Looking for an RPG Maker 2000 savegame editor

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Looking for an RPG Maker 2000 savegame editor

Postby blargblargson » Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 am

The title says it all, really. I'm trying to find a program that I can use to manipulate .LSD files for RPG Maker 2000. Google isn't really helping me; the best I could do was to find some weird program that's written mostly in Japanese that I can only use to increase the amount of gold I'm carrying, which is nice, but not very versatile. Does anyone here know of something that might help?
blargblargson
Wanderer

Re: Looking for an RPG Maker 2000 savegame editor

Postby Ghoti » Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 am

Don't be a cheater, dude
Ghoti
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 am

I don't know of any save game editors, the best I can think of is to open the appropriate game in rm2k, add some even that changes whatever you need changed, start the game and activate it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby blargblargson » Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Ghoti wrote:Don't be a cheater, dude
Have you never once in your life found a problem in an RPG, a glitch or a quirk, some arbitrary thing that you might not know about even if you were using an online walkthrough, that screwed you over in some way and wasted hours of your playing time? If not, then please don't tell me what is or is not appropriate to do with my saved games. If yes, then console yourself with the knowledge that I don't bring my impatience and irritation with me to competitive play.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I don't know of any save game editors, the best I can think of is to open the appropriate game in rm2k, add some even that changes whatever you need changed, start the game and activate it.
I tried that, actually. RPG Maker 2000 won't work on my computer; something about my Vista software and graphics drivers make it impossible to install and run.

EDIT: Well, I feel foolish. After messing around with the executable file a bit more, I got it to work. I can mess with the game now... Albeit in a half-assed, clueless sort of way...
blargblargson
Wanderer

Postby War » Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 pm

blargblargson wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:I don't know of any save game editors, the best I can think of is to open the appropriate game in rm2k, add some even that changes whatever you need changed, start the game and activate it.
I tried that, actually. RPG Maker 2000 won't work on my computer; something about my Vista software and graphics drivers make it impossible to install and run.

EDIT: Well, I feel foolish. After messing around with the executable file a bit more, I got it to work. I can mess with the game now... Albeit in a half-assed, clueless sort of way...

Yeah I was about to say(a week late is totally about) that if you can't run rm2k, then how are you playing an rm2k game?
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Return to The Scratch Wall