are you serious microsoft?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:29 pm

Sling wrote:
Burning_Flame wrote:So you can take them with you when you go race ATV's and sleep with your sister.
But why would I do that? I'm sorry but where I come that is just plain wrong. Mac Desktops are portable so you can bash people round the head with.

Sarcasm wrote:anything with Mac in its name is ment for . . . . simpler . . . . people

Just a generalization of simpler people.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:43 pm

And your point is . . .?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:03 pm

I had a point?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:52 pm

You have a point . . .
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:55 pm

Sarcasm wrote:Orrrr, just use Linux as any respectable kit already has this functionality for years, seriously, anything with Mac in its name is ment for . . . . simpler . . . . people

That reminds me that I really should figure out the grub interface (I believe) to configure hard-drive startup. It's really a pain to have to unplug HDD power cables when I want to use a particular OS.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:14 am

So i install my games on my vista comp (managed to copy the installer, could not copy ISO files for some someone-forsaken REASON!!! why would that be?) and try to play it. unfortunately the mouse is wierd, i move it and it should move accordingly but its a bit slow... and the brightness wont set, and a majority of other graphic settings.

I am seriously considering going back to XP... ive removed MacAFee and ran Bearshare on XP mode; did a search, its not even 1/5 of the results i got from my other XP computer.

The only game i could play well on this OS for now is DragonFable and Runescape, which pretty much finishes the consideration.

so guys... should i wait for patches / new games for vista or go back to XP?
and before saying so... can someone tell me if those specs on the first post is ready for XP?
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:05 pm

I have a Linux. It runs better than my Windows.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Shindy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:29 pm

i prefer to stay with the main force, as it has more support (by the people)

besides, XP works wonderfully.

hurry with the confirmation guys i need to install xp >.<
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:54 am

But he has a linux! A singular linux!

yeah, go xp.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:56 am

Just dual boot and use Ubunto for all your non-gaming needs(most user friendly kit out there) or Red Hat if you are competent enough (most badass kit out there)
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Just have Linux Red Hat, Windows XP and Mac OS X Leopard all on the same machine... YOU CAN'T LOOSE!!!!
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:14 pm

You know, aside from the fat wad of cash for buying the hardware...

When I say "go xp" I'm referring to XP vs Vista, so go crazy with Linux if you've got the time.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:46 pm

so i installed xp, and first thing i have problem is... DRIVERS!!!

massive hosts of problems are thrown at me... no LAN, no internet, no GAMES!!! no video card, NO GAMES!!! no sound, NO GAMES!!!

i went back to vista. i am currently sighing over the new USB 2.0 transfer cable i bought, which doesnt work with vista.

its raining outside. at least thats something good...
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:04 pm

XP should have plenty of drivers unless your keyboard and other hardware was whittled out of a piece of wheat*.

Ron White wrote:I promised sears I would tell this story every night until the lawsuit settled.

I had my van down in Savannah Georgia. I forgot to tell you I had this big two story custom van back when I was married. I forgot to tell you this – It was kind of cool; It had this James Bond thing in the back where you push a button and the couch in the back turned in bed. I thought to myself “I finally have something over those Mercedes Benz driving in laws of mine. When I first got it I brought it over to my brother in law’s house to show it off because he’s such a prick. He takes one look at my van and goes “I can’t believe you didn’t buy a Mercedes Benz”.

“They don’t make a van…..”

“Ron, I don’t think you fully understand the intricacies of Mercedes Benz engineering. Why, I have the three inch wiper blades that keep my headlights clean in a rain storm”.

“I’ve got a place to fuck your sister!”

Anyway, I had the van down in Savannah Georgia and I didn’t like the way the tires were wearing on it so I took the van to Sears Automotive, a trusted name in automotive service. Takes them three and a half hours to change four tires. Turns out they had to whittle one out of a piece of wheat.

I spend $500 of my hard earned money – I take a right hand turn out of the mall, the left hand wheel falls off – FALLS OFF – FALLS THE FUCK OFF.

Turning my van into a tripod, spinning me into a dimension of pissed off I have never been in before in my life.

This guy was a tire guy – That’s all he did. He didn’t some days work on transmissions, he was a tire guy. Sears, I found out later, sent him to tire college for three days.

Turns out he was sick on lug nut day!

But they still let him work on my van.

So I’m suing them and I hope that they have to change the name of Sears Tower to RON WHITE’S BIG OLD FUCKIN' BUILDING!

I felt the need to explain that obscure reference without making our Linkmaster General have to find some link explaining it.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:35 pm

XP does not have drivers for gears that are particularily new.

at least not XP SP1... i have that CD and i cannot dl SP2 cuz of NO INTERNET!!! thats assuming SP2 has the drivers.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall