fwacho's Book Update

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

fwacho's Book Update

Postby Sling » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm

For those interested, fwacho's first book, The Fall of Mahkinoc, is now available in e-book form as The Rise of Innocents. Not only that, but books two and three, Test of Innocents and End of Innocents, are scheduled for release August 2013 and November 2013 respectively. Having read the first book when it was first released, I can only say that I am highly anticipating the release of the subsequent two books.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Re: fwacho's Book Update

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Anything like Lun's stuff?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:13 am

I've only gotten round to reading the first one, which I read back when the paper back was released, and it was pretty good. I'm not sure how similar to The Way I can call it though, as it was rather unique and had its own distinct 'feel.' Now that they're available as e-books, I'd definitely recommend giving at least the first book a read and see what you make of it. I personally loved it, but I'd say it was distinct and separate from the world of The Way.

It did, however, have the same Wheel-of-Time-esque Medieval/steam-punk setting that The Way did. The one obviously noticeable difference, however, is that civilisation is much more prominent in fwacho's stuff, whereas in The Way, settlements were not too common, and thus had a more 'lonely feel,' if you get what I mean. However, that is just the first book. Not sure if this is true for the other two.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kcrazy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Just downloaded it on my kindle, lun mentioned the acknowledgements, with a little reference to the way as well. I''m going to start reading tonight.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby kylebstiff » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Hey, any idea what's going on with the e-version of Frank's books? I can't find them on Amazon, and he doesn't seem to have a proper author page. I'm an indie author myself, always been a fan of The Way and I'd love to check out his brother's work. I'm sure the Force runs strong in that family.
kylebstiff
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Wed May 14, 2014 2:34 pm

They were available on Amazon, but they seem to have been taken down now, and I checked both the UK and US versions of Amazon too. I have no idea what happened.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby LunC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 am

I forget what happened with Amazon. However, the books are now on itunes.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/rise-i ... 3455?mt=11
LunC
Pharaphalyn

Return to The Scratch Wall