Midian and Jeruh

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Midian and Jeruh

Postby Just » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:21 pm

yes, i know that this topic has been discussed over and over. but while playing ep 2, something clicked in my mind.

--In Episode 1, Wes, Dana, and Rhue come to a bridge, where a head hunter is standing.
--The headhunter asks them if they know a "Jeruh". Wes and Dana come out and say that they have never heard that name, while Rhue hesitates. This, of course, shows that he may very well have at least HEARD the name before.
--The headhunter almost kills Rhue, but is quickly defeated by Slade, who cuts off his arm and throws him off of the bridge.

--In Episode 2, on the Marna Stretch, you come across another headhunter on another bridge.
--This headhunter, who I'll call Hunter2 (go figure), is waiting for "someone". However, that is all we know about that.
--Hunter2 confuses Rhue for a man named "Midian", who he says is looking for a "Jeruh"

and that made me think: HOLY CRAP! The first headhunter is Midian! Sure, i know it may seem farfetched, but it would actually make quite a bit of sense. Hunter1 was looking for a guy named Jeruh, and so is this Midian fellow. Of course, i'm sure that many headhunters know one another, and that's how Hunter2 could have been familiar with Midian/Hunter1.

Am I making any sense? My theory is that:

HUNTER1----is--->MIDIAN---looking for----->JERUH
HUNTER2----is waiting for--->Someone---but knows-->MIDIAN

yeah, that doesn't really help either. haha. now, I don't know if Jeruh and Rhue are the same guy. it may seem coincidental that Jeruh and Rhue have the same letters in it (except for there being no "j" in Rhue). that could explain why Hunter1 attacked Wes,Dana and Rhue, and of course, Midian only TOLD Hunter2 about him looking for Jeruh. Therefore, Hunter2 wouldn't know that Rhue looked exactly like Jeruh. Therefore...

HUNTER1/MIDIAN-----looking for--->JERUH/RHUE----Slade kills H1--X
HUNTER2---meets--->MIDIAN--learns about--->JERUH--meets--->RHUE

Hmm... if you understand that, tell me what you think. thanks.
OverlordBill wrote:And on a scale of one to awesome, you suck.

Teenr0cker wrote:I was in the fucking first forums so don't fuck with me bitch

Occurrence_Of_Something wrote:He's sure as hell funnier than you
Just
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:39 pm

That doesn'y explain why Headhunter2 would call Rhue Midian.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby ReverentSharp » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:01 pm

Actually, Just, I could somewhat see that happening, though it is very coincidental. I don't know if Lun is going to make it that easy on us. (Ha) Perhaps Sage, Rhue looks alot like Midian/the first head hunter. Though, again, coincidence. Keeping working at it, Just. You may get somewhere.
The backstabbing assassin formerly known as Chip.
ReverentSharp
Wanderer

Postby Kyle » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:14 pm

Also note that in the first version of episode 1 the first headhunter wanted to find a guy named "Gaius". Don't know if it matters, but if the headhunter plays ANY role at all, it's not like Lun to change such an important part. Of course, it was episode 1, but Lun says he had the story fleshed out mostly before finishing episode 1.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby ReverentSharp » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:22 pm

Kyle, I do think I remember something like that. And then when Rhue meets Gaius, he wonders why the name sounds so familiar. But, I wonder why Lun would do something like that. Hm..
The backstabbing assassin formerly known as Chip.
ReverentSharp
Wanderer

Postby DSOK » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:08 pm

I think the change from Gaius to Jeruh is simply an indication that this matter with the headhunters is unlikely to be a pivotal plot point. It's a clue to what is happening, but it probably has no special significance unto itself. There were really a lot of things in the first episode that got dropped in later installments, presumable as Lun decided what he really wanted to focus on. This probably represents nothing more than a similar change of emphasis.

