And now for some Electronica

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

And now for some Electronica

Postby Sling » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Hold Your Colour by Pendulum
Not as good as their previous album but still pretty good. 7 out of 10. A few collaborations here and there making it a bit more varied. Okay, so I lied, it's Drum N' Bass, whatchya gonna do? I'd definitely recommend you give it a spin.

Music for an Accelerated Culture by Hadouken!
This band is brilliant. Although you'd have to understand British youth culture to understand the references and find them funny. Also good if you don't mind the lead singer sounding a bit like Matt Lucas off of Little Britain. I personally feel that being named after a street fighter move alone makes them awesome.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Re: And now for some Electronica

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Prodigy - Fat Of The Land.

Need I say more? It doesn't get much better than that.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:10 pm

1. There's much better D'n'B out there than Pendulum.
2. Clearly, Experience Expanded is the superior album. But not if it's not "Expanded".
3. Listen to the following for Electronic awesomeness (not necessarily ElectronicA):

Shpongle: "Tales of the Inexpressible" or "Nothing Lasts" - Psychedelic weirdness, the ultimate marijuana music. It's Eastern woodwind meets West psychedelic electronica/chillout. In particular "Nothing Lasts", it's truly awesome.
Squarepusher: "Feed Me Weird Things" or "Hello Everything" - Bit of Drum 'n' Bass, bit of Electronica, tiny bit of jazz, lots of bass-solos. Good for when wasted.
Thom Yorke: "The Eraser" - Bit mellow and utterly bizarre, vaguely similar to Radiohead. Interesting to listen to basically.
Infected Mushroom: "Converting Vegetarians" - A bit psychedelic, a bit Electronica. Not for everyone.
Aphex Twin: "Almost anything you can find" - Mental, hectic, crazy-ness! If you can watch the music videos, "Rubber Johnny" is a good one.
Venetian Snares: "Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972 - 2006" or "Winter in The Belly of A Snake" - Pretty mental Breakcore/Electronica. Only if you like high-speed Breakbeat and Drum 'n' Bass.
Tipper: "The Seamless Unspeakable Something" or "Tip Hop" - Again, pretty mental Electronica/Drum 'n' Bass/Breakcore.

4. Should probably sample before buying. That way if you buy something you hate, it's not my fault.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:11 am

1. That's not the point.

2. ???

3. I'm talking about releases this year. I guess I should have included The Black Mages here too even if I already mentioned their new album in the metal topic. If you want the best electronic however than look no further than Kraftwerk and Jean-Michel Jarre. Also, Frank Klepacki and Nobuo Uematsu.

4. I always download via p2p before I buy.

On topic, Red Alert 3 is coming out in October and whilst you may thinking this should have a place in the gaming section, which you would be right to suggest, it does hold a place in this topic too. Frank Klepacki has returned to do the soundtrack. All I have to say is Hell March 3!!!!

Also, Nobuo Uematsu has returned to Square to do the FFXIII soundtrack making that 2 game soundtracks I have to download this year.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Hold Your Colour came out ages ago, in 2005.

And number 2 was responding to Jera. Experience Expanded is a re-release of The Prodigy's first album Experience. It's got a second CD with some remixes and b-sides.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:08 am

The internet lied to me.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 pm

The Crystal Method is pretty good, and Autechre isn't too bad. I might also suggest DJ Shadow, preferably the albums Private Press or Entroducing.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall