like playing video games... instead "force yourself to play video games" but procrasinate that until later... basically: Do your homework as soon as you get home or in your free time at school, then play video games when you are staying up...

Yeah... long post (I think) ... and this is just making it longer... not by much though...
Pieolence
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:34 am

Do the dead call for you?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:46 am

Pieolence wrote:stuff

Stop necroposting. There's a reason these topics die in the first place: nobody cares about them.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Previous

Return to The Scratch Wall