iBuy iCrap from the iStore

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Do you use the iStore?

Stab Stab Stab (Yes)
10%
No, I just don't care.
20%
No, I don't even have an iPod, so why bother?
70%

Total votes : 20

iBuy iCrap from the iStore

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:47 pm

iCrap....Crap different...

Seriously, I got a gift card to the iTunes store. But I have shit to get mp3's no problem, like soulseek and limewire and other jargen, so I'm wondering what I can use it for. Any iStore users out there with any suggestions?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:41 am

Right now, I fuckin' hate iTunes. There's an option to concatenate all of your songs into one giant fucking epic location...That's bitching and all, but it only copies the mp3's. So if you didn't have any in a destined iTunes folder, your media would literally double if you had all of your media identified by iTunes, obviously...

I just spent a few hours un-fucking up my library. And since iTunes is too fucking retarded to realize some doubles are referencing the same song, I had to kill those. And it also reset all of the library in this un-fuckery process, so I'm willing to bet that when I do hook my iPod up, it'll totally flip out because it shares identical retarded software. iPod's are great if you have no clue what the fuck you're doing, but then again I expected iTunes to work well, and I was proved wrong quite fast, so I hardly believe many know precisely what the hell is in the inner workings of iTunes, satan's application from the tenth ring of hell...

I'm guessing Fire. And tainted pixie dust.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:52 am

it's from the EVIL Apple corporation... What do you expect?
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:22 am

Software so simple yet elegant and easy-to-use even War could use it?

You know, the usual stuff from Apple.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 am

why not trying to sync with the Windows Media Player? u'd want to go back to iTunes immediately :lol:

ogg vorbis makes ur mp3 smaller in size and better sound quality. at least that does something. Does apple ipod support .ogg? my samsung player does...
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:15 am

One of many reasons I hate the iPod setup is that they have a very specific set of filetypes that will work with it, and if its a music file, they automatically convert it to aac, a file made just for iPod/iTunes. And you gotta use mpeg4 or .mov files for movies or else it won't work...Lame...
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Why get any i-merchandise when you can get an mp3 player with 2 gigs of memory that's no bigger than your pinky finger anyways.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 pm

I've never really liked iPods, they're just too liable to break or screw up. I still have a Walkman CD-Player, though I never use it. I never used iTunes on my old Windows PC. On the new MacBook however, I find it much nicer to use, but I think that's just because I couldn't stand Windows any longer. Though I never use the iStore and I only know one person who does, and that is only when he's found all free means of downloading stuff useless.

Though I might say, the new iPhone looks decent.

iPod + Phone + All the usual wireless internet/blue tooth crap = Awesome.

I've been waiting ages for corperations to stop witholding products to make more money off the old ones. I mean, they could have made a phone with all this crap combined years ago, but they just don't. Don't you just hate the fact that you know computers, laptops, MP3 Players, iPods and all that electronic crap could be really good, but just isn't?

Though at 4GB or 8GB memory for a video iPod, I'm going to wait until a memory card offer bundle appears (You know, the ones you always get with cameras, or the PSP) or they upgrade to at least 30GB.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:51 pm

Where's the gaming? Can a mac actually play any games?
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Before I begin, I am aware I may be missing a word ending or two, because I keep finding little mistakes I missed previously, so I don't doubt there are a few more I have yet to find. This is why you don't stay up most of the night repeatedly, folks.

Cj-

No, shut the fuck up now, you dumbass. I'm sure you've heard of "Bootcamp" a software that's available free to Mac users? It lets you partition your drive and you can install other OSes on it, both linux and windows. So yes, you can "actually" fucking play games on a mac. OSX, not so much, but you can on the mac hardware, so that's an obvious "yes" response. Now get out of your fucking hole and find a new argument you read online that bashes on Mac concerning something you care about.

Jesus, was I ever that lame enough to use that sort of kid-logic? Kind of scary. Dark times, they were...

I got the iPod because I was lugging around a major case of CD's. My parent's wanted a reliable name-brand mp3 player that came from a well-known company, so it wouldn't break unexpectedly because it's a piece of crap. Thus, I got an iPod. I didn't even remove it from the box until I got a sturdy plastic case/shell for it.

I think that it's a great product in general, but too many people just toss them around and don't know that they're tossing a very small, very expensive hard-drive around. Theres a reason it's common to make sure your computer doesn't fall onto it's side or why it's also common to screw/clamp/bolt the HDD's into place: They're essentially very large capacity CD's/HDD's that are able to be rewritten repeatedly. And what's the downfall of the CD? That's right, scratches!

The thing with HDD's is that if you whack them while they're being read/run, the spinning discs may collide with something and get scratched, totally fucking you over. That's why most iPods are deemed unstable, because they don't know how to handle them correctly. But with the nano and the shuffle, that's flash memory, aka no HDD, so it's much more robust physically and less likely to break.

I am personally very careful with my iPod. The case it has comes with a nifty belt-clip, so I can take it pretty much everywhere without it being a burden. I'm still semi-searching for some free (or haxxored) software to convert some of my por- I mean movies- into an iPod compatible format. Also knowing about how charging a battery long after it's fully charged is bad for it (my phone is living proof) and knowing that it's best to drain the battery as close to no power as possible without completely draining the batteries before recharging are a few practices that not many people are aware of. Some of my friends have 2nd and 3rd gen iPods and the batteries are dying pretty quickly now, but one knows how to handle rechargeable batteries well and his battery life is significantly better.

What I envy in Mac users is the integration they've had for a few years. Their hardware is all very nicely arranged for an outstanding level of compatibility because there are fewer hardware variables to worry about. I think the iPhone is going to be fantastic if you're into the idea that everything should connect and function together seamlessly. Like...well, M$ tries this by providing Palm Pilots Etc with the Dev kits to enable them to integrate with stuff like MS Outlook, but outlook is pure bitchy evil. However, while I praise Mac for their ability to integrate new products to their existing system of Mac products, it comes at the price of a major consumer price markup. So really it's give and take if you are faced with choosing a windows system or a mac system. Both have some very good reasons to be picked, and they also have some reasons why they shouldn't as well...It's a matter of budget and preference.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:37 am

that was a big post so i didn't bother reading it all.

no i did not know about this program called bootcamp. I do not own a Mac so I don't bother learning things about. If it can play games, that's cool. BUT I ALSO HATE INTEL, so that's not cool. GO AMD.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:02 am

CJ wrote:that was a big post so i didn't bother reading it all.

I've tried that lie. I've disproven that lie. Trust me, my only mistake in my previous post was I got rid of the part where I called you a cocksucking fuckwad.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:15 am

ahh well I wouldn't of taken notice of it anyway
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:11 am

I am a complete Mac User now, I still use windows when I have to, but I just know when I'm older my home-computer is going to be a Mac, maybe with Windows installed on it for gaming. The same friend mentioned in the previous post has already done this on his MacBook.

The thing I hate is people who mindlessly bone over either Mac or Windows, and refuse to consider the other as a decent OS. Though most people I know who do this haven't actually used the other OS, but just happened to read somebody else bitching about it online. It's always been a matter of preferance and always will be.

I had this vision of Apple teaming up with Nintendo and fusing the iPhone and DS, thus producing the perfect portable gadget... thing.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:37 am

The thing I hate is people who mindlessly bone over either Mac or Windows, and refuse to consider the other as a decent OS

So.....Cj, for starters?
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall