Theory listings

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Akirru » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:23 pm

Haha you said exactly what I was thinking voodoo. I think maybe Gaius is killing the person (Jeruh?) and Rhue is standing in horror, POSSIBLY horrified because of what is happening at that moment - he's sucking in Jeruh's aura. We saw in Jopaga's lab he has almost a magnetic force towards auras, so maybe that's what's happening.
Akirru
Plyn

Postby Terra » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:39 pm

Although Scatha being Serena and thus being Jeruh's girlfriend doesn't make much sense, considering she hates men so much,

I would say it was more contribued to the fact that last I checked, she's Chasta (Slade's older sister) who was burned by her mother, and thrown into the pits by Slade (possibly contributing to her "hate anything that can relieve itself standing up" complex, which seems not to apply to Dirk).
Terra
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:06 am

ok if rhue absorbing an aura makes him somehow adopt a new identity then why didnt that happen when he took Cade's in Jopaga's lair?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:30 am

maybe cause rhue now has a more firm link between body and mind?
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:18 am

her "hate anything that can relieve itself standing up" complex

She hates horsies? :(
Last edited by Flibbo on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:07 am

I have a random theory...
(This is assuming Rhue's sword is an evil shadow sword)

Whenever Rhue kills a person (with his sword as he always does) the sword 'absorbs' the soul or aura or whatever of the person it killed. Being an evil sword who's powers we dont fully know I think it, like wanderers, has a body, aura and soul.

Its body... the physical sword that Rhue weilds... the Aura... it's aura is combined with Rhues so that Rhue gets the skills whenever it absorbs an item... its soul..... the PS...
I think that as it killed more and more people it made the PS, not stronger but more alive so that he could attack more often, and now the PS is at full strength the souls from the murdered people go to Rhues soul instead of the swords soul in order to keep the balance. i.e. The PS and Rhue are always equal in strength...

[interlude]
This expains why Rhue hates being away from his sword as their auras are combined... and because their auras are combined it makes sense that thier souls effect eachother...
[/interlude]

...but now that the PS is stronger, he (being the 'soul' of the sword) is effecting Rhues soul... which being his mental self, is effecting Rhue's actions and all that... which is why Rhue seems less caring about killing people nowdays...

This could also explain why the soul from that guy in Jopaga's lair went to Rhue instead of Rhues soul going with it to Jopaga... because Rhue has the strength of 2 aura's, 2 souls (assuming the PS can travel between the body/living part of the way and the soul/mental/dream part of the way and when he is in the mental part he is more linked to the sword therefore being more linked to Rhue) and I guess 2 body's because he had his sword didnt he?

[interlude2]
That also explain why the PS travels so fast and just disappears... he can go between the dream part of the way and the body part of the way... when he is in one he is not in the other and obviously when he is in the dream part he can use the teleporters hence his abvility to pop up in seemingly random places with practically shit all warning... although perhaps not so random places..... he seems to only attack innocent nobodies and people who could end up hurting Rhue (which makes sense... because Rhue is his pathway to power)
[/interlude2]

...and what happend they anyways? Rhue was mentally stuck in a place where he could 'see' his Aura and soul... I think that although he survived the injection... his body and soul and aura must have suffered huge trauma or damage or whatever and he went into a coma of some sort.... during which the 'soul' of his sword which is the PS, took over his body (because Rhue's soul is on some weird coma or off in some antimatter place) which explains How Rhue all of a sudden whooped all the bad guys with skill that was not his own, and why he doesnt remember it.

............. I made all this up spur of the moment but spent way to much time thinking about it didnt I.....
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Akirru » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:00 am

Belthazar wrote:ok if rhue absorbing an aura makes him somehow adopt a new identity then why didnt that happen when he took Cade's in Jopaga's lair?

Well, after the Landorin massacre Rhue says that he found two men who gave him his sword. This sword is his shadow sword (or illuminati anyways), and instead of Rhue himself absorbing the auras of people he kills and becoming them like he did before he got the sword, the sword absorbs the auras thus creating the PS... I think, that last point kind of just got typed.

Also, the whole two men giving him the sword thing is confusing, considering he wasn't actually a kid who survived the massacre. Or maybe I don't have a clue of what I'm talking about, and he was a kid who survived it, haha.
Akirru
Plyn

Postby Cerem » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:44 pm

For those saying Abuta is jsut a cussword...
If so, why did Lun make a midi named Abuta?
Check the music folder :D
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Come to kill
The demons must
Cerem
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:31 pm

The spelling is not the same.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Akirru » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:16 pm

Not only that, we know that Lun likes to rate his songs by using A+ signs to B- signs before their name. The song "Abuta" is actually an "A" rated song, named "Buta" by some weird... band or something, check the music tracking list, I can't remember. But yes, the song Abuta has NOTHING to do with Aubuta the word. (I'm wondering about the Aubuta thing, and that maybe if it's not a cuss word, it's Rhue's true, 'first', personality. I'm really on "high horse" (haha sorry, I loved that Impossible and Eric convo) with the auras changing Rhue's personality before he got his sword... If that's wrong, what good are almost ANY of my theories? :P
Akirru
Plyn

Postby Cerem » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:45 pm

I feel stupid now.

May Dippy save my soul.
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Come to kill
The demons must
Cerem
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:49 pm

There is no need to feel stupid. A lot of us thought the same thing when we first noticed the name.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Akirru » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:58 pm

I did too, until Jeramyu said that the letters in front of all of the names of the songs were Lun's ratings. (How could I not have seen that? Oh well). So no reason to feel stupid :)
Akirru
Plyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:52 pm

I said that? Ehh.. it was probably gesticulation.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Akirru » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:01 am

It might have been someone else... I can't remember exactly, it's been a while since I've seen it. It just seemed like something you'd say, so I put your name down. :P
Akirru
Plyn

Previous

Return to Estrana