Lucky to be alive...

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Lucky to be alive...

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:14 am

Right, so today I was riding to work (I ride a push bike to work). I was quite content riding through the rain, splashing through puddles, the whole thang, then as I was about to ride across a T-Junction an 18-wheeler pulled in and I rode head first into the side of it, giving myself concussion. The bike itself was dragged under the lorry and got completely obliterated, by the time it came out from under the wheels both the pedals were on the same side of the bike and I'm quite sure I heard a gruff voice yell out "FINISHER!!!!" in the middle of it. It was completely destroyed basically. Now if it weren't for the fact my head is surprisingly bouncy and I didn't ricochet of the side of the lorry and get flung of my bike, I would've probably been dragged under about 7 wheels also. Hence, lucky to be alive.

So thoughts, feelings? Any other near death experiences? GO!
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Re: Lucky to be alive...

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:29 am

... shouldn't ride your bike directly into trucks, jackass.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:01 pm

My first thought would be, "Shit, that bike costed money."
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:24 am

My friend was driving to college when he got hit head-on by a 4x4 trying to overtake somebody. Luckily, he survived with a broken arm.

There was also some kid who lived round the block from me who somehow survived falling off and then being crushed by a 10-foot high wall, being hit by a bus and falling from the top of a 3 storey block of flats. Oh yeah, and he also had his back set on fire and was stabbed in the head with some hair clippers.

As for me, I've narrowly avoided encounters with most road vehicles including a fire engine, a van, a various assortment of cars and an ambulance.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:35 am

Hair being on fire doesn't count. I have lost count of how many times my hair's caught on fire. In fact my fringe refuses to grow any longer than a certain point because I keep burning it off when I light whatever I'm smoking.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Are you British type all retards or something?
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:18 pm

No, we're just really fucking unlucky.

And Fitz. It was his BACK not his HAIR.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:13 am

Porter wrote:Are you British type all retards or something?

Sling wrote:No, we're just really fucking unlucky.

Roads have cars on them, and that isn't just when you're unlucky. Fucking look both ways, or rather, don't.

I'm with Porter on this, you're all retards.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:04 am

You're right, I guess it's just too much to expect a car to stop when the traffic light is red, you're on a pedestrian crossing and the pedestrian sign is green. How stupid of me for expecting them to follow the law.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:00 am

To be fair, the majority of people I know in England are dumbasses. I'm just a bit of a klutz compared to some of the idiots out there.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Sling wrote:You're right, I guess it's just too much to expect a car to stop when the traffic light is red, you're on a pedestrian crossing and the pedestrian sign is green. How stupid of me for expecting them to follow the law.

If they're anything like the people we have driving in New York, yeah, that was pretty fucking stupid of you.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:45 am

My friend told me I was stupid for waiting for the cars to stop before crossing a pedestrian crossing because they have to stop by law. I told him it still doesn't stop people, but he didn't believe and the next thing I know we narrowly avoid getting run down by a 4x4. The main problem with drivers today is that too many are old people.

If things are going wrong, it's becuase we're simply not killing enough old people.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:20 am

I guess if people get run over more in Britain it's because we don't have the jaywalking law. We just close our eyes and run across the highway, it's a fun game enjoyed alike by young and old.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:09 am

People get run over more over here because British motorists hate pedestrians, especially cyclists. It's an unwritten law.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:03 pm

Everyone hates cyclists. Fucking douchebags take up two fucking lanes with their silly sunday-morning cycling groups!
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall