How many key characters are going to die in Episode 6?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby BlueWarrior » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:43 am

nerx wrote:that was my idea, heh. Traziun should burn in the pits.

Heh... and we'll have another Darth Vader - now in The Way... :twisted:
BlueWarrior
Wanderer

Postby Sephiroth555 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:06 am

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the end of each episode ends usually in some sort of climax. For example, Gaius proclaming that Rhue = Phantom Slasher in Episode 5. Now wait a minute, in the beginning of each episode, there is also an "anti-climax" so to speak. For example, at the end of Episode 4, the climatic battle of Rhue and Strata in Estrana. However, in the start of Episode 5, you are hit hard with the reality that you are going to beat no matter what. You lose, no big flashies, no Rhue evolution or anything like that. And I don't care if you got some error because you beat Strata in that match, you still lose.

So therefore, I'm pretty confident that we shouldn't get too excited about the beginning of Episode 6. It'll be subtle and calm for the time being, not a continuation of the climax.
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby voodooKobra » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:51 am

Yeah, I've noticed that as well... the drama builds up, then (no matter what) you lose... it really sucks.
voodooKobra
S1 Hilyn

Postby ericfantasy17 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:38 pm

Does anyonne know when episode 6 will be available.
ericfantasy17

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:47 am

The beta testing is on way 5 out of 9 but there has been talk of cutting waves if they becoume unneeded. If it goes to 9 waves and everything goes smooth id say maybe a month and a half - 2 months. But thats only if he keeps all the waves
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Lancifer » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:03 am

I really like Culix's idea for a beginning, it sounds like the kind of thing he puts in the series... but... Assuming that in Lide, episode 2, Gaius was talking about Traziun's mother when he said how they killed that "person".
Wouldn't Traziun go after Rhue? Gaius said "It was mostly Him that gets the credit." and NOOONE lies when they are talking to themselves. Could Rhue beat Traiun? Would Traziun even want to fight Rhue.

BUT WAIT!!! If like I said in my last post is true, Rhue has an Illuminati and Traziun has a shaow sword, that could be a heck of a battle. In fact, I would bet a pretty penny that they WILL end up fighting... just not at the beggining, unless you are supposed to lose. (maybe get knocked into the river like Serena did, that'd be perfect.) I don't think Rhue is ready to beat Traziun by a long shot. (Unless you got all the powerups, which most of us don't.)
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Cyberian » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:39 pm

I said this before, Traziun has to go. With his whoop 20 Blood Lyn at once dealy in E5, he's much to powerful to ever have as an ally again and I'll be damned if he doesn't end up fighting Rhue for real within the next two episodes.
Cyberian
Wanderer

Postby Lancifer » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Ya'know how Culix said That his idea might be too dramatic for the first scene? (I don't know how to do those quote things...)

You can't be TOO dramatic on the first scene!

You only get one first scene, you have to make it pull you right into the game! Just like Episode five, that was amazing! Holy cow.

In fact, many of the games I've been making start out in the climax of the story and then flashback to the beginning, and work its way back up. It makes it exciting for the player.

Either way, by episode six, we deserve a dramatic beginning.[/quote]
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 pm

Resurrection of dead topics.

And it'd be breaking tradition to not have an anticlimactic opening. Let's review:

Episode 1: Oh no Rhue is being assaulted by the shadowy guy!!!!!!
Result: Shadow guy walks away.

Episode 2: Oh no Rhue is in jail!!!!!!
Result: Rhue gets unceremonially broken out of jail.

Episode 3: Oh no Kloe is about to die!!!!!!!
Result: All of her attackers turn to another target.

Episode 4: Oh no Rhue is about to plunge Strata!!!!!!
Result: Rhue gets utterly decimated (unless you get lucky, then he only loses honorably).

So they're all anti-climactic. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the others arrive in on the scene and cause a chain of events that prevents Rhue from learning anything at all from Gaius, or any of the others. Like, say, Kloe arrives, and Gaius runs away or something.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:12 am

what happened to episode 5?
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:59 am

what happened to episode 5?

Seeing how he hasn't played EP6 yet he can't really put EP5 on the list yet can he?

Also, I think that we've been wating for EP6 for so long now that no matter what the beggining is, it will feel anticlimactic since we've hyped it up in or minds so much over the passed year. (Or is that just me?)
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:26 pm

My guess is that before Gaius can explain anything Traziun comes flying out of nowhere and knocks him into the water. Symmetry and all. At least, I think that's my guess, someone else probably said it before and I forgot. Actually I'm just posting this to try and lock up a potential "told-ya so" before ep 6 goes live in the coming weeks\months. Unrelated: I haven't slept in 24 hours.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:46 pm

RentACop wrote: Unrelated: I haven't slept in 24 hours.

That's pathetic, if you had been on mIRC you'd have realised that I have somehow managed to be on there all through the night whilst going of to do my own thing in the day! Answer- I'm a cyborg.

P.S. - 10,000th Estrana Post. Hah.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Matt Hakor » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:52 pm

Yeah, something like that.
"If you will it, it is not a dream." Theodor Herzel
Matt Hakor
Plyn

Postby Inderos » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:30 am

Culix wrote:I've kind of had an interesting idea for Episode VI's beginning. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but, basically.

In the first scene, Rhue will, understandably, want to know what the flaming fires Gaius is talking about. Gaius will begin to explain/lie his way out of that situation, but before he gets very far, Traziun shows up (Traziun did appear in the unused Ep. V ending, so I think it's a possibility). He tells Gaius that he knows who killed his mother and fingers the blue-haired one as the culprit. Gaius then turns to Rhue and tells him he knows the truth of Serena's fate and gives him a sadistic choice: help kill the man who's basically been his mentor and best friend, or watch the only man who may be able to help him find his beloved die right before his eyes.

Something tells me that's a tad too dramatic for the game's first scene, but it would be rather interesting to set the game down either the 'Gaius Lives' path or the 'Traziun Lives' path right from the start.

Perhaps this is the completion of Rhues' circle around the way? If Gaius and Rhue kill Traziun wouldn't it be a parrallel to the man they killed before? Maybe Serena was a man(Haha, Cocoa.) or the facts got confused and they originally killed a woman?
I'll say I found her floating face down and I won't let them hurt you, I swear, from the crystal to the crucifix, I will always be with you. So if I go to hell for this I guess I'll meet you there.
Inderos
S3 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana