a little assistance please...

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

a little assistance please...

Postby darthdrew87 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:17 am

wasn't sure where to post this, but i tried to download crestfallen inception act i and ii, and ascension, but it won't let me....are they no longer available?
darthdrew87
Wanderer

Re: a little assistance please...

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu May 01, 2008 11:49 am

Yeah, the downloads appear to be down. Not sure if/when they'll go back up, but I can contact Roman and ask if he can fix them.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby MusashiEX » Thu May 01, 2008 6:38 pm

I tried playing those last year, I think. It didn't work properly and I had to edit it a little bit. Maybe you have to play them on a Win 9x system. I was playing on a Win NT system.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu May 01, 2008 7:40 pm

If that were the case, setting the compatibility mode to win 95 or 98 might work.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Jonesy » Sat May 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Somewhere along the way several events ended up missing in OK Impala!'s version. Notably key triggers are basically screwed less than an sixth of the way through the game. You can deleted the triggers so that the scene will just end but you'll be missing key exposition.

If I remember right, my old beta version of the game didn't have these problems.
Jonesy
Plyn

Postby Jonesy » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 am

Actually now that I'm replaying the game again, the only trigger that is screwed up so far is Pasachoff's arrival in Port Bremen. The trouble is that the event trigger goes off camera vertically, which in RM 1.23 basically means it just broke the trigger. Deleting the line that controls the trigger's movement or simply assigning it to a random object on the map would probably fix the problem, or sending the character off horizontally.

Yes, I dug up my forum account just for this.

Edit- Did the horizontal actor movement route, it works. Also fixed up another trigger dealing with Pasachoff, one where you run for the Iron Hills. A rockslide was supposed to happen but never gave you back control over your characters.

Double edit: There's numerous problems with triggering throughout the game. Fobo has a lot of triggers whose actors are offscreen, which basically makes them completely fuck up. Copying the actor so that its on screen or off screen vertically and adding a switch will fix the issue. There's about 5 of these if you chose the "best" route for the game.
Jonesy
Plyn

Return to The Scratch Wall