ipods.

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

ipods.

Postby Shindy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 pm

Ive never owned an Ipod... ive been searching for some good earphone deals on ebay, and i stumble across a host of earphones named IPOD EARPHONES. are those any different from the normal 3.5 MP3 earphones?
also the ipod mini earphones?
im considering these which comes with free shipping unlike those ridicuolously high shipping prices for the 1 cent earphones. http://cgi.ebay.com/iPOD-Nano-MINI-mp3- ... dZViewItem

just askin.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:38 pm

No, there's absolutely no difference. Apple would have to make an entire garden variety of headphones/earbuds to suit everyone's demands or specifications. The normal iPod earbuds you see often paired with the iPod come standard in the box, as one could assume. I'm guessing nobody really cares to get special earbud headphones when they've already got a pair in the box. I could see how one might think that there was some sort of requirement (other than functioning like any other earbuds) of the iPod, demanding official iBuds or whatever are used in conjunction with an iPod.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:19 pm

oh

bastards.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:45 am

IPods?

Ughh... I think they're crap.

Just look at all those fucked up accessories you see everywhere. Just buying stuff from them helps them to monopolize MP3ness. And you don't want that right?

Monopolizing is scarier then you'd think. I'll go with Zune, although it's a bit crappy now. I'll just wait for like 1 year till a better one comes out.

Also, Zen Creative is with IPod, I'd stay away from that too.
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:35 pm

It's a convenient MP3 player with an easy to use interface, tons of availability, it had pre-existing software I believe, and it came out way before MS did their zune. If this were 5 years ago and M$ had released a zune then, I promise you it'd be a whole other story.

Also, as long as there's a name-brand product, there will always be a cheaper, easier-to-get knockoff. This applies to accessories and MP3 players alike.

And finally, I don't suppose you're a Linux-only user, right? Because if you were a windows user, then you'd be supporting M$'s growing OS monopoly, and that'd be wrong.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:05 pm

I use Windows all the time, and yeah, I hate it.

But then again, if I don't support it, they won't have to put some new crap such as parental controls and stuff. Look what they did to Vista. Put some new features and better graphics to make it look like it can kick any booting applications ass. But then, you're looking only at the front cover of the book.

I can't help but rant: THEY PUT A GODDAMN PARENTAL CONTROL!!! OMFG!!1!1!

Whew... but if I did support the Windows I'm purty sure they'd do their share of money away with Vista.

Oi, and about parental controls, use them before your parents do. First one across the finish line wins.
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:53 am

or you could just get your own PC and install windows vista yourself.

i'm pretty sure it works the same way as XP when activating it.

I use a pirated copy of xp and i've gone past my validation limit, so i have to ring up the microsoft hotline to do it... all you do is tell them that you had to reformat because of a problem or something and it works...

(well it did for me... but the problem in australia is that all customer support calls are diverted overseas to some third world country. I don't know if america is like this but it's an easy way to get a free copy of windows).
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall