BISCUIT MILLS

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

BISCUIT MILLS

Postby Sling » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:02 pm

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/
The existence of this website makes life worth living...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:20 pm

I would like to note their current poll:

"City's that smell of food"
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:16 pm

That website is clearly one of the best things ever, just the whole manner of sincerity about cakes, biscuits etc is truly hilarious... It's like Uncyclopedia... but about cakes, pies and snacks...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:56 pm

That website will haunt my fucking dreams.

Even more than goaste.cx(sic)

fake edit: needed emphasis
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:02 am

everyone knows when [sic]ing, you're supposed to use brackets; not parenthesis.

By the way, if we're talking encyclopedias, encyclopedia dramatica is the way to go.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:46 am

Greatchickenman wrote:everyone knows when [sic]ing, you're supposed to use brackets; not parenthesis.

By the way, if we're talking encyclopedias, encyclopedia dramatica is the way to go.

Actually () are brackets, [] are square brackets, {} are squiggly brackets and so forth... But then again most people aren't up to the naming standards and convetions of the British these days *sigh*
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:39 pm

You’re telling me {} has the official name of "squiggly"?
And if () are brackets, what are parenthesis?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:39 pm

I'll just cite wiki to support what I knew already. All that time using correct vocabulary in Computer Science is paying off big time now! :roll:
Wikipedia wrote:Brackets are punctuation marks used in pairs to set apart or interject text within other text. With respect to computer science, the term is sometimes said to only strictly apply to the square or box type.

Types of brackets include parentheses or round brackets ( ), box brackets or square brackets [ ], curly brackets or braces { }, and angle brackets < >. All these forms may be used according to typographical conventions that may vary from publication to publication and may vary even more from language to language.

Link to wiki article using what I assumed was intended by "Squiggly" as my search string: Source 1
Link showing that "Squiggly" has no page whatsoever on wiki : Source 2
Additional Names for Parentheses : Source 3
Counter Strike: Source
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:24 pm

I declare Teen the winner. I'm not sure what the competition was, but he won.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:20 pm

I think he should be disqualified for the Counter Strike link.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:22 pm

I actually sometimes hear "brackets" used as the word for [] (rather than the parentheses I'm using right now), but square brackets would probably be a better term and avoid confusion.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Also, I think curvy brackets should be used to describe () brackets. They are curvy. {} are squiggy. My opinion, of course.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:20 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:And if () are brackets, what are parenthesis?
An invention of America to confuse people...
Sorry, Squiggly was just the name eveyone in my IT group referred {} to as... but yeah () have alwyas been brackets, just regular plain old brackets. I guees everyone isn't up to the naming conventions of the British after all...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:23 pm

I think it's simply that we here in America are so much smarter that we were able to capitalize upon your archaic language which cannot fathom the meaning of parenthesis.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:29 pm

I know what Parethesis are dumbass, they are a made up word for something that already exists. Maybe if they guy who wrote the American dictionary wasn't a spiteful dislexic idiot we wouldn't be having these confusions, k? The only made-up word which actually makes sense is sidewalk, eveything else is just pointless and crappy.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall