Super-hawt fuckbuddy or beautiful girlfriend?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Super-hawt fuckbuddy or beautiful girlfriend?

Super-hawt fuckbuddy
24%
Beautiful girlfriend
76%

Total votes : 21

Re: Super-hawt fuckbuddy or beautiful girlfriend?

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:16 am

Glenn47 wrote:With two atheist friends, I basically have to take either fucking or children as the meaning of life. Raw sex won't satisfy me forever, I'll have kids someday.

Wow, no offense, but you have a very narrow range of things that make your life meaningful. Why are people so obsessed with finding a meaning of life anyway? There doesn't have to be, and reasons and meanings aren't raw physical forces as far as I know. Last I checked there is no omnipotent rulebook that states there's a meaning of life, and you have to have a reason to live. It's fine and dandy if you do, and if you do happen to have a reason, and again no offense, but in my opinion sex and children are awfully depressing reasons to live.

Children especially, I don't see what the big deal is, other than having a remotely potential chance of having someone to parasite off of in your old age. I'm damn well sure I'm an accident, and I can't help but wonder what my parents' lives would be like if they had never had children. They'd probably be more wealthy, more free, and probably a lot younger inside. The happiness a successor and children bring are just as transient as any other kind of happiness, it's the same chemicals stirring up. I think it's historical and societal pressures that tell us our lives are meaningless unless we have children. Yes, it's the biological program of all animals, but as humans with advanced consciousnesses, we have the power to defy nature and pursue our own desires through willpower. If you want to procreate because it's a biological program, that's probably a better reason than most, but I'd prefer to utilize as much of the human advantages as I can for the time I'm here. And that's reason enough, without even touching on the much more practical fiscal and chronological drain offspring can inflict.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:45 am

What the fuck? My parents leech off of me. They only thing they do for me is buy food and cook one of my meals a day. I'm expected to buy everything and do everything else by myself despite having no job and the only income I get, £20 a week, is EMA meaning I only get it if I go to college and since it is now the summer I have no money. Seriously, my parents think that asking for a £5 is asking a lot and that asking for £20 is like asking for the crown jewels. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like without my parents. I'd be wealthier and certainly healthier. I would also be free of many useless commitments to various clubs/groups etc that my parents forced me into.

The wierd thing is, I was treated better by my grandmother depite not much money herself. Also, my parents think they are better and more mature than I simply becuase they're my parents and older than me. Bullshit. My mum threw a hissy fit becuase she couldn't work MySpace and MSN messenger and then had a go at me for not helping her, depite the fact she never asked me to help anyway and then said I was being rude for pointing said things out. At least they've given up on trying to force me to do menial and, ultimately, pointless chores that they should do anyway.

I stopped looking up to my parents when I realised that their idea of maturity was just an illusive facade to trick me into becoming as miserable and boring as they are and then have kids so I can victimise them in the same way. No fucking deal. If I have kids it would becuase I wanted to, not becuase I "have to" and I would certainly treat them better than how my parents treated me and I'd actually wait until I had a wellpaid job instead of a job at a local DIY store.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:00 am

If I have a kid (God fucking forbid), it'll only be to one-up the neighbor or to make an abomination even the Spore creature creator couldn't produce (hiiiiiigh opinion of my self-image!).

Or maybe to train to fight Sushi's spawn.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:35 am

Jeramyu, you are awesome, you have summed up what I so futilely try and explain to my mates.

Ironically because you said that I'd be willing to bear your children, but that's a different issue... and involves copying that shite Anrold Schwartzerneger film.

Here's an idea, instead of kids, why don't you just build/buy a robot. It's better than a child, costs less, not as needy, doesn't need feeding and unlike with human kids if it defies your will you can just reprogram it. I imagine most parent's lives would be easier if us youthful layabouts stopped trying to do things for ourselves in our own way and just accepted that our parents were there first and they know better (and trust me, they do know better, we just don't care).
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:47 am

My parents certainly don't know better. My dad is conviced that if we get a wireless router than we'll get hacked into and have out computers destroyed or something like that.

a)Encryption
b)This is the fucking Isle of Wight

Also, rock music is secretly corrupting me to do the devil's work. Guns N' Roses and other hard rock bands are 'Heavy Metal'. Wearing T-shirt with snakes and dragons symbolise evil. Having one drink makes you drunk and not only drunk but an alchoholic instantaneously. Whiskey and similar drinks were never meant to be made. Final Fantasy promotes witchcraft, the occult and evil as does Lord of the Rings. Anything that has the word Darkness, Evil and similar in their title instantly makes it to do with the occult and, as such, will corrupt my mind. Anything with dragons in it is do to with the occult. Martial arts is to do with the occult. So I would say no, they don't know better.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm gonna borrow one from the homosexuals:

Fucking Breeders.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:04 am

Sling wrote:My parents certainly don't know better. My dad is conviced that if we get a wireless router than we'll get hacked into and have out computers destroyed or something like that.

a)Encryption
b)This is the fucking Isle of Wight

Also, rock music is secretly corrupting me to do the devil's work. Guns N' Roses and other hard rock bands are 'Heavy Metal'. Wearing T-shirt with snakes and dragons symbolise evil. Having one drink makes you drunk and not only drunk but an alchoholic instantaneously. Whiskey and similar drinks were never meant to be made. Final Fantasy promotes witchcraft, the occult and evil as does Lord of the Rings. Anything that has the word Darkness, Evil and similar in their title instantly makes it to do with the occult and, as such, will corrupt my mind. Anything with dragons in it is do to with the occult. Martial arts is to do with the occult. So I would say no, they don't know better.

Whoa...ouch. Glad I don't have parents like that...

And Jer, the "fucking or children" statement was really just sarcasm for the mood I was in at the time, albeit not the most recognizable sarcasm in text form, my apologies. I heard that the meaning of life was "to fuck" in an interview somewhere online, and just felt like tossing it into the conversation haphazardly.

But in all reality - sure, there could be no meaning to life. But thing is, I'd been struggling with that new concept, because I grew up thinking that there's a point to all of this. Now my atheist friends throw this new concept at me: "I believe that life is just about being as happy as you can, as long as you can."

Umm...k?

Maybe that will satisfy other non-religious people, and the 100% believers in God have their religion as a crutch, but I am struggling with my beliefs, and I...don't...really...WANT to live just for happiness. That's totally lame! "Oh man, I'm gonna live for those occasional highs I can attain, therefore the only meaning of life is chasing away the bad feelings until my inevitable demise." Plus with that ideology there's no real way to "win" or to even be "winning." Bad thoughts will come eventually, especially if you're unfortunate enough to outlive many of your loved ones. So with a manner of thinking like that, why bother?

So I've recently attained a new purpose. I'm becoming one of those "always bettering yourself" types of people. That way I'll just keep improving things I want to improve on and chase fulfillment by making the most of life. So far for me this involves: going for my music major, getting better at guitar, learning a new language, traveling more, playing almost no video games (cry :( ), reading more, taking classes that perfect social skills (marketing classes? public speaking? another interpersonal comm class? whatev), learning to fight, going for a career I enjoy, marrying an attractive and intelligent woman, and who knows what else. I'm not sure what doing all of this will accomplish (besides making me dirt poor), but I really want to do it all, so we'll see how it goes.

I probably won't want to have kids until most of that shit is done. But after that, definitely having kids. Cuz then we can take family vacations every two years together! Yay for future plans!
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:41 am

Did you just put win and life in the same sentence?
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:33 pm

MusashiEX wrote:Did you just put win and life in the same sentence?

No, he didn't...
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:06 pm

...Yeah, I'm a moron.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:16 am

I've managed to narrow my purpose in life to: -
a)To become a music teacher
b)To become a musician
c)Both

Glenn47 wrote:Whoa...ouch. Glad I don't have parents like that...

Yeah. What's funny is that they're not even that religious when it comes to stuff actually in the bible. It is mostly my dad though. My mum just thinks 'swearing' is bad and answering back when they're clearly in the wrong is being rude.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:35 am

MusashiEX wrote:...Yeah, I'm a moron.

Really? Because I confused you with a Nobel Prize winning Chemist...
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:16 pm

2H2+O2=2H2O?
Last edited by MusashiEX on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Sling wrote:My mum just thinks 'swearing' is bad

I'm quite curious about everybody's thoughts on swearing. I am of the opinion that making certain words taboo is just plain retarded, they're just more impolite versions of other words. The same goes for being politically correct, just because fatasses take offense at the word fatass and the correct term is overweight or obese (I forget which) it doesn't change the fact they have fat asses and they are most likely sensitive about their weight. If you call them obese, you're still calling them fat.

I have a friend who, presumably due to his upbringing (his parents are the same), absolutely despises swearing and will actively have a rant at you if you swear around him too much, even if it's not directed towards him. Obviously he didn't think it through too much because he didn't realize that admitting that fact caused us (my badass posse) to direct most of our "potty mouth" in his direction.

Not to say that swearing shouldn't be overused, because like they say in that South Park episode, it loses it's humor and impact when used too much. But still, it's only words damn it.

You cunt faces...
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I'd rather not hear swearing constantly. I don't really care if it's once in a while, but some people just curse for the heck of it. Also, there's always someone who'll yell at the person who swore. I'd rather not have that either.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall