Should I make lots of giant paper shurikens?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Yes
75%
No
8%
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby Sling » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:33 am

Well? We've been recently making fuck loads of paper shurikens out of A4 paper for no apparant reason. Today, I made a shuriken out of A2 card. A2 is about 420mm × 594mm and when folded into a shuriken is the size of my face. Now, given into account that B0 is about 1000mm × 1414mm, should I make shit loads of shurikens out of B0 card?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

Get a loaded glue gun, two coins (quarters work fine), and Exacto blades. Make a coin-glue-coin Oreo and insert the desired number of blades. Enjoy.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:50 am

I made some paper shurikens from thicker art-paper. They were acutally harmful.
Normal printer paper is generally too weak to inflict harm.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:25 pm

I was thinking of making them out of card and then laminating them. I want to mass produce them so I can throw them at people who piss me off or oncoming traffic on the dual-carriageway.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:06 pm

Laminating is not an option. Making them out of sturdier papier is.
It's cheaper!
Here's how you fold:

http://folds.net/tutorial/models/shu_2_ ... grams.html
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:16 am

I already know how to make them... 1 piece of A2 card is like, a quid...
Hmm, I think I might try and rob some bigger paper/card from the college's Art&Media block. They probably have a laminating machine there.

Hmm, that also means I'll be able to test it on the Emo's there. Double win. I just need to make fucks loads before we go to steal their bench and attack them with fizzy bottle bombs on the last day...
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Pieolence » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:22 am

Well... if you need something to throw... make a cut out of tag-board, or a wooden one, or a hard plastic one (use a utility knife or crafting scalpel [such as an exacto-knife] to cut one out of a lid of a pringle can, yogurt container lid, etc) or a steel one, (if you have a hammer, anvil, forge, and coal/propane, though remember, you are not allowed to have steel throwing "stars" or throwing knifes in public), or throw cards or throwing discs (you can cut the edges off of a pringle can lid, yogurt lid, etc. to make a flat disc, throwing discs [cards can be classified as a "disc" due to the way they fly] are thrown by putting it between the index finger and the middle finger, moving the wrist so your hand and arm form a 90 degree [right] angle [facing towards your other hand], then quickly moving your wrist back to a 180 degree (straight) angle quickly and letting go, it is difficult to describe).

Note: Coins can be used as throwing discs (and they actually fly pretty well), the only problem is that they are small... and it is difficult enough to find larger, brightly colored throwing discs most of the time...
Pieolence
Wanderer

Return to The Scratch Wall