A new idea for the Phantom Slasher

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby silent_empath » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:09 am

what I meant was that those names should be the PS's REAL name

yeah like when we actually meet the PS and find out who it was.....if it's not Giaus...ahem.....i understood ya chip
Malignant Brain cysts are a bi***!
silent_empath
S1 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:29 am

Telephalsion wrote:
"The Ninja"? Seriously? did he wear black and throw shurikens all the time?

No, he climbed up the sides of houses and entered through vents and such... Not exactly sure how that led the police to call him "The ninja".
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:39 pm

The Phantom Slasher is an awesome title. It's a name that actually... you know... scares you. Not many villian names do that. Ganondorf. Bowser. Sauron(well, maybe a little). Really, scary names are hard to come by. I think the Phantom Slasher is a perfect name.
"If you mean that I'm not quite like most wanderers, then you're absolutely correct."
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:28 pm

teh fanta slasher!!1!11!
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat May 01, 2004 3:40 am

Strayed Wanderer wrote:
Telephalsion wrote:
"The Ninja"? Seriously? did he wear black and throw shurikens all the time?

No, he climbed up the sides of houses and entered through vents and such... Not exactly sure how that led the police to call him "The ninja".

It would be cooler if he DID throw shurikens :P
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Koren The Wanderer » Sat May 01, 2004 4:55 pm

Phantom Slasher can't be Rhue. And I'll be disappointed if it is. But you can't go pleading to Lun that he won't make it be.

And the PS could be anyone for all we know. People seem to disappear with 'unfinished business to attend to' so often...
Koren The Wanderer
S2 Hilyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sat May 01, 2004 7:58 pm

Would it be possible that the Phantom Slasher isn't just one person? Maybe it's kind of like a spirit of the Purpose or something that posses somebody to do it's bidding. So then, therefore, Rhue, Traziun, Gaius, could all be the Phantom Slasher. The would also explain why sometimes, Rhue would be awake and see the Phantom Slasher, or some stuff like that.

Maybe even the shadow man of the Pits was something similar, and even if he was Traziun, it could be the same or similar "spirit". Maybe it was the Lord of the Pits, and when/if Rhue's sword goes crazy, it means that the Purpose "spirit" comes down and lends Rhue a hand or something. There are a few problems with this theory, such as instances where Rhue's sword goes crazy, and he's not fighting a necessary "evil" person, like when he plunges Slade in Episode 5. It might be explained that Rhue was helped by the Lord of the Pits, and that the wanderers on the Way are sort of like sentinent Chess pieces in some sort of deadly game.

Oh yes, I just realized something, this is a tad off topic though, so, meh, here it goes. the Blana Sera are bitter enemies of the Guided. It is largely assumed that Gaius is the second "blade" of Kalmar. But why he then dealing with the Guided? It would seem right if he was dealing with the rebels, to mess up the Guided even more, but he was dealing with Loyalists. Kinda...ironic.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby War » Sat May 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Why does everone remember the guy form the pits, but not the guy fomr the dream like world in E5?
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby silent_empath » Sat May 01, 2004 10:13 pm

i remember midian
what i wanna know is....Who was that girl waiting for?
silent_empath
S1 Hilyn

Postby Chip » Sat May 01, 2004 11:52 pm

That girl....perhaps Chasta....was waiting for her brother....perhaps Slade...
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Re: .........

Postby Leo » Sun May 02, 2004 12:08 am

Chip wrote:That girl....perhaps Chasta....was waiting for her brother....perhaps Slade...

SLADE! SLADE! Who said Slade!?
"I would rather have William Hung lick honey of my NIPPLES then listen to that again." Simon Cowell on SNL
Leo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sun May 02, 2004 12:19 am

Dude, he's dead. Forget about him. Now.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Chip » Sun May 02, 2004 6:58 am

Is that second Estrana a ghost of the now-deserted Estrana? Dead Estrana is kind of like an afterlife, it seems.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Postby Koren The Wanderer » Sun May 02, 2004 10:18 pm

Maybe the Dream Estrana has something to do with Rhue's sword and the people in Dream Estrana are people that Rhue has killed/stabbed with his sword. That would explain why Jed was there.. And that shadow guy you fight before you see those visions of Slade's past, was the shadow of the guy you could optionally plunge with on the Marna stretch. Also, that girl, if it was Chasta, maybe she was looking for Slade, who has had Rhue's sword implanted in him. And if it was Chasta, that means Rhue would've have to shed blood at the hands of Rhue's sword(or perhaps another shadow sword). Now.. If Chasta is Scatha(I'd go into all the reasons, but I assume you guys already know), then maybe if Scatha plunges with Rhue in a later episode(there are Scatha plunge sprites in rm2k) and Rhue injured Scatha.. That would explain why Chasta was in Dream Estrana. And I do believe Midian and Rhue have something in common... (Like how the headhunter in E2 called Rhue Midian) I just don't know what.

And this is all probably wrong, because I just thought this up off the top of my head right now.. But hey, speculating is fun!
Koren The Wanderer
S2 Hilyn

Postby silent_empath » Mon May 03, 2004 5:32 am

it couldn't have been Chasta waiting for her brother.....she said that she was waiting for her boyfriend.....i know she has to tie in somehow but i can't figure it out yet.....unless she's the grown up Serena waiting for Rhue/Midian/Jeruh not sure what to call him anymore.....and i don't think that it's a dream Estrana so much as maybe the plane on which the aura of a person exists perhaps and even after you die your aura continues to move along the way...that last part has no proof and is simply specualtion but it makes sense to me.
silent_empath
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana