Hello New guy here please check out my The Way fan art.^-^

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Hello New guy here please check out my The Way fan art.^-^

Postby SirREAL » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 pm

I sent this as an e-mail to Lun for the fan art section not sure if it reached him though..
so I thought I'd post it up here for your viewing hope you enjoy^-^!
Image 8)
SirREAL
Wanderer

Re: Hello New guy here please check out my The Way fan art.^-^

Postby Wellsy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Not bad! Post some more stuff if you've got it.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 am

Great work, the Phantom Slasher looks very familiar...
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:55 pm

the phantom slasher looks a little too happy to me, but other than that its awesome. I especially like Rhue's armor.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Nice work. Whether it was inspired by Rangi's art or not, I love how Traziun is packing a katana these days. He's just that badass.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby SirREAL » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Thank you very much for the compliments..I'll try to post up some more art if I get the chance.^-^
lol my life gets kinda hectic sometimes and right now my comps down so I'm using my parents comp.

Heh I was kinda going for the psychotic warped smile look for the phantom slasher, lol next time I'll draw him I'll draw him without the smile.

lol a katana just seems to suit so well to Traziuns persona. lol and yes this is partly because of seeing Rangi's drawing of him. hmmm the phantom slasher looks familar? You got me curious did someone else draw a simular looking shadowlike figure?
SirREAL
Wanderer

Postby Exiled » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

Wow man that looks nice :D
Rhue's sword is as skinny as a rapier, but can still hack the shit outta limbs :wink:
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Now that you mention it, I think both of the swords need to be a little wider. I'm not sure about the grin on the phantom slasher, we're never really given a description of his expression in the game. Is he maniacal? or is he just some silent killer? I'm betting he is more expressionless, but I like the grin.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 am

Of course. Both swords need to be wider, Rhue's blade especially looks tiny from this view. They don't dance with those things, they kill people. The Phantom Slasher is weird, possibly psychotic, but it's not the Joker. And while Rhue is a pretty blank slate, he's definitely not the noble/innocent hero portrayed there. By any account he's a bit of a cold bastard if anything.

I'm not saying I'd be able to do better, but if I looked at that I wouldn't expect a game like The Way. It's too.. soft, childish even.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Exiled » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:32 am

So SirReal did you use a mouse to draw this or a tablet. I've been wanting to draw some newer fan art for awhile, (since my others suck lol) but I lost my tablet's pen so doing this with my mouse would prolly piss me off. :lol:
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby SirREAL » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Actually I used Intuos3 tablet and GIMP program has a decent Ink and paint tool I can draw with a mouse but it takes abit longer. When using mouse I'd use stroke path and do each part seperately. It is possible to get decent artwork with a mouse lol but I have to admidt I love my tablet. Wow that sucks loosing your tablet pen.. :cry: .
By the way love your drawings *pesky bugs whack* :lol: lol who knew Lyrra could be so strong.
SirREAL
Wanderer

Postby Exiled » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 am

SirREAL wrote:By the way love your drawings *pesky bugs whack* :lol: lol who knew Lyrra could be so strong.

Thanks :oops: I must of drawn those five, maybe six years ago. I'm ordering a new pen so I might draw something new soon. Or I'll finish my Flash :P (most likely not...).
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Return to The Scratch Wall