Zune

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Zune

Postby tridon777 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:19 am

I've decided to write this topic for 2 reasons.

1. To help any Zune owners on this forum.
2. To make fun of Microsoft in general in that everything they make their is a ton of glitches/problems.

Rating: 1=Minor Annoyance 2=Annoyance 3= Getting there. 4=Attention. 5=Danger!

Problem #1= Zune freezes up randomly when I select songs.
Rating= 2
Fix= Problem with v. 3.0-3.1 reset Zune by holding back button and up on the d-pad.

Problem #2= Zune stops playing in the middle of a list of songs after a song has just ended.
Rating= 1
Fix= Just hit right on the d-pad to go to the next song.

Problem #3= Zune starts playing the first few songs of an album after all the songs on the album have been played.
Rating= 1
Fix= Just select the next album, artist, etc that you were going to listen to.

Ok now to the fun stuff.

Problem #4= Around Jan.1 30gb the "old" versions of the zune would not work. Kept coming up with an error message.
Rating= 3
Fix= Microsoft forgot to account for the leap second with the 30gb zune resulting in your 30gb not working for a few days. Luckily the zune corrects itself somehow and your zune magically works again. :roll:

Problem #5= You drop your zune and it lands hard. :(
Rating= 4
Fix= Usually when you start it up again the backlight flickers on and off rapidly. Cut your energy consumption down to minium and pray to god or diety or to yourself (if atheist) that your hdd or flash memory was not corrupted.

Problem #6 = Your drop your zune and it lands hard in the snow. Water gets into it etc. :shock:
Rating= 5
Fix= Its not going to turn on unless you hook it up to your computer so do that. Then its going to keep going back to the zune logo and rebooting. If you get to your menu set your backlight to high have it always on and run a song and a game to "purge" the battery. Also if you get to the menu and if can play a song you will probably notice that even though the song is playing no sound is coming out. :evil: Then pray again to your god, diety, or yourself that somehow your zune will magically fix itself.

Last and most frustrating.
Problem #7= Your LCD screen cracks down the middle.
Rating= 6 You are screwed. This is the end of your personal music world.
Fix= Actually this wil be the reason why the LCD broke. It broke because your probably left it on the charge all night and it overheated. You are stupid and a fire hazard to all man kind. :wink: Ive only heard of this happening to the 30gb Zune, but my 8gb has overheated a few times.

If the LCD broke just go out and buy a generic MP3 player. Forget Microsoft. lol
tridon777
Plyn

Re: Zune

Postby Sling » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 pm

I just got a Samsung mp3 player. Screw Microsoft and screw Apple.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:34 pm

The shuffle I got for free died last week, couldn't revive it. I bought a Creative Zen Stone to replace it, no official complaints about it. The Creative Media Lite software is a hell of a lot nicer than iTunes, but then again, so is a bleeding penile sore.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:50 pm

I don't see how dropping a Zune is Microsoft's fault...
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before at some point, but its appropriate:
http://hideapod.com/
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I know I've posted this before, but meh, I guess it is sort of relevant.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby tridon777 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:38 pm

:o Nice if its real how much does it cost? :lol:
tridon777
Plyn

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:10 am

It has a blade but no FM radio... I'm gonna give this one a miss
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall