Chain Fan Fiction--JOIN IN!

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:05 pm

Out of story: Sweet flaming lands... This is just getting really annoying. It's not funny. We're just trying to have a little fun. You don't have to come in and ruin for those of us who do enjoy this. You wanna make up your own sick, twisted chain-story, go do it in another thread. I'm really getting sick of people doing things like this.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Porter » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:17 pm

I swear I have no machine gun!!!
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:29 pm

Geez....sorry.....I was just messing around......
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:39 pm

It's OK. It was just kinda getting on my nerves. But thanks for apologizing.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:02 pm

Now I feel a little sorry for exploding. So, I'm sorry too. But I'd really appreciate it if you didn't mess around in forums like this one.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:04 am

OOS: Continue putting entries into the story..... I will probably start a new thread, copy and pasting all of the seriously fiction entries to the new thread. Just keep posting up entries, and I'll do the rest.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Postby War » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:05 am

(the roleplaying on #theway mIRC channel is better.)
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby BustermanZero » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:33 am

OOS: Sigh...it's becoming harder and harder to have a serious thread on this forum...which is a bad thing.

I got the OOS idea from the old OOC bit from RPs. Out of Character, you know?

IS:
The man sat in his chair, staring out at the settlement beyond his window. Uratha, it was called. The man had no idea how the name had come to be, but had little time to concern himself with such matters. What mattered was a precious relic had been stolen from his collection and the men he'd sent out hadn't sent any messages yet.

Then man sighed and turned his chair back to his desk. On it sat the brother weapon of the one that had been stolen, only it was slightly shorter and a bit more curved. The craftsmanship rivalled that of any other blade that you could find on The Way. Stories told that the two weapons rivalled even the Illuminati and Shadow Swords.

Knowing of the Seru he could get for the pair, the man grew angry once again. However, he felt a superior smile cross his face. "Well, dear brother Jacob," the man muttered. "You may think yourself cleaver to have stolen my prize, but are you clever enough to avoid a Shadowfoot, Blood Lyn, and even Head-hunters?!"
Don't lower yourself to petty insults that make no sense. That only leads to a weak Communist system which soon crumbles into a Dictatorship.
BustermanZero
Plyn

Postby Excell » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:44 pm

HumanBean17 wrote:Now I feel a little sorry for exploding. So, I'm sorry too. But I'd really appreciate it if you didn't mess around in forums like this one.

No problem man. Sorry for bothering you.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby allmityhomo666 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:17 pm

grope hug!!!!!!!! :lol: :shock:
allmityhomo666

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:16 pm

Grope hug? You're going to be groping people while hugging them? Sick bastard. :roll:

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:36 pm

OOS: Yep, that new thread idea is sounding good right now. And, BZ, I know about the OOC and IC idea. My son Jade plays online RPs, especially http://www.mhfd.net/mhcr (which is Maverick Hunter: Final Destiny-Chaos Reborn). Also...War, I know that RPing is much better and more involving than a chain-fiction, but until the #theway RP becomes active again, you should settle with this. Join in. I'm not stopping you. But please be serious about it, and be considerate about the character storylines and writers themselves. That's all I have to say.

IS:

Rebeard was glad that they had finally stopped for rest in a cave. Taz had driven him to his breaking point, jabbing at and striking him whenever he wasn't going the "appropriate speed".
Taz stood at the mouth of the cavern. He wanted to stop any attempt the prisoner made to escape. Rebeard shook his head. Taz worried too much. Rebeard had neither the strength nor the courage to stand up against a Shadow Foot in the current state he was in. And even if Rebeard DID get away from Taz, where could he go? Rebeard had no knowledge of this mountain range. He would end up lost, dying from starvation.
Rebeard drifted into a light sleep. Taz had told him that they would stay there for two hours maximum. It had already been at least half an hour. Rebeard was going to need every bit of energy he could manage. His eyelids drifted upon his sight.

-----------

Tarick looked out into the forest that surrounded him and his company of wanderers. They were hoping to settle in nearby Fort Majiro, built to protect the inhabitants from attacks from any unhuman-creatures. Tarick's father, Rodin, sat at the front of the wagon, driving the two mules that pulled the wagon along. Tarick's cousin, Yupher, sat behind him, eating. Tarick was in the back of the small wooden wagon, looking at the scenery.
Along with this wagon, two guards were set in both the front and back of the wagon. In front, Ether and Qwiss held spears and blades. In back, Frash and Orie held bows and hand-axes. Tarick felt protected by the men. Frash and Qwiss were friends of Rodin, while Ether and Frash were hired guards. Two other wagon-groups had come along with Rodin's wagon, but they had headed off in the directions of either Merrick or Uratha.
Tarick looked out into the forest. He saw a man, standing there by the tree-line.

"Dad!" Tarick yelled, too afraid to move.

Rodin quickly stopped the wagon, and the guards halted in place. Orie drew his bow, setting an arrow in it's place on the weapon. Pulling the string back, he harshly asked: "Name?"
The stranger lifted up his hands, stepping into the light of the path.

"Name's Jacob," the stranger replied, slowly putting hands down.

Orie looked this 'Jacob' over. Suddenly, Orie gasped, seeing the crest that was set into Jacob's breastplate.

