Merry Christmas 2017

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Merry Christmas 2017

Postby Porter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 pm

How long has it been? Miss the old days. Always checking in for more. Hope all is well all. I believe it has been 14 years since beginning of IRC and playing The Way.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Re: Merry Christmas 2017

Postby Sling » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:12 pm

I've been a legal permanent resident of the US for 1 year and 5 months. I completed my MA in Cultural History, 3 years ago, my BA (Hons) in History and Music 4 years ago. I've been married for 4 years and 7 months. I've self-published four books on Amazon and am working on my fifth. I can now drive, but I need to replace the middle brake light before I can take the test and get my full license (right now, I can only drive as long as someone 18+ with a full license is in the car with me). I've had my 8-string guitar for 7 years now, and have since also purchased a 9-string once I moved to America. I've been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder in addition to Major Depressive Disorder. But it's pretty much under control. That's been me in a nutshell.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Sling wrote:I've been a legal permanent resident of the US for 1 year and 5 months. I completed my MA in Cultural History, 3 years ago, my BA (Hons) in History and Music 4 years ago. I've been married for 4 years and 7 months. I've self-published four books on Amazon and am working on my fifth. I can now drive, but I need to replace the middle brake light before I can take the test and get my full license (right now, I can only drive as long as someone 18+ with a full license is in the car with me). I've had my 8-string guitar for 7 years now, and have since also purchased a 9-string once I moved to America. I've been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder in addition to Major Depressive Disorder. But it's pretty much under control. That's been me in a nutshell.

Oh yeah!? Well I got a semi-decent underpaid job!

That's mostly it...

Though it gets my learning in good - in charge of a VPS and 20-something odd websites on it as well as general IT working for a small-ish Photography Studio, with some nice clients. I'm the only Techie in there so I like to tell people I'm CTO or just Head of IT (I have zero people working underneath me). We've also recently been looking into 3D stuff so I've been modelling and texturing and animation for a few months now. All in all it's nice and varied - if underpaid - but lots to learn and I largely get left to my own devices to either cover very basic stuff or learn new shit. /endsalespitch

Otherwise, a bit older and probably less wise taking into account my casual abuse of alcohol. Like you Porter, I miss the old days, I still occasionally log onto the chat room in order to sit and talk about nothing. I believe I posted some years ago about organizing a virtual get-together - actually fuck it, I'm in a possition where I have some savings to visit some place - what the hell's everybody doing this summer?

Um... How's everybody else doing?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Ghoti » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 am

ive invented many exciting new ways to cum
Ghoti
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:15 pm

So 14 years? Absolutely crazy. Lots of good memories playing the Way and chatting with you all here and on IRC. In the intervening years I got married, got divorced, and had two great kids (not in that order obviously). I work as a microbiologist in a medical lab - it's a good living. I play guitar and sing in a rock cover band and I play RPGs on Xbox these days - I'm Wellsy630 if you want to find me. PM me if you want to know any of my other social medias - Lord knows this website doesn't get much use but I wouldn't ever be opposed to doing a better job keeping up with some of you. I cut my Internet teeth here and you're all (for the most part) a wonderfully weird and fine group of people.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:21 pm

I've started teacher training. Woohoo!
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Return to The Scratch Wall