Irony

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Irony

Postby HolsteinCow » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Recently, Disney released a made-for-TV movie called High School Musical 2. It was well received on FOX News, because one of the main characters was a prodigy, got A's in every class, was waiting until marriage for that horrible act which must not be named, etc.

LOS ANGELES,Calif., Sept. 6th--Due to the recent scandal of "High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens' naked photo scandal, Execs at Disney have parted ways with the star and have decided to replace her with "Cheetah Girls" star Adrienne Bailon.

The decision came just hours after the scandal became public and got to the offices at Disney. Says insiders "It was an extremely hard decision to do. Vanessa has become apart of the family, but we felt it was irresponsible of her to do what she did."

It has now been announced that Bailon, star of another hugely successful Disney franchise "The Cheetah Girls" will replace Hudgens in the role of Gabriella, Zac Efron's love interest in the upcoming "High School Musical 3".

Both Hudgens and Bailon's reps denied a comment, as well as the reps for Disney.

This is what happens when you attempt to bomb the Tree of Irony. Be careful out there, folks.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:16 pm

And the balance is restored...
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:10 pm

the upcoming High School Musical 3?

Oh god....
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Iorek » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:29 pm

When I used to go up to my terribly conservative Dad's house on weekends, I would see this "High School Musical" poster (belonging to my step-sister). The actors looked so surreal. It was just one of many testaments to my other family's paper-bag over the head blind-faith moral values.

Cheers.

(I know, saying cheers after my post is so original and exciting!)
Iorek
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:23 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:the upcoming High School Musical 3?

Oh god....
These were my thoughts when I heard that there was High School Musical 1. I don't think a non-musical (high-)school movie could be ever done right, let alone a musical. Every (high-)school film I have seen: - a)Gets it wrong and b)Makes me puke.

High School Musical. Escapism for the family.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Has anyone actually watched one of these (tv) movies? I'm curious as to how bad they are.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I've seen one scene. They were playing baseball and spontaneously broke out into a song and dance routine. It has scarred me for life.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 am

One of my "friends" started watching (and singing along to) High School Musical 2 during one of my LAN parties. I'm afraid by the time I turned it off the damage was done. Ony guy nearly threw up. Everyone else was literally screaming. I'm still having nightmares...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Archi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Sling wrote: Every (high-)school film I have seen: - a)Gets it wrong and b)Makes me puke.

Have you ever seen Donnie Darko? If you ignore the trippier parts of the plot, there's a lot of very accurate depiction of school life in that movie-- that, and it's just an awesome movie in general.

Other than that, I can't think of any great school-centered (or at least largely involved) movies.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Sling » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Well I've never seen Donnie Darko. Didn't even know it was high-school related.

School of Rock is acceptable, but it would have been better if they had based it on shred-metal and got Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Stump, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and DragonForce to do all the music and then renamed it to Night of the Living Shred.

Long time no see Archi. Is this a sign that all the old members are returning?
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Archi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:10 pm

Sling wrote:School of Rock is acceptable, but it would have been better if they had based it on shred-metal and got Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Stump, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and DragonForce to do all the music and then renamed it to Night of the Living Shred.

Add Buckethead to that list and I think we'll be in total agreement ;-P

Sling wrote:Long time no see Archi. Is this a sign that all the old members are returning?

Oh, I've always just lurked. I've never really been 'gone', really-- I just seldom log in. Maybe I should post more now that things are sort of stagnating.

I guess I just keep hoping someone comes up with new ideas about the game or something.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Well I've never seen Donnie Darko. Didn't even know it was high-school related.

Go, watch it. Now. You have no excuse.

Now.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Archi » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Donnie Darko is meaningful to me among movies, just as The Way is among games, and Evangelion is among anime. They all get me thinking. I really would recommend anyone to see it.
Archi
Plyn

Postby Porter » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:02 pm

I've seen the picture, why did she take it? And why didn't she shave that shit?
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Return to The Scratch Wall