I find it pretty much impossible to believe that the headhunter calling Rhue "Midian" was a simple case of mistaken identity. From what happens in Dream Estrana, it seems that Midian is a significant component in the strange mixture of minds/auras that accompany our protagonist. There is some connection between Rhue and Midian, just as there are a connections between Rhue and Jeruh, Rhue and Gaius, Rhue and Scatha, and Rhue and the Phantom Slasher.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:26 am

this topic has been discussed over and over

Indeed it has. And it doesn't help that you didn't say anything that hasn't been said already.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Re: Midian and Jeruh

Postby samlai » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:48 am

Just wrote:HUNTER1----is--->MIDIAN---looking for----->JERUH
HUNTER2----is waiting for--->Someone---but knows-->MIDIAN

HUNTER1/MIDIAN-----looking for--->JERUH/RHUE----Slade kills H1--X
HUNTER2---meets--->MIDIAN--learns about--->JERUH--meets--->RHUE

http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24149

i posted something that may solve this? its juz an assumption but it may click something if we discuss it again with more clues when the game continues
SamLai

A tRue 5eEkeR nEva s+oPs. MaY tHe +Ruth AlwAy5 bE w|f y0u.
LiFe |s shor+, |eAd LiFe 2 da MAX!!
Da Adrenalin Rush 5eeker
Yamakazi - aka - Alkaiser
samlai
Wanderer

Postby Ohtaryon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:40 am

Everyone seems to recognize Rhue, but he doesn't remember any of them. Gaius makes a statement that they killed someone together, and that Rhue seems to have forgotten him. Kloe makes an implication to Traziun that she's seen him before. Scatha seems to know him from somewhere. I don't remember exactly, but I think it's Gaius who says something to the extent of Rhue having changed his name from something else, and that it sort of sounds like the other name... perhaps Rhue came out of Jeruh? I've always pronounced the names as "rhoo" and "jair-oo"...

Besides, I don't think the first headhunter is Midian simply because they're both looking for Jeruh. A lot of people were looking for Cetsa... that doesn't mean they're not all the same person because they're all looking for Cetsa. Also... if you remember when Rhue is saving Scatha from that shadowy character in the Pits, the character-sprite's hair and the face-set's hair of the shadowy-guy match with the Midian from the dream-vision of Estrana from Episode 5. Midian even hints to this when he says "It's you..." when he sees Rhue. Why would he wear a mask early on then suddenly discard it for no reason?
Last edited by Ohtaryon on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohtaryon
Plyn

Postby Alec » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:09 am

Well, if you've played episode 5, Rhue looks nothing like Midian.
Alec
Plyn

Postby RentACop » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Wasn't it a plot point that none of the Blood Lyn hunt Gaius? As such, if the Headhunters were still after Gaius it would've confused things further down the line.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:42 pm

"Jair-ooh"? WTF?

Both Gaius and Scatha mentioned Rhue having a different name.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:47 pm

Ohtaryon wrote: Midian even hints to this when he says "It's you..." when he sees Rhue.

Umm... when does he ever say this?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Ohtaryon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:27 pm

Impossible wrote:"Jair-ooh"? WTF?

Both Gaius and Scatha mentioned Rhue having a different name.

Not "ooh" as in "ooooooooh!! what does this button do!?", but just a quick sounding "oh". Like... if you were to say "boo" really quick, only without the "b". I get it from the whole letter "u" part.

Umm... when does he ever say this?
Oh... my bad... nevermind on that... at the part where Midian says "You're not the guy" I misread it and thought he said "You're the guy" [to which Rhue replies "What guy?"]
Ohtaryon
Plyn

Postby Occurrence of Something » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:47 pm

Heh...nothing to do with the topic, but has anybody noticed that the ONLY person who has even vaguely supported Just's theory is "ReverentSharp", who, if I'm not mistaken, turned out to be Just himself, anyway?

I would like to point out how pathetic that is.
Porter: lets play, truth or dare
Porter: war you first
Porter: truth or dare
WarV: truth???
Porter: ok: the truth:
Porter: YOU SUCK
Porter: HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Porter: HSfjksdfhsadf
WarV: That is not how it works.
Occurrence of Something
S1 Hilyn

Next