persecution complex in action

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

persecution complex in action

Postby HolsteinCow » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:10 pm

I especially liked the ending. The "kid" part. Remind you of someone?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey awesome, I've been signatured!
I feel so happy.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby War » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 pm

Tele you just natural rock. You don't need his sig to be cool.

And I think, as a mod, you should change his little as if at the end. How dare he disrespect the Vikings!
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:04 pm

By "as if", I meant that not everyone is going to forgive him, even if he starts to behave. I don't mean any disrespect for anyone other that black feather.

Oops. I was talking with my friend while typing.
Last edited by MusashiEX on Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:57 pm

Did you really just use [i] and [/b]?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 pm

MusashiEX wrote:By "as if", I meant that not everyone is going to forgive him, even if he starts to [i]behave[/b]...

Personally, I expected nothing less from a member of GCM's entourage. You must be so proud.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:52 pm

Since this topic already plunged straight into the depths, I'd just like to say Teen, I love your avatar. It's been too long since I've watched that.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:21 am

Teenr0cker wrote:
MusashiEX wrote:By "as if", I meant that not everyone is going to forgive him, even if he starts to [i]behave[/b]...

Personally, I expected nothing less from a member of GCM's entourage. You must be so proud.

Of course I'm proud!
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:39 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Since this topic already plunged straight into the depths, I'd just like to say Teen, I love your avatar. It's been too long since I've watched that.

My spoon is too big!

I was making a sweep through my "check every once in a fucking year or so" sites cos I...well, I think I was killing time, I don't really remember, sleep loss does that to you.

But I found out Don Hertzfeldt made a short after his epic 4-year "The meaning of life" movie called "Everything will be ok". He said he wanted it to be short and it "only took [him] a year" to do. It won "Best Short Film" at the Sundance Film Festival this year. And then I longed for his creations once more. The man's brilliant, what can I say?

I was re-reading his journals during those four years while producing "The Meaning of Life" in this fit of stick-figurey awesome (Yes, intentional typo. See if I give two shits) and I just love that they cared so much about the safety of the materials.

By the end of 2002, the entire finished crowd sequence amounted to a relatively modestly-sized but frighteningly irreplaceable stack of paper that was stored in a fireproof safe. At one point near the sequence's completion it was considered perfectly logical to store the fireproof safe inside of a larger fireproof safe.

Don has described the unexpectedly long process of animating this film as, "like etching a novel into a rock one letter at a time with your fingernails". The entire piece is trapped in your head but the process of releasing it drags on with no end in sight.

The movie took four years to produce, but the crowd sequence itself took two years.

Tons of fun shit at his site, read it up:
http://www.bitterfilms.com/

Right now I'm figuring out why this very same gif animation, while saved on my computer, won't work on gaim...I even made sure it was an animation with a gif animation program, yet it doesn't want to work...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:14 am

Teenr0cker wrote:
My spoon is too big!

in that movie, when those cloudy-looking things dance, swedish christmas music is played in the background.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Yet another reason it's awesome.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 am

YouTube comments are really one of the best places to have an intelligent discussion nobody will ever, ever read.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:02 am

Impossible wrote:YouTube comments are really one of the best places to have an intelligent discussion nobody will ever, ever read.

You can comment on YouTube?

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:04 am

Most people just comment with chain comments.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall