are you serious microsoft?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:30 pm

Wait. you have no internet but you can post on forums?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:You know, aside from the fat wad of cash for buying the hardware...

When I say "go xp" I'm referring to XP vs Vista, so go crazy with Linux if you've got the time.
Nah, all you need is a Mac with either Bootcamp or Parallels Desktop installed, or just wait until Mac OS X Leopard comes out which has bootcamp with it. The all you need is a copy of XP. Bish, bash, bosh, you have 3 Operating Systems. Unless you're to afraid or too much of a die-hard PC user to use a Mac.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 pm

I'm not. They're fine, robust machines. They just cost a significant amount more than what you'd get with a Dell, so thus my emphasis on the cost. I don't -need- Tiger or Panther or Lion or any other large cats. I'm content with XP/Fedora at the moment, but that doesn't mean I shun Macs. Sheesh.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:07 am

What are you talking about? Mac Mini's are fucking cheap around £399 which is $599. I'm planning on getting a 24" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo which costs £1349, which is $1999. That's pricey. If you are hideously wealthy and you want to splash out then get a fully customised Mac Pro with two 3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors, 16GB RAM (8x2GB), NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2x Dual-link DVI), 4 750GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Disks, Two 16x SuperDrives, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and AirPort Extreme, Quad Channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express Card, Apple Cinema Display (20" flat panel), Five USB ports, Two FireWire 400 ports and Two FireWire 800 ports.

A vast, vaste complete waste of memory and HDD that no-one could ever use up and at £8,957 it's almost worth it but even then it would cost the same if I were to buy every, guitar, guitar effects pedal, and guitar amp I ever wanted, plus 4 packs of strings and a 24" iMac. I then got bored and added two 30" inch displays instead of the one 20" on the customisation page but it said it would cost over £11k so...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:09 am

Blast! I had forgotten about them. They must have been so small that I overlooked them! Or...Perhaps I mistook them for expensive paperweights when I saw them in a Mac store. Who knows?

And while you may plan on getting a pricey Dell, I know there are less-expensive and thusly FAR more popular models that Dell sells for much less than 1400 dollars.

Whatever. Look, get a goddamn computer, set it up RIGHT and then stop bitching, I don't give two fucks if its got boot camp, Ubuntu, or even goddamn Windows 98. Whats funny is YOU are the one fiercely defending Macs when all I have is an inclination not to buy one for what I believe to be a very reasonable notion, and you didn't even start the goddamn topic. So, let me just please say, for the love of God, just shut up, pick a damn machine cos you're obviously not gonna build one yourself.

AND, might I add, if you were to build one, it'd have to be a PC. BAM!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:22 am

I love tinkering with my machine, and with a Mac that would take a sledge hammer/ flamethrower
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:01 am

What are babbling about? I'm not defending macs because no-ones attacking them dumbass. The new Mac's are practically PC's anyway. I am simply being obssessive, get it right. I'm not planning on getting a pricey Dell, I am planning on getting a pricey Mac. I have already got a computer which is set up right and also happens to be a Dell, which also happens to be custom built. It's just a stack of shit becuase my sister and Dad have fucked around with it.

What's funny is that YOU are the only one who is actually arguing and with any passion whatsoever. You somehow made the mistake of thinking I was being aggressive and argumentative, when all I was doing was making half-assed suggestions etc half-assedly and obssessing about Mac's.

What are you even on about? That last post made less sense than one of War's. I'M NOT BUYING A GODDAMN DELL I ALREADY HAVE ONE and it's my Dad's and fucked (in case you missed it the first time). Why would I want to build something myself? I never even said anything that suggested that. Actually read a post next time, then you may actually get things right...

And for the love of all things good that have ever graved the earth don;t turn this into a flame war, becuase this isn;t actually a flame, just like none of my previous posts were attacking or aggressive. Otherwise it'd just end up like this...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Shindy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Here comes another Windows vs Mac Fight. Fight about which one is worse... In the end, our brains will have integrated computers that will make OS's obsolete.

I can post because... I still have my XP comp. So I went back to Vista, playing Dragonfable... waiting for those god-forsaken patches la Vista.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Shindy wrote:Here comes another Windows vs Mac Fight. Fight about which one is worse... In the end, our brains will have integrated computers that will make OS's obsolete.I can post because... I still have my XP comp. So I went back to Vista, playing Dragonfable... waiting for those god-forsaken patches la Vista.

How so?
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:42 pm

I don't think our brain has a microchip-compatable operating system...
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:31 am

I'm sure it was a compelling argument, I merely caught the last part and kinda agreed. I watched the animation instead. That's good enough. Whatever you said, I'm sure I'll agree. If you'd like, I could say the animation had some symbolism. Or Symbology, if you like Boondock Saints.

Microchips. Salty or Sour Cream 'n Onion. Discuss.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:34 am

Salty
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:54 am

No cream cheese`?
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I prefer Nacho Microchips.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby cursethemountain » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:36 pm

salt and vinegar microchips....

i would suggest xp if you have to have a windows.
otherwise, if you just have to spend money you could try mac
but (my favorite option) if you are broke you can try linux
ubuntu is a good choice (installer is text based, or was last i checked)
fedora(redhat) is nice (doesn't support nonfree things like mp3's by default though)
grafpup is good too (live cd geared toward graphic design)
with linux you don't even have to install to try it just download a live cd

for more linux http://www.distrowatch.com
Alan:
Moo cows. Do you like moo
cows? Can you make a moo cow noise?
You know, like...
Mooooooooo!

Alan:
Is there any versimilitude
to the injunction that you are a
corpulent singleton?
cursethemountain