Questions Left at the end of EP5

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Questions Left at the end of EP5

Postby rnpg1014 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:51 am

I feel that EP5 left more questions at the end than any other episode of The Way.

Here are my questions:

1. Is Rhue the Phantom Slasher?
2. Is his sword really a shadow sword?
3. Is Cetsa really dead?
4. How did Lyra's dad come back to life (if that was truely him)?
5. What of the pendant that Cetsa threw into the river?
6. Where did Kloe go to?

My theories:

1. Mixed. In EP5, Rhue disappeared and the rebels camping out were killed by the Phantom Slasher in that very same spot where Rhue had been... Yet, in an earlier episode, Rhue is walking home (in Estrana, i beleive) and the PS shows up in the backgorund, jumping roofs. Also, a shadow, most likely the PS, shows up and gives Rhue some auras and blade arts. Lun succeded in driving in driving me crazy thinking about this.

2. Judging by the crazy yet awesome, life saving things that odd sword has done for him in the past, it is most likely (in my opinion) a shadow sword.

3. I think Cetsa will live. She was cut but the way she just was left alone so quickly, I don't think she's gone yet.

4. I think that entire scene was some fantasy but i'm still rather skeptical about that scene.

5. I think Rhue will find that pendant later in the story, perhaps floating down the very river that he stands next to at the end of the episode.

6. I think Kloe ran away and will, as usual, show up later in the story.

Feel free to post your own theories and questions.
~ PeAcE OuT
rnpg1014
Wanderer

Postby HolsteinCow » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:32 pm

1) Possibly
2) Maybe
3) Yes
4) Because "Dream Estrana" is The Phantom Slasher's mind, and it knows a lot(because of the auras it absorbed)
5) I think we'll see it again.
6) She was going to make Gaius kill her.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Hmmmm...

Postby TempestTide » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:24 pm

1. I'm gonna go with Gaius. Let's look at a few places the slasher has shown:

We have... The campsite in Ep1 after Gaius has left, outside the Ep1 cave, where Gaius is found, right before we see Gaius on a bridge in Ep2, in Lide (mostly it's Scatha, but I think the PS shows once) as Gaius has left, in Estrana where Gaius is staying, and Sacrifa's camp in Ep5 after Rhue has been travelling with Gaius.

The only PS attack we haven't seen Gaius before/after is the very first at the Ep1 beginning, but who's to say Gaius wasn't there?

2. Perhaps. It's hard to say.

3. I don't think so... Yet.

4. He didn't. This was what appeared to be Rhue's mind, since we find all of his victims here.

5. I don't think it matters much anymore, but maybe we'll see it again.

6. Off to get killed by Gaius. O_o
Here's to the death of Slade! =D

Quote by Leo
...because Slade wills it.
TempestTide
Plyn

Postby Trihan » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:54 pm

But if your relationship with Kloe is high enough, after that she says "Maybe Rhue can save me."
Trihan
Plyn

Postby ElvaanNiiku » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:29 pm

1. Maybe, maybe not. Back in Ep. 1's beginning, Rhue walked off and seeing as he's been wandering all night and the Phantom Slasher came from another direction, I would be very surprised if he really was.

2. This, I'm not too sure. Maybe Gaius was using some extreme propaganda. We know that at times Rhue's sword makes him do stuff, but we're not sure. This can relate to the whole Phantom Slasher deal. The sword probably emits a sick homocidal shadow of Rhue.

3. Strata and her plunged it out. She didn't seem like she made it after Rhue walked off. But hey... I thought the Blood Lyn killed Lyrra and look what happened.

4. I'm not too sure about Lyrra's dad. I'm surprised Jed knows Midian well. There were so many dead people in Estrana, so Rhue probably sapped up a few auras while lurking among the corpses. This can probably foreshadow that he'll see Lyrra again and maybe even Lexus.

5. Kloe had run away as you said. Apparently her ties with Gaius were extremely strong and she just feels extremely broken up. Due to Gaius' class as a Seeker or something, he knew the whole deal about Foreman Ballar and such. And as we might've figured, Kloe killed the Foreman, not Cetsa.
"Is enough the love we have for you? Is enough the respect that we show you? We can only trust your 'natural' selections!"
ElvaanNiiku
Wanderer

Postby Leo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:16 pm

Good question's, but the main one is.... Why did Slade have to die that sissy way?
"I would rather have William Hung lick honey of my NIPPLES then listen to that again." Simon Cowell on SNL
Leo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alkaline » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:47 pm

I'll log in later. >_>

1. Is Rhue the Phantom Slasher?
-No. Episode 6's code says it's Sacrifa.

2. Is his sword really a shadow sword?
-Rhue's? No, Rhue's is the legendary Forerunner Arc.

3. Is Cetsa really dead?
-Cetsa becomes a boss in episode 6 (according to the code I'm looking at). She also dies.

4. How did Lyra's dad come back to life (if that was truely him)?
-Lyrra's dad is named Jeruh. Jeruh = Rhue. Therefore, Rhue is Lyrra's dad. Hey, don't look at me. I'm looking inside episode 6's maps and story.

5. What of the pendant that Cetsa threw into the river?
-It reveals itself as Bloody Angel Lilah and becomes the final boss. (episode 6 is the final episode)

6. Where did Kloe go to?
-Kloe and Gaius have hot sex at the beginning of episode 6... Happy April Fool's, everybody!
Alkaline

Postby TempestTide » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:49 pm

Slade died a sissy way cause he's a sissy. *gets pelted by Slade fans*
Here's to the death of Slade! =D

Quote by Leo
...because Slade wills it.
TempestTide
Plyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:49 pm

1. I think he probably is... By the way, if he really is the Phantom Slasher, did anyone else go back and catch the foreshadowing in Episode 4? "WOMAN: Ahhhh!! Oh sorry, I thought you were the Phantom Slasher." One thing I have to back up that he is the Phantom Slasher is that he got auras when he killed Jed and Cade was injected with that stuff. Then when the Phantom Slasher returns Rhue's sword, he gets even more auras.

2. Of course. It's always wigging out and making Rhue do all these weird things he can hardly control, which explains why he's [probably] the Phantom Slasher.

3. I think so... I suppose someone could help her... but I think she's probably kicked the bucket.

4. I think Rhue actually went to Estrana, so it wasn't just a dream... but there's just something really messed up about it... But Jed is still dead... One theory I've been considering is that everyone there is someone killed by Rhue. I know that all of the people there were never showed being killed by the Phantom Slasher, but who says we've seen everyone that he's killed?

5. It may pop up later in the story, or maybe it's really not important any more.

6. She's still around... but, yeah... she wants Gaius to kill her.

Slade didn't die in a sissy way... he was sick of hurting people... I can relate to that a little bit.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby BustermanZero » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Nice spoilers there, Alkaline. You really shouldn't do that. Or was the whole post a joke?
Don't lower yourself to petty insults that make no sense. That only leads to a weak Communist system which soon crumbles into a Dictatorship.
BustermanZero
Plyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:17 pm

BustermanZero wrote:Nice spoilers there, Alkaline. You really shouldn't do that. Or was the whole post a joke?

Maybe you should get a sense of humor.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:36 pm

HolsteinCow wrote:
BustermanZero wrote:Nice spoilers there, Alkaline. You really shouldn't do that. Or was the whole post a joke?

Maybe you should get a sense of humor.

You're so bitter and sarcastic, man. :lol:
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Trihan » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:49 pm

Rhue's sword picks up more auras because it absorbed Slade's.

I actually think Rhue's sword is an illuminati, which is why it possesses him to destroy/get rid of the shadow swords.
Trihan
Plyn

Postby Leo » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:27 pm

I know he didn't die a sissy, he died a cruel man, but did he have to jump of a cliff? I mean, couldn't of he just like, fought Rhue while he was injured and died during the fight? meh, he will always live on, but still... :(
"I would rather have William Hung lick honey of my NIPPLES then listen to that again." Simon Cowell on SNL
Leo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:32 am

Reminds me of that one time where I pushed the guy.

"Y-you pushed him off?!"
"He told me to." :lol:

Next

Return to Estrana