Could this young wanderer be one as well?Orie silently asked himself.

Orie nodded, and Rodin stepped down from his place at the head of the wagon. Approaching Jacob, Rodin stretched out a friendly hand.

"Hallo, Jacob," Tarick's father said. "Mi name's Rodin. I'm head of this wagon. What brings you to these parts?"

Jacob accepted the outstretch palm, shaking Rodin's hand merrily. He had to get out of this forest before the assassin found him.

"Um..." Jacob stuttered, "I..I'd like to join your wagon-partnership. I'm..on m..my way to Fort Majiro."

Jacob then cleared his throat, and he became comfortable with speaking. Jacob reached into his pocket, pulling out a small brown bag. He threw it to Rodin, who then opened it. Rodin gasped at the sight of the objects that lay idle within the miniature packet. Golden seru coins. 12 to be exact.
Rodin looked up at Jacob, who returned him with a nod. Rodin quickly shoved the bag into his pant pocket, and stepped back onto the wagon front.

"Jump aboard, young Jacob," he called to the wanderer.

Jacob smiled, realizing that he was now safer within the wagon than he had been within the forest boundaries. Mildly jumping into the back of the wagon, Jacob set his pack down onto the floor of the wagon beside Tarick. No one even noticed that he had possession of the great Samurai sword Lakis.

------------

Hemmer and Colt, both Blood Lyn, looked down at the bodies of Dell and Asder. Rebeard would pay for killing his captors.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:53 pm

IS:
Rebeard stared at the ground with a distasteful look. Being alone would have been better than being with Taz.

The shadowfoot observed out of the cave at the pouring rain. The weather made no difference to him; the livelyhood of his prey did. As much as he resented it, Rebeard was of much greater use to the Vigilante aive; much more than Rebeard himself knew. Taz pulled out a crusty corner of bread from his knapsack. He threw it to the ground before Rebeard.

"Eat." he commanded.

Rebeard stared with half astonishment, half disgust. He could see the wet clay soaking into the bread. Quavering with resentment, he stuffed the whole piece into his mouth. It couldn't have tasted worse. He held back the urge to vomit.

Taz seemed to not even breathe as he watched with Eagle eyes out of the cave, spying even the slightest movement in the trees. This was what he was trained to do. The sound of footsteps instantly brought Taz's hand to the hilt of his sword. He attuned his senses, and determined the origin of the sound.

A man, perhaps in his late twenties, or early thirties strolled infront of the cave. He was dressed in a somewhat expensive silver silk tunic, and a purplish cape was wrapped around his neck. His hair was a glimmering silver, slightly long, and drawn into a ponytail that extended a bit past his shoulders.

"Hello." The man said perfectly calmly.

"State your name and business." Taz replied, keeping his sword to the man's neck.

"I am Zent. Lord Zent to be precise." he replied still in a calm voice.

"I've never heard of you." Taz remarked disrespectfully.

"Ah, well... I shun publicity. I'm closest to what you would call an archiologist. I was up in these moutains looking for runes. You know, carvings?"

Taz continued his glare. "Get lost. This is no place for you."

"But you see, I was about to search this cave..." Zent answered.

"Too bad. Leave or die." Taz replied, trying to seem as imposing as he could.

"Ah... but you see...", Zent began. He had a polite smile on his face, yet it came off as slightly unnerving to Taz, "I must do my research."

Even the hardened Taz began to buckle under the unnerving smile. "Fine... but be quick with it.", he said, stepping aside.

Zent walked through, and bowed to Rebeard. "Good day sir." he addressed quickly. He continued to down the cave.

OOS:
That's all I can muster for now. Don't do anything drastic, like kill off Zent or anything.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby HumanBean17 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:41 pm

IS:

Taz stared at Zent intently as he pulled out a small brown leather covered book and began examining the cave walls. Zent moved slowly down the cave, scaning the walls as he went. Taz followed silently, keeping both Zent and Rebeard in his sight. When Zent was too far down the cave, Taz turned to Rebeard. "Stay!" he barked.

Should I? Rebeard pondered as an escape route was opened to him. Nah... I better not...

The cave twisted around and came to a dead end after only about another 20 meters. "Hurry it up," Taz ordered. Zent said nothing. "This cave is not that deep... It has no runes."

As if talking to himself, Zent finally muttered, "Just as I suspected." He continued murmering things like, "I wonder if..." "Very interesting..." and "Could it be?" as Taz drew his sword and pointed it to Zent's back.

"Times up."

Zent turned to Taz. "Well, thank you for your time. My suspecions were correct." He put the book away, and began to walk off. Taz followed. They got back to where Rebeard sat. Zent stopped and turned to Taz. A scroll fell out from his cape quietly at Rebeard's feet. Rebeard quickly stuffed into his pocket... He couldn't help but be suspecious. "I would suggest that you find somewhere else to stay tonight," Zent added with a twinkle in his eye. He twirled around quickly and marched out.

"Lands," said Taz. "What a moron..."
"If you mean that I'm not quite like most wanderers, then you're absolutely correct."
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:44 pm

Heh. I can imagine you guys in public. You might stub your toe on a rock and be like "Lands!!!! Flaming Lands!!!! Burn THIS ROCK!!!!!" heh. losers.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall