It's better than nothing.

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

It's better than nothing.

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Given the activity here, and my intentions, I feel justified making this thread.

I am writing this today to inform you of some little bits of trivia.

Holstein didn't glorify himself yesterday, but I'm not surprised because he's here less than me, but yesterday was his birthday.

More importantly, it was mine as well. Here's where I make melodramatic demands for gifts from you all, so I'll skip that bit. What I find interesting is I'm 20 as of yesterday. What the fuck am I supposed to do now? Am I just "r0cker"? Fuck, does that mean I'm a fucking chair or what? This is some goddamned troubling information. This would have occurred to me yesterday, but I was busy being high or somewhere between buzzed and drunk all day(I don't cross-fade so I switched after I cleared up a bit), but now that it's passed, serious business time is now! It's also post 3000, but that was just a nice bonus...

Anyway, do I retire from posting here? Do I say "Last post ever" then return to talk about my upcoming game? Or do I boldly proclaim I am here to stay for good, like a silly rash? I can tell you that I'm not going to waste my life idle in the IRC channel, so relax Strayed. Thing is I'm just too damn busy with school and gaming and drugs and friends to obsess over tiny near-dead boards. None of you really need to know this, I could just as easily fade away like other members. I'll check in to see what Lun's done and then log in to comfort War and tell him that 4th Grade's not for everyone every once in a while. None of this is really necessary information, but it felt better than not saying anything to a board I've been fond of for 4 years or so. I think me writing such ridiculous bullshit just for leaving kinda shows my attachment, if you can't tell...It's pretty much a "Thanks and seeya around maybe" rather than a "OMG FUCK THIS SHIT".

Good times... Wheres waldo IRC style, teaching War a valuable lesson in password security through IRC kick commands (and watching him get de-opped was funny too), calling Porter when he was drunk in IRC (best fucking advice ever), asking Jera for Tales of Phantasia Doujinshi not knowing what the fuck 'Doujinshi' was, The Way Release party, spawning a gaming board via one of my digressions, The Cool People Club, trying those Saffron Buns Tele recommended, and learning that every lengthy post I make is a pain in the ass to Strayed and GCM.

So yeah, you all rock in your own ways, some more than others, you know who you are. Thanks for listening and playing along. I enjoyed passing the time with you all.

Cheers.

PS:Reply at your leisure or not, but I won't read it in all likelihood. Bets on when I return will be taken by Fitz in IRC and begin now.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Re: It's better than nothing.

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:48 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:calling Porter when he was drunk in IRC (best fucking advice ever)

Hey I remember that. It inspired me to do the same thing, and I received valuable advice as well.

Teenr0cker wrote:asking Jera for Tales of Phantasia Doujinshi not knowing what the fuck 'Doujinshi' was

I remember that too! Didn't I also send you Tokimeki Check-In! as well? At least I think so... I know I sent to three people.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:33 am

I only have one thing I can say...

TAKE SLING WITH YOU!
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:46 am

I'll be 20, but not for about 4 months and 4 days. Apart from that I can't see anything that links me to Teen in a way that will enable him to "take me with him". Too bad. I'll just be here to slowly rub salt into your many wounds. I wold try to tempt Teen to stay but now I can't be bothered. So you'll just have to settle for some half-arsed reply. Half-arsed becuase I woke up, like 5 minutes ago.

For the record I'm not going to leave until Lun dies.

And now for more important matters. I'm off to replay StarCraft as well as the Final Fantasy and Command&Conquer series'.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Occurrence of Something » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:46 am

k bye
Porter: lets play, truth or dare
Porter: war you first
Porter: truth or dare
WarV: truth???
Porter: ok: the truth:
Porter: YOU SUCK
Porter: HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Porter: HSfjksdfhsadf
WarV: That is not how it works.
Occurrence of Something
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Everybody who was mentioned in that post > Everybody that wasn't mentioned
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Well, then, I suppose that makes me < you. Teen, you're Teen, I don't care what your age is. Leaving some sort of what you deem to be an epic farewell post seems fitting giving your legendary verbosity. But I exhort you to just stick around and lurk. Don't be like Brett Favre and retire just to unretire a couple months later. This is ageless wisdom I'm imparting here, so I hope you appreciate it.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:Everybody who was mentioned in that post > Everybody that wasn't mentioned

Does the sig count?
<_<
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am

Please remain immature enough to stoop to my level

pretty please?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:01 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Fitz Tayo wrote:Everybody who was mentioned in that post > Everybody that wasn't mentioned

Does the sig count?
<_<

Yeah, you're awesome enough to fit in our higher order of being.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Like Brett Favre, he will be back.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 pm

And like Brett Favre, he'll piss everyone off by not staying retired.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 am

Wellsy wrote:And like Brett Favre, he'll piss everyone off by not staying retired.

Oh hello.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:I remember that too! Didn't I also send you Tokimeki Check-In! as well? At least I think so... I know I sent to three people.

Good game... :D Thanks again for that.

Teen, I thought about this back in the day, when IRC was my second-biggest hobby, right in front of Maple Story and right behind masturbation. Actually I'm pretty sure it was on my mind when you first joined. "Why is he TEENr0cker? Why not just r0cker? We don't have any other r0ckers here anyway."

Then I stopped myself because I was getting hypocritical. Glenn...47? The first 46 are WHERE now?
Regardless, I knew the day would come where your Teen would wear off.

You were my favorite. Fer sher-zies. Message us/me every once in a while and let me know what's up in your life!
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:49 am

I'm insulted that I didn't receive a single mention. Insulted! There wouldn't even have been a Teenr0cker without me! I MADE you!

...I'm so sorry, guys. If he leaves, are we even now?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall