I am legend

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I am legend

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:09 am

...Is more like "I am awesome!"

It's a great film, the batman trailer that showed before hand was also very cool.

I'm reading the book now, and I gotta say they could have done better with the script with certain things. They took out a few details, some good, some cheesy.

Like the ...infected, as they say. In the book, they pretty much scream 'VAMPIRE'. In the film? Meh, some kind of disease that makes you crave flesh and lose your hair and hate the sun...Overall, it wasn't terrible, but I seriously recommend reading the book if you can.

Note: I was actually reminded of "The last man on earth" starring Vincent Price...only, I found out just now...That film is based off of the book "I am Legend". The film was great, so I can only doubly recommend you read the book! And watch the film! And maybe see the newer movie...Maybe.

The film with Price is free to the public and can be found here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0186335997
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 pm

I read a leaked script for this many years ago. Who knows if it's the same one they eventually used, but it did read like it would be a good film. It looked interesting to me, and I'd like to see it eventually. Batman trailer? Nice!
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:42 am

I liked it. Ending was kinda lame though. I mean,

***SPOILER***
why did that girl that just kinda "shows up" end up being the one to deliver it? Ya know? Lame. And no love interest really, other than flashbacks. Every story needs a good love interest, not a random Irish chick.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Glenn47 wrote: Every story needs a good love interest, not a random Irish chick.

Why not? It's working well for Heroes, sort of...

Well I guess the idea was like "you can't be a legend unless you're dead". Maybe? I don't know, the story was made in that sort of horror genre where the hero dies and you get left with a "huh, that kinda sucks to be him" mentality.

And in other news! The Futurama movie kicked total ass, just in case nobody knew it came out! Included on the DVD is an extra, super-awesome bonus episode of the classic sitcom, "Everybody loves Hypnotoad". That's 22 minutes of pure glorious entertainment! What a waste of disc space...Ripoff...

Oh, and apparently Adult Swim's ownership over the show expired as 2008 came, so ...no more Futurama on AS...The marathon rocked though.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:26 am

From what I've read, I think I'd enjoy I am Legend with the original ending.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Yeah, I didn't like the ending.

SPOILERS

Why didn't he just throw the grenade through the crack in the glass and went inside the hole? There was more than enough time. It took half an hour for the grenade to explode.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall