RPG Network... We're not listed???

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

RPG Network... We're not listed???

Postby Shindy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:17 pm

http://www.rpgmaker.net/

It's supposed to be largest network for RPG games made by RPG Maker... Even Three the Hard Way is listed, nearly every RPG game is listed, and there are many visiting.

I can't submit The Way because if I do it'll appear as if I created the game. Lun will need to.

IF, Lun would submit this game to the website, one of two things will happen.

1. The forums are tuned up again and many will come for game discussion.
2. The forums will be flooded with turds.

LunC'scall...
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Re: RPG Network... We're not listed???

Postby Glenn47 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:34 pm

Please do! I'd love to see new faces around here!
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:19 am

But you gotta remember, we could be flooded by a bunch of Doovy an Co-like people.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:32 am

If we sit in this forum flame-free for too long, we might lose our powers. I guess this could work to our advantage.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 am

Sling wrote:If we sit in this forum flame-free for too long, we will get bored. I guess this could work to our advantage.

fixed
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:54 am

That too.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:49 am

If new people arrive, you kids play nice, y'hear?
I don't want to have to get flailing with the lockstick.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:22 pm

In the case that we somehow do get extra members, I propose the institution of Flame Club, with the following rules:

First rule of Flame Club: You don't talk about flame club.
Second Rule of Flame Club: You don't talk about flame club.
Third Rule of Flame Club: When someone says stop, or goes limp... burn him.
Fourth Rule of Flame Club: As many guys to a flame as possible.
Fifth Rule of Flame Club: As many flames as possible at one time.
Sixth Rule of Flame Club: Flame without reserve or conscience.
Seventh Rule of Flame Club: Flames go on as long as they have to.
Eighth Rule of Flame Club: If this is your first night at flame club, you will be flamed.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun May 04, 2008 7:03 pm

...This might take a while.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Tue May 06, 2008 2:24 am

Burning_Flame wrote:But you gotta remember, we could be flooded by a bunch of Doovy an Co-like people.

Actually We got flooded by doovy & Co like people because i told my friends about this game. I'm quite sure it'd probably be better to have a few so called douchebags knowing about and liking this game than not having the way's fanbase grow at all.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue May 06, 2008 10:56 am

CJ wrote:I'm quite sure it'd probably be better to have a few so called douchebags knowing about and liking this game than not having the way's fanbase grow at all.

No, no... I did my doctoral dissertation on this, and after hours of pain-staking research I've concluded that contrary to popular opinion, having no people in on something is FAR more desirable to having extremely stupid people in on it. It's harsh, but it's a prevalent theory. Real life example: next time that idiot who ALWAYS fucks things up wants to join your D&D game, don't feel compelled by some antiquated sense of pity to let him join in. Unless he's known to be a psychopathic gun-wielder. Then you might want to watch what you say. But on the internet, the rules are a little different (unless you find out his real name and discover he's a registered sex offender living two blocks away, then you have bigger problems).

The theory goes like this: noobs are an infinite resource. There will ALWAYS be an income (even if it's very slow) of noobs into a community, provided it's not dead. And don't try and goddamn contradict me by saying we need to accept these noobs in so the community doesn't die. That has to do with Lun coming out with something new. Intelligent works attracts intelligent people. But anyway, noobs will ALWAYS come into a community. Noobs have the POTENTIAL to become respectable people. What matters is their ability to adapt and grow. Supreme idiots such as preteens, groups of friends in high school who get major chubbies from pissing off ANY kind of authority figure (no matter how asinine, see: me), and your plain ol' garden variety trolls are those that get no chance. They need to be shot down and evicted INSTNATLY because they display almost no capacity to become tolerable beings. And would you really WANT to call these people your fans? (If you were 99% of Hollywood celebrities, only then is the answer yes).

But then you have the more docile and peace-appreciating noobs. Sure they're often a bit confused, say a few dumb things, and sure, they'll suffer for it, but if they pull through (showing a bit of willpower) and finally realize what a community is all about, that's good! (And if they don't you have a dreaded endless noob who only becomes more and more insurmountable as time passes). And on rare occasion you get the people who immediately know what's going on. The lurkers who've done their homework, or just have lots of experience with forums. They can assimilate very fast ranging on the xenophobia quotient of the community.

This is the Greater Theory of Internet Selection, dictating the essential flow that a community can follow to become near-ideal (with complete ideal being a topic of quantum internets). Important concepts are in italics, quiz on Friday, no notes. If everyone gets a 100, we'll have a pizza party next week. See you tomorrow.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 am

First of all, /clap.

Second,

EmperorJeramyu wrote:They need to be shot down and evicted INSTNATLY because they display almost no capacity to become tolerable beings.

You should upgrade those AA turrets, we've got an issue...
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue May 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Whilst having stupid people in on something is undesirable, it can, however, sometimes work to your advantage. For instance, whilst participating in a derivative of Laser Tag, some dumb kid on my team kept following me which resulted in my position being given away quite a few times. Finally, I convinved the kid that we should split up. I told him I would cause a distraction whilst he went round and stole their flag. Well, he ran off and immediately drew the attention of the opposite team in their base, as they were shooting at him, I used the opportunity to sneak round the back put my gun through the window, shoot everbody and steal their flag.

However, this can cause negative effects, universally known as 'Retard's Revenge'. Even on the internets, an enraged retard is a dangerous individual. Real life encounters can be deadly depending on size. The average retard is no more stronger than you or I but if infuriated with Retard's Rage can disembowel you with their bare hands. To combat this you must thus know their weakness. Cake. Becuase let's face it, who doesn't want cake? With the retard distracted you have the chance to flee or to mace them. However, there is of course a rising number of retards the size of bears. If you enrage these individuals nothing can save you, not even the internet. It is best to run away with a group of friends. At best the retard will slaughter them allowing you to escape, with a possible love interest, whilst the cops finally kill the retard by shooting it even more. At worst you will all die, but you will be killed last possibly you allowing time to develop a scheme to kill the retard along with you.

The internets, however, has revolutionised the way we deal with retards today. The average retard does not understand that they are conversing with real people and will senselessly bash the keyboard and murder a few bystanders. However, the few retards that understand the internet well enough have the ability to track you down to your house where they will attempt to kill you in a number of obsolete ways until finally you nab the weapon you had by your side all the time and kill that retard or until they eat you. The only way to prevent this is to a)lone your house to one of your friends who you don't like that much or b)you kill them first. Pre-emptive strikes are always justified especially if they have WMDs. The bear-sized retard has psychic powers or is drawn to via a curse or is really a zombie. When they find out who you are, they WILL kill you, unless you take the advice given above, in which case they will still kill you but there is a 50% chance you will kill them first in which case you will be killed by the second retard who was there all the time but you just didn't quite see them. The only defences against the second retard is a)build an army clones, b)induce superpowers on yourself, c)utilise gamma radiation to tap into your inner rage c)miniguns, they ARE the ultimate weapons .

Here's a few pointers: -
- Retards don't actually rule the night, so NVG and Thermal goggles WILL come in handy unless you are dealing with psychic retards.
- With enough momentum, a fast moving retard is unstoppable, luckily there are few in existence.
- Nothing can fully distract a retard from it's goal. The only solution is to convince them that doing a certain act, i.e. running in the path of a train, will accomplish this goal.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm

1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue May 06, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm going to see if I can't get Jera's N00b Theory published in some peer-reviewed journal. It just might rank up there with several important laws of nature. Get ready for a whirlwind tour of college speaking engagements, my friend. Also, whenever n00bs make the news, all the morning shows will want to interview you.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall