Theory listings

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sephiroth555 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:55 am

If you think thats good, you should find where Illumanti comes form... MAN! That's a story in itself.
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:45 am

Everyone knows that Ford Prefect comes from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse. It's a very important place, and obviously an important sword as well. >_>
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:00 am

rather logical that the Illuminati (The enlightened) are named after stars.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Lireka » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Just wondering, has anyone else read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons? Ever since then the word "illuminati" has been stuck in my head, and though the organisation was not violent, the.. erm... stamps... rendered the word forever more disturbing to me.

If you haven't read the book, it's the prequel to the da vinci code. It's a rather bloody and disgusting book, in my opinion anyway. It talks about this ancient organisation composed of famous scientists, called the "Illuminati". I can't really remember much about the Illuminati though, it was such a long time ago. :?

I have no idea why I even wrote this... I was simply reminded of it ever since I played the way and first knew about the "illuminati swords". oO
Lireka
Plyn

Postby RentACop » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:37 pm

The Wikipedia Illuminati entry provides more, and more accurate information than that charlatan Dan Brown.

Seriously though, if you're interested it's an excellent start. Specifically, the Bavarian Illuminati is generally the one mentioned in most conspiracy theories.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:51 pm

Impossible wrote:Everyone knows that Ford Prefect comes from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse. It's a very important place, and obviously an important sword as well. >_>

HAHAHAHA... whew that ws funny.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:52 pm

Sephiroth555 wrote:If you think thats good, you should find where Illumanti comes form... MAN! That's a story in itself.

It is.
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:54 pm

Lireka wrote:Just wondering, has anyone else read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons? Ever since then the word "illuminati" has been stuck in my head, and though the organisation was not violent, the.. erm... stamps... rendered the word forever more disturbing to me.

If you haven't read the book, it's the prequel to the da vinci code. It's a rather bloody and disgusting book, in my opinion anyway. It talks about this ancient organisation composed of famous scientists, called the "Illuminati". I can't really remember much about the Illuminati though, it was such a long time ago. :?

I have no idea why I even wrote this... I was simply reminded of it ever since I played the way and first knew about the "illuminati swords". oO

The word illuminati as best as I can tell means "enlightened one". Of course the history of what most so-called "enlighened" people do tends to cast a rather long shadow.
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:59 pm

You could have done that in one post, you bastard. Oh well, after that it looks like we're just about to celebrate fwacho's 200th!
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby nerx » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:22 am

Maybe the mark of the Pharaphalyn is that they carry the ultimate sword, called Aubuta. It sounds more like one of the Illuminati swords than the shadow ones. Or maybe it is neither but both as people have suggested. Maybe Aubuta is the ultimate illuminati and only carried by the most holy warrior on the way, or maybe the other way around, the most evil warrior on the way.

Kalmar seems scared when he says Aubuta, and I doubt he says it because it is just a curse. But one thing we could notice is that then his men ganked him, would Kalmar be wanting his sword? Would he be wanting to destroy the good, or...

Hey, what if Night Reaper is the ultimate shadow sword, and Aubuta the ultimate illuminati? Maybe Traziun was never holding back, he may be an extreamly good warrior but I doubt he was THAT good - I would only pull that by the PS or Gaius.. Maybe it was because he had night reaper. He seemed to at least think he needed it to kill his father. And Rhue killed many blood lyn too so... Just a thought. It would be cool to see the battle between Traziun and Rhue if this was the truth.

Also, I never noticed Traziun as the kind of guy who would kill someone who did him wrong, even if it was killing his own mother [if rhue did kill his mother through any theory, being midian's aura or something..]untill after he retrieved Night Reaper. [don't ask me why heh, I just have a feeling because it would make sense ] Maybe the shadow swords deceive people cunningly by tricking them into that killing is the only way to right which is wrong. "It is the only way" and all that stuff about the perfect blade, this could explain why when Lyrra picked up the shadow sword she went physco just because strata had cheated on her - maybe the sword had easier controll on her because she had been so traumatised in the past?

Just some thoughts..

Heh, because someone said that Lun made some sort of connection with Kalmar and Christianity, I am even more paranoid and now think lun is deceiving us! Maybe it's the other way around..
But looking at Fwacho's post, he's pointing to that neither illuminati nor shadow swords are right, they are just swords created by two religions, two that can't accept eachother. That of the blood lyn and that of the guided? - and they both think that they are right
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Postby DSOK » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:33 am

nerx wrote:Maybe the mark of the Pharaphalyn is that they carry the ultimate sword, called Aubuta.
This doesn't really make sense. The mark of the Pharaphalyn is supposed to be recognizable. The only indication that Aubuta is a sword is Kalmar's use of the word. So if it is a sword, it must be Rhue's, and Rhue is not recognized as the greatest Lyn on The Way!
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:41 am

nerx wrote:because someone said that Lun made some sort of connection with Kalmar and Christianity,

*points to self*
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:14 pm

nerx wrote:Also, I never noticed Traziun as the kind of guy who would kill someone who did him wrong, even if it was killing his own mother [if rhue did kill his mother through any theory, being midian's aura or something..]untill after he retrieved Night Reaper. [don't ask me why heh, I just have a feeling because it would make sense ] Maybe the shadow swords deceive people cunningly by tricking them into that killing is the only way to right which is wrong. "It is the only way" and all that stuff about the perfect blade, this could explain why when Lyrra picked up the shadow sword she went physco just because strata had cheated on her - maybe the sword had easier controll on her because she had been so traumatised in the past?

Traziun fisrt mentions his plan to kill his father at the beggining of EP2, which is before he got the Night Reaper. So the sword has nothing to do with his decision.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:28 pm

and its a safe assumption that it was his plan since before ep.1
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:08 pm

nerx wrote:Heh, because someone said that Lun made some sort of connection with Kalmar and Christianity, I am even more paranoid and now think lun is deceiving us! Maybe it's the other way around..
But looking at Fwacho's post, he's pointing to that neither illuminati nor shadow swords are right, they are just swords created by two religions, two that can't accept eachother. That of the blood lyn and that of the guided? - and they both think that they are right

I did not say that.
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana