Super-hawt fuckbuddy or beautiful girlfriend?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Super-hawt fuckbuddy or beautiful girlfriend?

Super-hawt fuckbuddy
24%
Beautiful girlfriend
76%

Total votes : 21

Re: Super-hawt fuckbuddy or beautiful girlfriend?

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 am

Swear words are just words with a harder impact, without their usage English is a very flat language.

Honestly, why do you prefer hearing "you bloody imbecile! babbling buffoon!" instead of "fucking retard"?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby War » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:51 am

I have always believed the meaning of life was life itself. Whether or not to believe in a higher being is something that every person goes through, its not like anyone here is the first people to think about it. So in my own conclusion, I have come up with that when we die we become are own god and get to build are own world. Is that idea wrong? Well does it matter if its wrong?
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:57 am

War wrote:I have always believed the meaning of life was life itself. Whether or not to believe in a higher being is something that every person goes through, its not like anyone here is the first people to think about it. So in my own conclusion, I have come up with that when we die we become are own god and get to build are own world. Is that idea wrong? Well does it matter if its wrong?

Yes, it is wrong. I used to think along similar lines and I was pretty happy with it for about 10 years. Then one night I took to thinking and I realized it's just another coping strategy and you're wrong..."dead" wrong...
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 am

The only philosophy on death that matters is:

Don't.

Although in the case of most of you guys, it should be amended to:

Do.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:
War wrote:I have always believed the meaning of life was life itself. Whether or not to believe in a higher being is something that every person goes through, its not like anyone here is the first people to think about it. So in my own conclusion, I have come up with that when we die we become are own god and get to build are own world. Is that idea wrong? Well does it matter if its wrong?

Yes, it is wrong. I used to think along similar lines and I was pretty happy with it for about 10 years. Then one night I took to thinking and I realized it's just another coping strategy and you're wrong..."dead" wrong...

Then what's your opinion on the matter? Everything is a coping strategy. Unless we all get Jesus powers and come back to life a few days after we die, it's impossible to prove what really happens.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby War » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:02 am

Coping strategy for what? That life is a big lie and we are all really ants and when we die nothing happens? That to unscientific for my taste, but in general you missed the whole point by more then a fucking mile.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:56 am

Unfortunately I used to think like that too. I say unfortunately because once I became less of a gamer I rethought about that idea and said "Wow...basically I was hoping that after death I can just play a video game. Sad."

There aren't many "scientific" approaches to the afterlife. The only I can think of is that fact that when a person dies there's a very tiny amount of matter that they cannot account for during post-mortem (sp?) analysis. Something is missing after death, every time. And there's a theory that the matter that's missing may be the "soul" that left the body. But either way, that's still not exactly a scientific approach on the "afterlife."

But let's be a bit realistic here. There's NO evidence of ANY kind that says when you die for some reason you are given Godly powers to control your own world as you please. I don't judge many beliefs, but I feel bad for people whose beliefs are just completely made up, on their own, by themselves, based on nothing.

Now if you would still like to stick to that belief, the easiest way for it to become socially acceptable would be to stick to that almost-real belief of "everyone gets there own version of heaven based on what they enjoyed in life." By all means, with that belief you could say "Mine's gonna be a video game I never get bored of, and God will give me control of my own little world." There you go War. :)
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby War » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:18 am

The point of the whole thing was not what the after life was, it was the fact that it doesn't matter because you don't know and can't know, so it can be anything for all we know. The whole idea was for it to be outlandish, kind of like believing in the fling spaghetti monster.
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 am

Fitz Tayo wrote:But still, it's only words damn it.

Yeah think of how versatile the word 'fuck' is.
    To suggest direction: Fuck off.
    To show agression: Fuck you.
    To show fear: Let's the get the fuck out of here!
    To show you are lost: Where the fuck am I?
    To express mild surprise: Oh, fuck me.
    To show despair: I'm fucked now.
    To show you are resigned to a situation: Fuck it.
    To decline an activity: Fuck that.
    To express desire: I'd like to fuck them
    To exclaim: Ah, fuck!
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:08 am

Those tiny matter tests are flawed. I assume that if we did the tests again with modern lab equipment, we'd get slight decreases and increases in mass.

It's really all wishful thinking. I'll accept without question that we don't know what will happen when we die, but I can assure you that all the silly fairy tale beliefs that are prevalent in society are just dead wrong. For one, there's no way everyone can be right. You might like to think that people will just get what religion they believe, but what can you say about infants and the mentally handicapped that are unable to think for themselves? Do you not develop a soul until you have a communicable consciousness? And if we're simply animals with consciousness, do animals get their own heavens and whatnot? If they're not capable of rational thought, how can they even imagine an afterlife? Once you've aged and gotten Alzheimer's, do you go to whatever afterlife you envisioned as a senile and decrepit old person, or do you even go to your afterlife since you aren't able to fathom it anymore with all the holes in your brain?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Glenn47 wrote:There aren't many "scientific" approaches to the afterlife. The only I can think of is that fact that when a person dies there's a very tiny amount of matter that they cannot account for during post-mortem (sp?) analysis. Something is missing after death, every time. And there's a theory that the matter that's missing may be the "soul" that left the body.

I saw an article that said that too. Too bad it was in the Weekly World News.

Or after we die, we could just, y'know, lay there and eventually rot. I imagine it would just be like having a dreamless sleep that never ends. Nothing glamorous or romantic about that, but then again most things in real life aren't. But hey, anybody can think what they want about the afterlife to give themselves to solace. There was some quote from some guy that went like: Once man loses the illusion he is immortal, his life... is fucked up or something, I don't remember. I'm quite dandy with being eaten by worms, but whatever suits you best.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Being self-aware and having a soul aren't neccessarily the same thing.

My theory is that our 'souls', don't exist physically and as such are on a different plane of existence and that the part of our brain which scientists have indentified as the part where our conciousness resides (or some such) is where the 'soul' makes a connection with our physical bodies.

Either way, I am going to tell the truth and just say, I have no idea what's going to happen when we die. I hold to the belief that everyone has a right to believe whatever they want to belief and that people who bash the beliefs of others becuase they conflict with their own are just plain assholes. I guess that's why I'm in a gripe with about 60% of all the Atheists I've ever met.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Man fear death
Man invent distractions
Man stare at their chosen distractions until they die
Man die and cease to exist

Simple, no?

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Glenn47 wrote:There aren't many "scientific" approaches to the afterlife. The only I can think of is that fact that when a person dies there's a very tiny amount of matter that they cannot account for during post-mortem (sp?) analysis. Something is missing after death, every time. And there's a theory that the matter that's missing may be the "soul" that left the body.

I saw an article that said that too. Too bad it was in the Weekly World News.

facepalm.jpg
The weight loss is caused by fluids drying up.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:14 pm

This went from "Super-hawt fuckbuddy" talk to "deep, life philosophy on death" talk. Who else didn't see that coming?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:This went from "Super-hawt fuckbuddy" talk to "deep, life philosophy on death" talk. Who else didn't see that coming?

Proof that women want to kill you and make you depressed.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall