Times, how they change...

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Times, how they change...

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Soooooo...

After many years. The crestfallen few live on! As such I thought it'd be worthwhile to catch up on what everybody's doing. People moving on with their lives and all that.

Either way, personally, I'm working full-time as an Electronic Tester and studying Mandarin at nights. Anybody else?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Re: Times, how they change...

Postby Exiled » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 am

I was out of school for a long time, working odd jobs to get by. Now I'm back full throttle ready to do it all over again. :mrgreen:
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Otaku No Anime » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:08 pm

I've been getting through college alright. It's a shame it's not very much like how the media portrays it, but I kind of expected that. Though it might also be because since I have family living nearby, I don't have to live in a separate dorm or apartment. XP
Otaku No Anime
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:13 am

Fitz Tayo wrote:After many years. The crestfallen few live on!

We put the 'few' in 'The Crestfallen Few'!

So yeah I graduated, straddling that line between 'college graduate' and 'unemployed'.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Fitz Tayo wrote:After many years. The crestfallen few live on!

We put the 'few' in 'The Crestfallen Few'!

So yeah I graduated, straddling that line between 'college graduate' and 'unemployed'.

Sucks. I was in that hole for a good while. But now I am software engineer by day, same ol' Jeramyu by night.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Last year I resigned my fulltime job to go to tafe and become an electrician. With perfect timing my girlfriend of 3 years dumped me, which resulted in me spending most of my time at tafe unmotivated and hungover. Turns out being a sparky is boring as fuck anyway. Since then I've had a few different casual jobs here and there, but no goal, direction, etc. Thinking it might be time to go back to tafe, get my IT know-how acknowledge on paper. Still spend all my time watching anime and gaming. Still the insensitive dick composed of 50% sarcasm, 50% badassery, that you guys made me.

So yeah, other than whether or not you're getting laid on a regular basis, the years pass and nothing changes.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Forerunner, I don't remember anyone making you 50% badass. Something like that would've required a meeting of the council - which did not happen.

Anyhow, I died and am a ghost now. It's actually even more boring.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:36 pm

are you stuck like... haunting the forum or something? That would be boring.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Strayed Wanderer wrote:Anyhow, I died and am a ghost now. It's actually even more boring.

...Holy shit, did you mean to reference Wrong Way?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:are you stuck like... haunting the forum or something? That would be boring.

No, not quite that bad.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Strayed Wanderer wrote:Anyhow, I died and am a ghost now. It's actually even more boring.

...Holy shit, did you mean to reference Wrong Way?

Yes.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 am

Stuff.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby ReaperGal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm working as a nurse. I can't hold down a relationship/don't want to be tied down, depending on the day - I had a steady boyfriend for about a year but, eh, he was kinda stupid so I broke up with him a few months ago. Mostly I've been saving money so I can try to emigrate to... I dunno. Anywhere but the US. Canada, maybe? Or Europe.

I mostly smoke pot, read, and try to make my own dresses in my free time. Oh, and I'm trying to go raw-vegan, except on Friday, when I eat whatever I want. And, eh, every day when I make cheese sandwiches. Or if someone buys pepperoni pizza. But it's the thought that counts, right?

And sometimes I miss you guys and come back to look at the old forum and see topics like this, which I've gotta say is pretty magical.
ReaperGal
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 am

I'm on my third year of a BA in History. My fiancee is moving from the US to the UK next summer, and we hope to get our own place once she has gotten the requisite visa to live and work here. After completing my BA, I want to either do an MA or an MRes in Jewish History and Cultural Studies, and then a PhD. I hope to gain a job as a university professor. My ultimate goal is to move either to the US or Switzerland. Right now I'm thinking Switzerland, but it could change. Obviously, by the time I have a PhD, six years will have passed, and the American economy might be a lot better. Switzerland is one of my choices because of how good their economy is. They aren't a member of the EU, or Eurozone, have low VAT and income tax, and the average annual income per household is the equivalent of $100,000. I would just have to learn German, which would be pretty cool. One interesting fact about Switzerland is how Swiss men between 18 and (I think) 34 are required by law to own a gun and learn how to use it, yet they have really low gun crime.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Beldarius » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I was here only for a very short while two years ago, but I recently got to playing The Way again. *shrug*

I actually graduated from vocational college in June 2012, and am now qualified to work as a library assistant. Still unemployed at the moment, though looking for a job. :\ I also have a high school / abitur diploma that allows me to enroll into an university or polytechnic (I want to study English - Finnish translation and translate fantasy novels).
*points at her avatar* In case you're curious, this guy is Tetsuya Onodera from Super Robot Wars OG. He's the vice-captain of Space Noah class battleship Hagane and my favorite character in the games (alongside Gilliam Yeager).
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby Porter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:28 pm

ReaperGal wrote:I'm working as a nurse. I can't hold down a relationship/don't want to be tied down

I want to be TIED DOWN. HAHAHA.

I mostly smoke pot, read, and try to make my own dresses in my free time. Oh, and I'm trying to go raw-vegan, except on Friday, when I eat whatever I want. And, eh, every day when I make cheese sandwiches. Or if someone buys pepperoni pizza. But it's the thought that counts, right?

How did I not marry you? Holy shit.

Anyway, just bought a house on Berry Lake, Wisconsin. I left my job as a chemist and I now teach high school chemistry because at least the state employees still have the pension.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall