Distribution of saves

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Distribution of saves

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:07 pm

This one guy I introduced The Way to was having trouble on Episode 4, so he sent me his save so that I could figure out what to do. I was surprised to see that it was Save 1, so maybe he used the same save for the whole game. I save at all sorts of places so that I can replay places (Edit: This sentence sounds really stupid, but fuck it), what about you all?

Episode 1 - Used four saves my first time through the game, went through a second time and saved pretty much everywhere since it's so short. Wound up using 11 of the slots.

Episode 2-5 - Used all 15.

Yeah...
Last edited by Dr. Casey on Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:53 pm

I never do anything like that... I only use the second or third save file if there's something I've done I'm not certain I want to keep that way.

Keep those E2+ save files, I might need them if we never get videos of those episodes. >_<
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Grand Admiral Thrawn » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:50 am

I only use one save file. If I feel I missed something, I reload my previous one and explore more. I never really needed to do this, though, because I'm already a huge thief/treasure hunter in RPGs.
Current games in progress:
Legend of Dragoon
FF8
FF9
Chrono Cross
Grand Admiral Thrawn
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:49 am

Impossible wrote:Keep those E2+ save files, I might need them if we never get videos of those episodes. >_<

This has the opposite effect on me. :P

Still, I've already talked it over with Roman and once they're done you'll see them on a torrent tracker, no worries.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Lucre Mammon » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:07 pm

I never save in the same slot twice in a row. In most episodes, I cycle through all fifteen save slots several times.
Lucre Mammon
Wanderer

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:38 pm

i save at file 1, then 2 then three, once i hit 15 i take 1 next and so on untill i finsh the episode
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:24 pm

I'm one of the "use all of 'em" guys too. Then again, I have never actually had to go back even once, but it's just in case I have to.

I save VERY often too. I went through 1.5 cycles in Ep1. 3 cycles in Ep2.

Yes, I'm paranoid.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:06 am

Impossible wrote:I never do anything like that... I only use the second or third save file if there's something I've done I'm not certain I want to keep that way.

Same here dude. I also only ever use the other slots when I play the game again.

Anyway, I thought this topic was gonna be about sharing each others save files and checking out each other's plunge stats but erm... yeh. :D
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:30 am

save at every save point, and at places like ruined estrana, save at the same save point for some ten times :P

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Alec » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:11 am

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:I only use one save file. If I feel I missed something, I reload my previous one and explore more. I never really needed to do this, though, because I'm already a huge thief/treasure hunter in RPGs.

Me too, and if I do forget something, I normally just restart from the first episode.
Alec
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:34 am

Only one savefile for me, I make a habit of not missing anything, but if I do I just get it the next time I play though the series.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Dude » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:41 am

Yes, I only use one save file unless I'm sure there is something more to do, but I would rather keep going then go back and get it at the time.
phsyco's don't fuckin' blow up when the fuckin' sun hits them I don't care how crazy they are
Dude
Wanderer

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:08 pm

meh, if you have tons and tons of megabytes to spare, why cheap out?

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Lireka » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:46 pm

I averaged 7 saveslots my first time through because I rushed through the story and missed 70% of everything. After that I only used one slot.
Lireka
Plyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:57 pm

Well, I didn't save in multiple slots because I thought I'd missed some Notch items (Although that did happen one time - I went back and got the Plunge item in the area before Kygar; I couldn't have beaten Strata without that extra Plunge point). I just save before select parts of the story so I can replay or rewatch them, like Plunges and scenes and all that.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana