The Way FAQ

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Telephalsion » Thu May 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Awesome work, keep at it.

Jsut wondering though, the gold/silver stone skills, aren't there only 2 of each so far?
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Thu May 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Wow, thanks everyone. I'll check up on the switch puzzle tomorrow when I have more than a few seconds to look at the forum. I think I'll be able to finish the quicklist of stuff soon too (it's further along than it looks now, don't want to upload it till it's done), and I might do some battle conditions, skills, and stuff like that too. I do plan on updating it for Episode 6, and I'm looking forward to doing it. You'd be surprised how fun it is to write this thing, even with all the time involved. Annnnd the gold/silver things, yeah there's only two of each so far, but in the skills database there's a listing of as-of-yet completely ineffective skills with names. Some of the stuff like notch item skills is just educated guesswork about what Lun's going to put in. If it changes, so will the guide. Thanks again, and tell me if you see anything I need to fix.

On a side note, I made a section for the guided boss battle on the marna stretch a while back, but I can't find it anywhere... guess I'm going to have to rewrite it. I'll get that done tomorrow as well.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri May 06, 2005 4:26 pm

Somehting is missing on marna stretch, I just know it.

I don't know what you've brought up, but i played it today and this is what i have done so far:

Taken some ctp and ar spouts/chests

lyn rock from wooly game
heart stone from rat game
nova stone
lyn rock on flower island
heart stone next to plunge dude
beaten plunge dude
gotten "find moms missing son" quest and the soul stone there
New high blade art
Rubber skin aura
I havent started on the paradan thing with the yellow flowers or even talked to the settlers/guided yet
will get third heart stone from the suicider

Question is, is it just my fucked up feelings or have I/you/someone missed something.

your faq
THE MARNA STRETCH
1. Nova Stone
2. Heart Stone
[Plunge +1 (I don't advocate doing this)]
3. Lyn Rock
4. Lyn Rock
5. Blan Rock
6. Lyn Rock
7. Soul Stone
8. Heart Stone
what do you mean with plunge +1 btw?

forum faq
Marna Stretch (Not in any order)
Soul Stone: Near the worried woman with green hair. (upper left area)
Lyn Rock: It's hidden in a pink patch of flowers. (lower middle are)
Blan Rock:On the cliff where you find men that hate the Guided, there's a treasure box behind some trees. (lower right area)
Lyn Rock:If you choose to help the Guided, you will fight the "settlers". After the fight, search the dead bodies for valuables. You should find a key. Next to the Blan Rock treasure chest, you should find another treasure chest. You will be able to open it with the key.
Nova Stone: In the northwest part of the stretch, there's a man mentioning a grove of some kind further down. There is a grove actually, and in it is a Nova Stone. Access to the grove requires jumping. Somewhere to the west of the man is a straight path leading to the jumping spot. Jumping there will allow you to reach the grove and the Nova Stone.
Heart Stone: Kill all the rats pestering the bathing woman.
Heart Stone: Behind the trees near the plunge guy.
Lyn Rock:Herd the woolie in under 60 seconds.
Waterfall Place (Answer the questions as shown)
1.Beautiful day, isn't it?
2.Do you care about yourself?
3.On the rocks
4.I'll never give up.
He'll then give you a Heart Stone.

I think you forgot one heart stone, probably the one next to the plunger
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Fri May 06, 2005 8:57 pm

he forgot a CTP sprout in marna stretches.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Jabbo » Sat May 07, 2005 8:07 am

No, I have all the Marna Stretch Notches. The one in your list that's not in mine is the one that you get from the jumper guy, which I have in another section (The Cliff). I'm trying to place the section divisions so that whenever you reach a point where you can't go back to the first notch item in the section you're on currently, a new section begins. When you hit the jumper guy, there's no way to return to the Marna Stretch, so he gets his own section. The Plunge +1 is what you get from Therin if he trains you. It doesn't get its own number because the "perfect game" method assumes that you don't do it.

