I can't believe it

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I can't believe it

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri May 16, 2008 10:13 pm

I've seen some pretty dumb ideas in my life, but never did I think I'd see the day someone thought it would ever be a good idea to make DONNIE FUCKING DARKO 2.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/872/872860p1.html

How could they... i mean, why...wha....GAH >_<
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Re: I can't believe it

Postby Impossible » Sun May 18, 2008 12:53 am

I love Donnie Darko, but... WHAT THE FUCK? And the director is being changed, so this is guaranteed to be just like every other movie sequel in recent memory - crap. I don't get it; games manage to make superior sequels all the time, but movies screw it up. And one of the best things the original had going for it was great directing, so now we've probably lost that.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun May 18, 2008 1:04 pm

Impossible wrote:I don't get it; games manage to make superior sequels all the time, but movies screw it up.

Its simple, games need to be good to make a lot of money, terrible movies make much more money than good ones all the time, especially with sequels.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun May 18, 2008 6:32 pm

/wrist

They're gonna ruin Donnie Darko. If they're gonna do a sequel of sorts, do it with another family. What's next? The Darko family has magical powers?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:36 am

Yeah no kidding. This is gonna be the biggest flaming pile ever conceived.

The difference with video game sequels is you can look at each individual concept people didn't like, like a bad menu screen or a gay item. With movies they just say "Hmm...that worked...let's try and do the same exact fucking thing again with different characters!" or "That plot went really well, let's unnecessarily advance it!"

Of course, I'm almost certain you meant the movie/video game question to be rhetorical...but I still had to explain it. Maybe because I'm so fucking pissed off, and pointless explanations calm me down.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon May 19, 2008 10:40 am

Even game sequels don't always work out. Perfect Dark Zero, anyone? That was crap. I emptied an entire clip into this guy's body and he didn't die. He came up to me and slashed me twice with a sword and I died. People should just leave things alone.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon May 19, 2008 10:42 am

That was a prequel.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon May 19, 2008 12:28 pm

How does that change anything?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon May 19, 2008 3:08 pm

You guys are really overreacting...There are thousands of decent movies with sequels that suck but you don't know about them because they fly under the radar(Starship Troopers 2, anyone?[Butterfly Effect 2, anyone?]).

I'd be more pissed if the movie turns out to be good and no one knows about it than if it turns out like it's expected.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Haha with prequels they look at it and say "Alright, these are all the things people liked! Let's take a few away and pretend this stuff happened beforehand!" The sad part is when a prequel sucks and you have to take it as truth.
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Glenn47 wrote:with prequels they look at it and say "Alright, these are all the things people liked! Let's take a few away and pretend this stuff happened beforehand!"

I laughed at how true this statement is. This Donnie Darko sequel is going to be retarded, judging from the weak synopsis the only thing tying it to the first is the fact that it's Donnie's sister and she's having weird things happen to her. So in other words, just change the character and call the movie Wierd Shit Happening to a Random Girl.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Don't mention prequels, the last thing we want is an excuse for a Donnie Darko 3.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:41 am

I'd actually be excited for a movie called Weird Shit Happening to a Random Girl.
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue May 27, 2008 7:29 am

MusashiEX wrote:How does that change anything?

Prequels are worse. In fact MGS3 is the only good prequel I've ever played.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue May 27, 2008 7:17 pm

I'd actually be excited for a movie called Weird Shit Happening to a Random Girl.

I think most of us would.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall