Want to live forever?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Porter » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:03 pm

Iteroth wrote: So, just because time cannot exist in a physical sense doesn't mean it doesn't exist in a conceptual sense.

It does exist in a conceptual sense.....this is done by clocks. 8) We made time. I also will continue to live by "time"
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:38 pm

Not really. We made our time-keeping system to match the position of the sun.
"If you mean that I'm not quite like most wanderers, then you're absolutely correct."
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Porter » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:30 pm

HumanBean17 wrote:Not really. We made our time-keeping system to match the position of the sun.

thus the "concept" of it
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:52 pm

But there is physical time. That's why it is the fourth dimension. time is the only thing that has 4 dimensions. Therefore time exists, and just because we have clocks doesn't mean that we only have "conceptual" time.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Iteroth » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:18 am

What proof can you offer to support physical time? I can't see it, touch it, taste it, smell it, hear it. How then, do I know that it physically exists?
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:05 pm

If you can see the hands on a clock then you can see time. There. I win. Do not reply.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Iteroth » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:26 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:If you can see the hands on a clock then you can see time. There. I win. Do not reply.

Shit, you've got me there.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby War » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:37 pm

Iteroth wrote:What proof can you offer to support physical time? I can't see it, touch it, taste it, smell it, hear it. How then, do I know that it physically exists?

Can you see, touch, taste, smell, hear Atoms, but you know there there. Can you see, touch, taste, smell, hear Microbodys, but you know there there.
Can you see, touch, taste, smell, hear Radiation, but you know its there.
My point it that just because you can't see, touch, taste, smell, hear doesn't me its not there. Time is something that isn't real, but is there. Its a measurement.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:56 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:But there is physical time. That's why it is the fourth dimension. time is the only thing that has 4 dimensions. Therefore time exists, and just because we have clocks doesn't mean that we only have "conceptual" time.

the 4th dimension hmmm? I have never read this "law" of time.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Matt Hakor » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:28 pm

Well time is merely a measurement of the sun's rotation and all that jazz.
"If you will it, it is not a dream." Theodor Herzel
Matt Hakor
Plyn

Postby Iteroth » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:29 pm

War wrote:
Iteroth wrote:What proof can you offer to support physical time? I can't see it, touch it, taste it, smell it, hear it. How then, do I know that it physically exists?

Can you see, touch, taste, smell, hear Atoms, but you know there there. Can you see, touch, taste, smell, hear Microbodys, but you know there there.
Can you see, touch, taste, smell, hear Radiation, but you know its there.
My point it that just because you can't see, touch, taste, smell, hear doesn't me its not there. Time is something that isn't real, but is there. Its a measurement.

Actually you can. You just need sensative equipment.
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:58 am

Yeah, if you use a really powerful microscope you can see atoms. Its a nucleus with little balls floating around it :D .
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby silent_empath » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:26 am

TIME can be seen felt and tasted.....or at least the effects of it.....When a child grows...we have seen his/her body develope and change through time...even before the first clocks people aged......as we ourselves age...our bodies become more decayed, or decrepit if you will...due to different circumstances extended over a period of time...be it brief or prolonged....and it han be tasted in the dust f the earth....as all things live...all must die...and when they do, their bodies/vessles/shell becomes as the dust...crumbled and trodden on by things anew in that ever changing but never begining/ending flow of TIME.
Malignant Brain cysts are a bi***!
silent_empath
S1 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:40 pm

Here is how we know there is a fourth dimension. Space-Time Continueum(Dude Where's My Car). It states this. You need four points to find out exactly where a person is. X and Y are on 2d plane, which most of you guys know. A 3d plane like ours also incorporates Z. So far you need X, Y and Z. But, if you tell someone the exact coordinates where a person is, they won't be there forever. Time is the fourth coordinate(from the fourth dimension) that is needed to determine the location of the person. There Porter. 8)
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Previous

Return to The Scratch Wall