The CTP Spout? Um, yeah, I'm sure I did... I don't really see how I could possibly NOT miss a CTP Spout somewhere. If you tell me where it is, though, I can probably fit it in.
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat May 07, 2005 11:07 am

Jabbo wrote: The Plunge +1 is what you get from Therin if he trains you. It doesn't get its own number because the "perfect game" method assumes that you don't do it.

thats the thing you get if you loose against alan right?
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat May 07, 2005 11:37 am

You get it if you lose to Alan and miss a chest with a lyn rock in it at the beggining of EP2.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Sat May 07, 2005 4:30 pm

FINALLY! Someone LISTENS to me!
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Sun May 08, 2005 7:34 pm

Y'know, I never realized you had to miss that chest to get the Lyn Rock. So now I know that not even faulty logic can justify losing to Alan. I've updated the guide.
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby ericfantasy17 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:51 pm

Yeah i got a question thats been asked before when does E6 come out
ericfantasy17

Postby Flibbo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:06 pm

ericfantasy17 wrote:Yeah i got a question thats been asked before when does E6 come out

Either the matrix just changed something, or this guys stupid.

*sighs*

We don't know yet. Episode 6 is currently in beta testing and when lun thinks it has been tested enough (im guessing around wave 6) it'll be released to the general public. The time it takes for a wave to be completed varies though so its hard to give an exact date or week. Just bear with us.

That being said, havn't you already asked this?
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby ericfantasy17 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:55 am

HA HA THE MATRIX CHANGED THAT WAS GOOD HA HA OF ALL THE NERD COMEBACKS THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE I FORGOT TO EXPECT. THANKS FOR MAKING YOURSELF MORE OF A LOSER.
ericfantasy17

Postby Impossible » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:45 am

Flibbo, don't be mean. I think ericfantasy17 is an outstanding, intelligent person. Would anyone stupid send a message like this?

To: Impossible
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:40 am
Subject: i think you SUCK PENIS>
PENIS PENIS!! BIG BLACK PENIS IN YOUR MOUTH YOU LIKE PENIS. YOU LIKE TO SUCK ON TRANNY BALLS AND THEN DRINK THEIR ANAL LEAKAGE
AND YOULIKE TO SAVE FAT LADY VAGINA FLUIDS IN REFRIGERATOR
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Letter to the Flaming Fucktard.

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:57 am

Dear Ericblahblahblah42somenumbershere

What.The.Fuck.

No, seriously, what the fuck? You baffle me with your ability to sound like a complete and total brain-dead moron who somehow gained access to a computer with internet browsing capabilities...I wonder why. I was brought to tears by the achievements that these people were willing to work together to accomplish, and then you step in and fuck things over like the perfect end-result of the chaos theory you are. In Cold War political terms, you are the New Deal Plans and we, as a community, are the kickass Five Year Plans, instituted many years before you. Do you even fucking know who Flibbo is? I mean, yeah, what the fuck, he has a dancing banana for an avatar, but he's like...a close buddy of Lun's....He's like the Jesus to our community....or whatever would mean the son of your god.....He saw it all come together, he helped (I assume as much since hes in the credits) construct some part of the way, therefore lighten the fuck up.

Yes, this is the Internet, the single greatest informational network ever concieved by man, never controlled or dominated by one single man, company, server, or force completely, therefore eliminating any social elevation one might have and making them an equal with a voice and opinion. But you, you want to take offense to a fluke on YOUR BEHALF. And he was so kind as to simply make a joke at the expense of your virtual personna, which has absolutely no effect on your actual life, assuming you have one. You can take two simple paths: either accept that your question was a stupid one, or you can do what you just did, and proved him correct in his assumption that you were a goddamn idiot.

In fact, even in my sleep-deprived state at 2:45 am, I am still sensible enough to comprehend his joke, and even speculated on how I would've reacted to your situation before you made the rash decision of being ignorant and rude. If I were a newcomer, with major grammar problems in a forum that does enjoy the English language unbutchered, and I just asked the same newbish question twice, I would laugh, smile, and begin to write a post thanking Flibbo for reminding me of when the next episode is to be released. I'd also say I was sorry for acting like such a newb.

Now, while I know for a fact this may very well call for a response, and I WOULD consider begging the rest of these fine people to continue with their work as if this post never existed, I have just come across the private message Impossible recieved. You, my simple minded fool, have just royally fucked yourself over. Congratulations, you sorry son of a bitch, you have been officially dubbed a flaming fucktard.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:15 am

I approve... Even if Jeramyu doesn't. Teenr0cker makes the BEST long, pointless, stupid rambling posts, period. He must have gotten good at it from writing his outtakes. :P
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana