The Way - Trailer Video

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Way - Trailer Video

Postby LunC » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 pm

I've decided to post my first attempt at a trailer video for The Way. If you think you can do better, please feel free to go for it. Perhaps we could have something of a contest in the near future.

http://www.crestfallen.us/downloads/theway_trailer1.wmv
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Re: The Way - Trailer Video

Postby War » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:27 am

This is the first post LunC has made on the forums in over a year.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:36 am

War wrote:This is the first post LunC has made on the forums in over a year.

Anyway, that's cool beans, though I'd be wary of showing any major spoilers in such a trailer.
Green Day sucks
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Cryora » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:32 am

Cool trailer. I felt a sting of embarrassment when I heard the Boulevard of Broken Dreams song, because I hear that song all the time, but it actually goes well with the trailer :D

So you're going to be a screenplay writer. That's awesome :D I bet you'll do a great job, keep up the good work.. cause I have no doubt that the man who programmed the scenes of The Way will be successful in the theater field as well.
Cryora
Plyn

Postby JourWorstNightmare » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 am

Pretty cool :)

You may want to consider putting it up on YouTube, so more people can discover this great game series.
JourWorstNightmare
Plyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:30 pm

I felt a little weird about Boulevard of Broken Dreams as well, but it is hard to deny that it fits the series. There some points that really sync'd up with the music very well.

All in all, brought back some good memories of a game I should play again... eventually.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Cool.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:08 pm

I have the same feelings about the song as the rest of you, but it does fit I guess. I had figured the music for the trailer was just going to be Freedom. The video itself was good. Kinda starts off slow, but gets good at the chorus, which looks to be the intent.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:53 pm

The intro itself already goes with Freedom so well, it's better that he didn't use it.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah.....nice video......

But I have heard that song wayyyyyy too much.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:18 pm

Maybe someone could make a trailer done to Crestfallen by The Smashing Pumpkins, that song fit the game almost too well. Though the song may be too subdued for a trailer.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Awesome trailer. I would echo the suggestion of someone previous and say this should get posted to YouTube. Why not? I'm glad there was next to zero shots of dialogue - it's impressive that sheer action shots and gameplay alone can make an interesting trailer that lasts for 4+ minutes. And I actually didn't get as annoyed with the song choice as I thought I would - it actually does fit pretty well, as Sage was saying. I might suggest putting some mention of the Way at the very beginning so utter neophytes won't be completely in the dark as to what they're watching. In any case, nice work on the trailer, Lun, and hope you post some more work soon.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 pm

That was awesome!!!
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Not a fan of the song... but I appreciate how appropriate it is for The Way. I would have expected a trailer of any sorts to have "Freedom" as the backing track. Truly awesome in terms of content, the faster paced parts (as in the parts where it's not just Rhue walking, but Rhue dodging spikes or swimming or something else insane) were baddass. My only suggestion would be to throw some random Tech attacks from battle scenes and maybe flit quickly between scenes faster and faster before "The Way http://www.cresft... etc." appears. As is the trend with trailers. But who am I to suggest, never made a trailer in my life. Thumbs up and all that, pip pip.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:24 am

Maybe we could have two trailers - a gameplay trailer with mini-games, exploration, pretty areas, and the Plunge, and a story with a bit more dialogue in it. Just keep to dialogue that looks dramatic or interesting, without giving away too much. That worked for BSUAJ:GC1OTHBS. Either way, though, avoid actual spoilers - like burning Estrana, which while cool is way too spoilery. Mostly stick to story stuff that the player can't tell anything important from on its own, particularly earlier episodes. Also, the trailer needs more plunge stuff, especially as that lets you show off effects for the high level ones.

I'm fairly good at video composition and that kind of thing, but I don't have footage from all throughout The Way. I KNEW we should have just gotten those videos. >_>
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall