The Word of God

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Word of God

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon May 25, 2009 11:31 am

I think congratulations are in order for a job well done on that interview with Play Magazine.
It does present one serious question though: You can fill a five page interview, but you have under 150 posts? Bastard. Next I'll find out that Verb does lectures on String Theory.

Anyway, cheers Lun.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Re: The Word of God

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Awesome interview. Hats off to Lun, yet again. Everything in that interview really resonated with me. It's nice to see good part of the RPG maker community being represented in the outside world, and a damn fine thing that they chose the best possible representative.

Anyone who has finished Episode 6 and is still confused should definitely pay a visit to the Post-Episode 6 Discussion message board

There. Even if I didn't have a reason for not merging them before, this illustrates why I should keep them separate. They're for discussing different things. Estrana is for more technical discussion, and Post E6 is for theories and reflections. Of course I could just rename it, but that's asinine.

Strayed Wanderer wrote:It does present one serious question though: You can fill a five page interview, but you have under 150 posts?

Lun, did the one guy ever email you about continuing the French translation of The Way? Here's something: He PMed me on the forums first asking for permission, thinking I was the real creator of The Way because he was confused by your low number of posts.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby War » Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 pm

I once also had a guy PM me thinking I was the maker of The Way and asking about some weird joint RPG project. Told him I wasn't and he never PMed me back.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 am

War wrote:I once also had a guy PM me thinking I was the maker of The Way and asking about some weird joint RPG project. Told him I wasn't and he never PMed me back.

That happened to me on a weekly basis back when E6 came out.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue May 26, 2009 9:44 am

It all makes sense now. We exist to distract Lun's enemies from him. We have a purpose!
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed May 27, 2009 5:44 pm

There was a topic on The Way a while back on the gfaqs rm2k board and I made some comment on it, can't even remember what it was now, but it convinced a bunch of people I was Lun.

But yeah, cool interview. And I want to see this second story Lun wrote.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat May 30, 2009 5:37 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:And I want to see this second story Lun wrote.

Damn right. I would pay quite a few shiny golds to see it.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat May 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Excellent interview, Lun. You showed yourself to be humble, articulate, and introspective, and it's a good piece of work.

One quick question: after all the bitching last time around, would this interview be enough of a "reference" for Wikipedia to finally accept an article on "The Way"?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Wellsy wrote:One quick question: after all the bitching last time around, would this interview be enough of a "reference" for Wikipedia to finally accept an article on "The Way"?

It better be. Then again, it is Wikipedia, so I'm not sure if I care. Although, they did block the Co$ from editing pages, which earns plus points in my book so I'm not sure what to think anymore.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Malefact » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Sling wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:And I want to see this second story Lun wrote.

Damn right. I would pay quite a few shiny golds to see it.

Thirded!

The interview was a really interesting read. Really glad Lun did it.
Malefact
Plyn

Postby Matt Hakor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:23 am

Kudos man. I really enjoyed reading the interview. I hope that the novel you mentioned sees the light of day.
"If you will it, it is not a dream." Theodor Herzel
Matt Hakor
Plyn

Return to The Scratch Wall