A Movie: Zeitgeist

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

A Movie: Zeitgeist

Postby Iorek » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:28 pm

It's an extremely important political documentary exposing the greatest of human atrocities. Watch it free at the link below:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
Last edited by Iorek on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iorek
Plyn

Postby Shindy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Explosions were awesome, but i don't get the purpose of the very beginning of the movie.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Sling » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:50 am

Seen it before. Zeitgeist is good and all but all it seems to have done is nitpick at the smallest of details and blow them completely out of proportion, that and they got tons of stuff wrong. I remember watching part of this on YouTube and some people were pointing out the mistakes made and all these other people were just like "NO YOU'RE WRONG!1!one" which kinda defeated the point of the movie anyways.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Iorek » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:14 pm

Sling wrote:Seen it before. Zeitgeist is good and all but all it seems to have done is nitpick at the smallest of details and blow them completely out of proportion, that and they got tons of stuff wrong. I remember watching part of this on YouTube and some people were pointing out the mistakes made and all these other people were just like "NO YOU'RE WRONG!1!one" which kinda defeated the point of the movie anyways.

Many people on YouTube act very immature and aren't interested in the truth, but the pleasure of arguing. YouTube is not a good source of information or commentary on important subjects like this.
Iorek
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:20 am

Yeah. I got blocked for pointing how immature everyone was being.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Iorek » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:24 am

Sling wrote:Zeitgeist is good and all but all it seems to have done is nitpick at the smallest of details and blow them completely out of proportion, that and they got tons of stuff wrong.

In the interest of knowing more, will you explain to me what they blew out of proportion and did not accurately report and cite your source(s)?
Iorek
Plyn

Postby Sling » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:29 pm

Uh... well for starters they got a ton of stuff about Egyptian mythology incorrect. In one vid they said Horus was the Egyptian sun god. Horus was never known as the sun god, he didn't become Ra (who was the Egyptian sun god) until much later. They said Horus was born of a virgin and he had 12 disciples but again it wasn't Horus who was born of a virgin it was some other Egyptian god and there is no source that says he had 12 disciples.

I'm pretty sure they got the Egyptian god of the underworld wrong as well, it does go on and on but I can't remember everything, I only saw it once and that was a fair while ago and it's just little things anyway.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Iorek » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Sling wrote:Uh... well for starters they got a ton of stuff about Egyptian mythology incorrect. In one vid they said Horus was the Egyptian sun god. Horus was never known as the sun god, he didn't become Ra (who was the Egyptian sun god) until much later. They said Horus was born of a virgin and he had 12 disciples but again it wasn't Horus who was born of a virgin it was some other Egyptian god and there is no source that says he had 12 disciples.

I'm pretty sure they got the Egyptian god of the underworld wrong as well, it does go on and on but I can't remember everything, I only saw it once and that was a fair while ago and it's just little things anyway.

I think he actually was known as the sun god. This is well cited in the Interactive Transcript of Zeitgeist:

"The fundamental Sky/Sun Gods of Ancient Egypt were Osiris, Horus and Ra. Because of the very large span of time these and other gods flourished in Egypt there is a considerable degree of overlap & permutation regarding the attributes and thus stories.

For example, Horus's character takes on many forms within many symbolic phases. For example, there is a 'text book' idea of him having one eye as the moon and the other the sun, but this should not be considered on any level the finite manifestation of Horus.

As John G. Jackson points out regarding the different versions of Horus:

"...Over a period of thousands of years the various Horuses blended together until there were only two left; Horus the Sun God and Horus the son of Osirus and Isis.
The priniciple Horus Gods were as follows:

'Horus the Elder': His Image was that of a man with a head of a hawkm as a hawk, or a lion."

'Horus the Younger': ... This Horus wore the double crown of the two Egypts...

'Horus of the Two eyes'...'Horus of the Two Hozizons'..."[1]

Regarding the hybird nature of the Gods,
Samuel Sharpe points out:

"The long list of gods...again further increased in two ways. The priests sometimes made a new god by uniting two or three or four into one, and at other times by dividing one into two or three, or more. Thus out of Horus and Ra they made Horus-Ra, called by the Greeks Aroeris. Out of Osiris and Apis the bull of Memphis, the priests of Memphis made Osiri-Apis or Serapis. He carries the two sceptres of Osiris, and has a bull's head. Out of Amun-Ra and Ehe the bull of Heliopolis, the priests of the East of the Delta made Amun-Ra-Ehe. To this again they added a fourth character, that of Chem, and made a god Amun- Ra-Ehe- Chem. Out of Kneph the Spirit, and Ra the Sun, they made Kneph-Ra. Out of Sebek and Ra, they made Sebek-Ra. In this way the Egyptians worshipped a plurality in unity."[2]

At times he forms one of a trinity in unity, with Ra and Osiris, a god with the two sceptres of Osiris, the hawk's head of Horus, and the sun of Ra. This is the god described to Eusebius, who tells us that when the oracle was consulted about the divine nature, by those who wished to understand this complicated mythology, it had answered, "I am Apollo and Lord and Bacchus," or, to use the Egyptian names, "I am Ra and Horus and Osiris." Another god, in the form of a porcelain idol to be worn as a charm, shows us Horus as one of a trinity in unity, in name, at least, agreeing with that afterwards adopted by the Christians--namely, the Great God, the Son God, and the Spirit God. [3[

And as Acharya S Points out:

"In The Egyptian myth, Horus and his once-and-future Father, Osiris, are frequently interchangeable, as in "I and my Father are one."[4]

In regards to these complex permutaions/overlaps Zeitgeist, The Movie, has encapsulated the general characteristics simply under the title of "Horus".

[1] - Jackson, John: Christianity before Christ, page 112-113
[2] - Sharpe, Samuel: Egyption Mythology and Egyption Christinity(1863) Chapter 2, Page 9.
[3] Sharpe, Samuel: Egyption Mythology and Egyption Christinity(1863) Chapter 6, Page 88-89.
[4] - Acharya S: The Christ Conspiracy, p 114"

Additionally, every website coming up with a Google search for "Horus Sun God" has conception (admittedly, somewhat differing) of Horus as a sun god.

See: 2.2 Sun God http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus#Conception (granted, it has missing citations).

Do you have any sources that I may look at concerning the things you've said?
Iorek
Plyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:12 pm

Having briefly looked up Horus, I find he was considered a sky god, which will naturally encompass the sun, but also the moon. Apparently he was also considered a god of war. I haven't seen this movie so I have no idea what impact this might have on its message. Also, an observation: I would frame Google searches carefully, as if you're looking to prove a fact, simply typing it in doesn't guarantee valid results. For instance, if I typed in "Tom Brady is a faggot" into Google, I'm sure that every website would have some support that Tom Brady is, in fact, a faggot. Perhaps not factually accurate, so the first page of any search engine result can't be taken as gospel. Again, not that it matters - I'm just being pissy. :wink:
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:10 am

More good reading on the topic of the first chapter of that movie:

http://www.exitmundi.nl/bible/
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Iorek » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:12 pm

Good non-mainstream news site to go to:

http://www.globalresearch.ca

It looks like Inderos was right about the government controlling our minds.
Iorek
Plyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:55 pm

Iorek wrote:Good non-mainstream news site to go to:

The lizardians and jew bankers secretly control the world and only Ron Paul can stop them.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:38 pm

HolsteinCow wrote:
Iorek wrote:Good non-mainstream news site to go to:

The lizardians and jew bankers secretly control the world and only Ron Paul can stop them.

Don't forget about the chemtrails and alien baby implants :D
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall