Do you like Metal?!?!

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sling » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:47 pm

DethKlok's album, DethAlbum is released on 25th of September.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:38 pm

In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:39 pm

Not one to triple post but I now have the DethAlbum by DethKlok, buy it, download it, I don't care, go forth and buy.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:14 pm

I havn't heard a whole lot, but so far Malmsteen pwns.

So another thumbs up from me, you guys sure know how to pick em.

Some albums I've checked out lately and liked a lot (they're not new) that you may or may not have are:
- Screaming For Vengeance, Judas Priest
- Greatest Hits, Megadeth
- Lost and Found, Mudvayne
- Spreading the Disease, Anthrax
- Start A War, Static-x, isn't too bad either.

And although the following arn't metal, I figure I may as well give them a mention rather than start a new topic.

Thank You by the Stone Temple Pilots, is pretty good and Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart was one of my favorite songs from Guitar Hero 2.
I've had it for ages, and I'm still not tired of it, so anyone who doesn't have FLCL Volume 3, should get it.
Though I'm reluctant to admit it... I don't mind Exile on Mainstream from Matchbox 20. In fact I like it a lot, some of their old songs are great.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Malmsteen's best albums are Unleash the Fury, Attack!!, Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in Eb Minor Op. 1 and Fire&Ice.

I recommend Korpiklaani, Lamb of God and Arch Enemy...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Spinxa » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:53 pm

I may add to this list of recommended musics. Don't think just because I have a Matchbox Twenty Avatar I don't know good metal!

Hibria - Defying the Rules
Kind of Dragonforce meets "Classic" Metal, good-quality. Catchy, fast and powerful.

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Traditional Metal spawned in the 80s. The vocals are a bit of an acquired taste. Guitar-work is excellent thanks to the deceased Criss Oliva. A highly influential album on American Power Metal.

Overkill - Years of Decay and most of their early work.
Thrash fans of Megadeth and Metallica should enjoy these guys. Manic shrieks placed against searing guitar work makes for a very powerful slice of metal.

Cage - Darker than Black and Hell Destroyer
I cannot recommend these guys enough. Modern, catchy and incredibly heavy power metal. Songs about killing the devil and such. metal played in the vain of Judas Priest, Iced Earth and the like.

Dark Moor - Tarot and the Gates of Oblivion
Why have I not seen these guys mentioned!? They are throughly excellent. Think Nightwish meets Lost Horizon for their early work and then Sonata Arctica meets Rhapsody for their latest. Classical-inspired guitar riffs soaring among the powerful vocals of each respective singer. Their retired female singer sounds more ballsy than most male vocalists and their current singer sounds like Tony Kakko.

Crimson Glory - Self-titled and Transcendence
I won't be offended if few people like them, because the vocals are quite an acquired taste, though wonderful when you get into them. Think Queensryche on steroids. Guitar-work is some of the best I've heard, with songs that have a mystical atmosphere to them.

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
An oldie but a goodie. Love it.
ImageImageImage
Spinxa
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:41 am

Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:49 am

I could bitch about the exclusions of my favorite bands from that list, but that's the first time I've seen Manowar labeled as power metal before. Wikipedia describes them as heavy metal, but I could see how they could be taken either way.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:03 pm

It's from Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:14 am

I don't know what shocks me more, that Machine Head is under Metalcore or that it isn't under Nu Metal.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm

I think everyone should listen to Kittie...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:00 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTR-tePa0Bg
I've never seen so many headbanging russians.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Dimebag RIP ¬_¬
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:06 am

Opeth's new live album The Roundhouse Tapes is out now (or in a days time if you live outside of Europe and Australia)
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:01 am

I just bought G3 Live - Rockin' In The Free World

It owns.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall