Rhue's Sword and the Harbringer

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby nerx » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:04 pm

Sounds like some heretic judgement moves to me, he thinks he can judge other wanderers. Probably the perfect blade ect.. A main point that seems to have not got across in ep5 is that - who can really say what is right and wrong? He probably thinks he's all high and mighty and bluehaired, but really he just kills people.
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:32 pm

Culix wrote:
fwacho wrote:there are two other possiblities not mentioned in first post.

fwacho's posts are always incredibly vague, but I can't imagine he would lie. And, since he's telling us something rather directly... We're probably not thinking along the right lines.

ah but hes directing us in another direction while not saying its because we got it wrong. i think the first two should still be given their fair amount of considiration
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Culix » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Flibbo wrote:
Culix wrote:

fwacho's posts are always incredibly vague, but I can't imagine he would lie. And, since he's telling us something rather directly... We're probably not thinking along the right lines.

ah but hes directing us in another direction while not saying its because we got it wrong. i think the first two should still be given their fair amount of considiration

That is a good point. However, those two possibilities mentioned ('Rhue has a Shadow Sword' and 'Rhue has an Illuminati') have been done to death as the explanation for 'Aubuta.' It would be a mistake (which I seem to have made ^_^o) to assume that they're wrong just because of something fwacho said, but I still think getting some other possibilities would be beneficial or, at the very least, interesting.
Culix
Plyn

Postby ReaperGal » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:32 pm

Maybe gaius is actually good, and rhue has an illuminati, and if gaius was the harbringer, then that was why he couldn't hurt him. And maybe Gaius is mistaken about rhue's sword for some reason.

Yeah, it's not great, and I don't know why Lyrra would be able to be killed. Eh. I'm just talking, with not much thinking...
ReaperGal
S2 Hilyn

Postby Antagon » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:40 pm

My first thought after Fwacho said that was that there were other swords besides Shadow and Illuminati. Like Aionsluh and Hatassar or whichever other 2 auras Rhue had that didnt fit into Illuminati or Shadow. Either one may actually be in itself a mix of Shadow and Illuminati.
Antagon
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Culix wrote:

That post wasn't vague at all, he was just saying that two important possibilities were left out of the first post. Which Tele stated in the next post.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby nerx » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:39 pm

Maybe the original owner of Rhue's body was called Aubuta? Or maybe he senses Aubuta's aura inside Rhue. :lol:
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Postby Violent_Paradan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:08 pm

All I know is that the Illuminati seem to be named after stars (either that or I‘ve been playing too many space themed shareware games on my old iMac); so if that is the name of his sword, it wouldn't be one of them unless it followed the same naming convention.
Violent_Paradan
Plyn

Postby Shindy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:13 pm

no.

They are national conspiracy claiming that they are enlightened. Thats the key word.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:56 pm

What do you mean, "No"? He's absolutely right, the Illuminati are named after stars (or star systems or something, I don't remember exactly). Geez, all of you should have at least heard of Betelgeuse.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:00 pm

I know its shocking, because "GASP!" people might not know what u do.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:17 pm

If you didn't know, why did you just say that he was wrong?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:32 am

never mind never mind that was lame LOL.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby nerx » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:54 am

Really, the questionable authenticity of justice is a big theme in The Way, and I don't think you can class Gaius as good, or as evil.
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Postby Jabbo » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:27 am

nerx wrote:I don't think you can class Gaius as good, or as evil.

It's like it is in real life. How much of, say, capitalism can be considered good? Not too much, but governments still use it because it seems to work.

I think you can class Gaius as good or evil though. In real life, we have a scale of good or evil that we abide by. Helping others is good, murder is evil. Of course, this gets muddled when the others themselves are of questionable morality, but the scale still exists.

I think another point of The Way is that the questionable justice comes from man. It's crooked governments and facilitated anger that makes justice questionable. But on the plane of auras and the Purpose, there is a definite scale of good and evil, much like heaven and hell (don't jump on me for referencing Christianity, I'm an atheist. And don't jump on me for being an atheist). I think that at some point we'll know for sure whether or not the Purpose, if it exists, is good or evil, and whether or not the Lord Below, the Shadow Swords, and the Illuminati are as well. We'll also know, probably on a slightly gray scale, what Tetzel, the Guided, and the Blood Lyn are, too.

Yes, questionable justice is a theme in the way. However, good and evil seems to be another underlying theme in the series, as well as how each appears to be the opposite.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana