Happy New Year's

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Happy New Year's

Postby Wellsy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Here's hoping all you bastards have a fantastic New Year's celebration or whatever you're doing. If you have any predictions for 2010 give them here.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Re: Happy New Year's

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 pm

I am high, right now. My prediction is that I will be developing a bad habit even further than previously.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:30 am

My prediction is that the world ends two years early just to make those 2012'ers look like pricks. Well, not really, but it would be funny... in a wierd ironic post-modern kind of way.

Either way, I'm hoping to get into Uni this year. I've managed to stave it off by staying at college an additional three years to do music. I want to do this course. I'm debating whether or not I should actually learn to drive this year, because insurance etc. often costs more than the car itself. I suppose I could get a motor bike, but I can't exactly transport guitars and amps on a bike. In other news, I found the guitar and amp of my dreams... except they cost a combined £2326.24

Schecter Hellraiser C-8
http://www.guitar.co.uk/schecter/2970-s ... ric_guitar

Blackstar Artisan 30
http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/info_00062896.html

Also, Lun has MySpace: -
http://www.myspace.com/luncalsari
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Sling wrote:I'm debating whether or not I should actually learn to drive this year, because insurance etc. often costs more than the car itself. I suppose I could get a motor bike, but I can't exactly transport guitars and amps on a bike.

Same issue here. A bike requires shorter timespan and cost to get on the road legally, but the street cred for having a bike really doesn't make up for lack of space + the fact that you need a drivers license to get into apprenticeship's (and a lot of other jobs). On the other hand, there's nobody with a license I can throw in the car with me to get my hours up and fuck spending $3000+ on lessons. Australia's road rules suck.

I predict this year being much like the last, by this time next year if you ask how it was my reply will be "Eh, nothing special", but if you systematically forced yourself to remember everything you did, the actual events and achievements rather than how you 'feel' about the year in general, odds are a lot of shit actually happened.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:46 am

i bet you could tell what i was predicting at the new years party i went to. I was giving away all my bottlecaps and was telling people to keep them because they'll be the worlds tender one day.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 am

I suppose I could relate the tale of how I had to spend over an hour walking to a gig I had to play at some shitty pub, becuase the bus driver misinformed me. The fun thing being, some cunt from my course who I absolutely loathe was on that same bus and ended up walked with me.

So, as part of my music course, we have to play gigs at this really shitty pub called The Tap. It doesn't really help that this pub is in Sandown (the bus services to and from there are really infrequent). I finish for the day, but have a few hours until I need to be there, so I decide to get the number 3 bus as it goes the long long LONG way (it goes through two other towns and takes about an hour to get to Sandown). Of course, as aforementioned, someone from my course whom I cannot stand to be in the same room as gets on the same bus. Luckily he didn't say anything on the bus. However, when the bus gets to Shanklin, the bus driver tells me that the bus doesn't go near where we need to go and tells me to quickly get off the bus and get on the number 2 bus which is just ahead (they both stop for awhile in Shanklin for some reason). Shitface follows me. As I am walking towards the other bus, it speeds off and then the other bus drives off, leaving me stranded with someone who looks like Colonel Herzog from Dead Snow and is such an insecure loser that they feel it neccessary to psychologically project every single fault and failing of their's onto anyone they come across. This is someone with no friends, who is really sloppy at playing guitar, who never practices anything, who is really unhealthy and unhygienic and everybody hates him. I could probably write a good paragraph or two and just how big of a loser this kid is. Also, he constantly brags the fact he has a girlfriend (as if this somehow magically negates all of his shortcomings), despite the fact she is ugly and he has admitted that he never gets any sex. Either way, so I'm stuck with this loser, and the next bus isn't for another fucking hour, so I have to walk, with this cunt trailing behind me, constantly complaining about the cold and that he is exhausted. Hilarity ensued when I kept mistaking where we were becuase a) it was dark and b) everything on the Isle of Wight looks the fucking same. After about an hour, I got the both of us to Sandown, only to see a bus with a load of my fellow college students on go whizzing past (it wasn't coming from Shanklin though). After about 10 or so minutes wandering though Sandown, I found the pub in question. Upon reaching the pub, the first two people I saw was some guy who was bi and some guy who is quite clearly gay (yet frequently denies it). That was the only time I have ever been glad to see two gays in my life.

There are probably a number of other hilarious (mis)adventures of mine I could relate too, but I can;t be bothered to remember them, let alone type them up in a word format.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Occurrence of Something » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:26 am

I predict I'm going to leave again after this post
Porter: lets play, truth or dare
Porter: war you first
Porter: truth or dare
WarV: truth???
Porter: ok: the truth:
Porter: YOU SUCK
Porter: HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Porter: HSfjksdfhsadf
WarV: That is not how it works.
Occurrence of Something
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:42 am

Occurrence of Something wrote:I predict I'm going to leave again after this post

Why leave, when I can relay yet more hilarious, yet ultimately trivial and meaningless, tales for your entertainment? I haven't even got round to the story where was I nearly abducted... well, I assume it was an attempted abduction, unless of course it was a really half-arsed drive-by that just failed really spectacularly. It's hard to say for certain, but that's another story for another time.

Then there is the time I drank an entire bottle of Sambuca at my mate's 21st, whereupon I was so drunk that I couldn't walk yet somehow managed to climb upstairs, puke violently in the toilet and then pass out, only to awaken the next day in a completely different room on a sofa bed. Surprisingly I had some pretty deep and philosophical discussions that night. Then there was my 21st birthday, where me a and a group of my friends got drunk on rum whilst playing Halo 3 and smoking Cuban cigars, then proceeding to have an argument with some people in a different street from my back garden. Another good time, was the other week when I was playing GTA IV round my neighbour's house, smoking some more Cuban cigars and drinking Black Russian's.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:56 am

Another " 'hilarious', yet ultimately trivial and meaningless, tale for my 'entertainment' " like that and I think I'm going to leave too.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sling » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Another " 'hilarious', yet ultimately trivial and meaningless, tale for my 'entertainment' " like that and I think I'm going to leave too.

Don't make me divulge an account of every single misadventure I've had in the past decade.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

I think the toast I made by myself at midnight says all you need to know about my predictions for 2010... goes something like this:

"To one more year, and only one more year. Let it burn, let it bleed, let it hurt like fucking hell."

So... it better be fun, because I don't really feel like wasting more time.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 am

Britain has just been hit by a snow storm. Where I live, the roads completely iced over in less than an hour. On the bus back from college, the bus hit a motorcyclist who slid into the path of the bus, so we had to wait around for the medics to arrive and for the police to move the motorbike. After about an hour, we were moving again, but it took us an hour just to travel 2-3 miles. So, a bunch of people on my course and I just got off the bus and walked the remaining 5 miles back to our town. The roads had beomce so icy that vehicles trying to go up hills ended up going backwards and vehicles going down them either kept sliding into the side of the road or spinning out of control and crashing into ditches. We stopped to help two such cars along the way. By the time I got home I looked like a walking snowman, I was caked with that much snow. Needless to say, college was cancelled today... and probably will be tomorrow as well. Apparently, this snow is meant to keep up for the 10 days, which begs the question, "Why don't we have snow ploughs etc.?"
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

That had nothing to do with either the New Year, predictions, or anything of general relevance to humanity.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Wellsy wrote:That had nothing to do with either the New Year

Yeah. A snow storm that occured during the first week of the new year has nothing to do with the new year. Make sense I guess. :roll:
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 am

i've never seen snow in my life.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall