Kalmar

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Kalmar

Postby Jabbo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:39 pm

About a year ago, fwacho wrote:
E5 stuff guys for a quick review....
1. keep in mind Elyeshu died for finding out the "the truth" about "the end of the way".
2. Rhue and Gaius are standing on the Landorin Stretch.
3. What is Tetzel trying to acomplish...? and why are the Guided rebeling? and who is that leader coming to help the rebels?
4. How did Lyrra survive a blood lyn attack?
5. what was the cleansing Kalmar spoke of?
6. What happened to Traziun when he killed Kalmar? and can that be trusted, or is Kalmar lying to his son?
7. who is the "other"?
8. just how old is Kalmar? (traziun remarked "I see you are looking young as ever.")
9. Does Scatha really know Serena?
10 notice any forshadowing?
11. only a few Foot prints at Landorin massacre?
12 who was Midian looking for?

These are some good questions that must be answered by E6 or 7 any guesses?

We know Kalmar carried a Shadow Sword, and from his dialogue, we can tell that he knows quite a bit about them.

Cetsa: You're doing an awful lot of talking. Tired of fighting already?
Kalmar: I have devoured many. Never do I tire of the "cleansing." Rather I pursue it.

Kalmar: You will see my son. For with my own eyes I witnessed her end.
Kalmar: Yes, you will see for yourself for we will soon be bound together.
Kalmar: And the Ghost Horror will go to another.
Traziun: My head... Something is eating into... my mind?

I searched the forums but the only discussion of this "cleansing" that I could find was Fwacho's post. Assuming Fwacho actually knew what he was talking about a year ago, perhaps said "cleansing" has some significance.

So what does Kalmar know about Shadow Swords? Well, "devour" is not a common term for everyday killing. He definitely knew of Shadow Swords' abilities to take in the auras of those they kill, as can be evidenced when Traziun absorbs his father's aura. Kalmar refers to it as "binding together." And since he mentioned the devouring of others in the same line as the "cleansing," then they're probably related.

The Shadow Swords apparently cleanse the Way of something. But of what? The righteous? Auras? People? I really couldn't come up with anything, but I thought it might be worth noting.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:56 pm

The Shadow Swords apparently cleanse the Way of something. But of what? The righteous? Auras? People? I really couldn't come up with anything, but I thought it might be worth noting.

My guess would be life in general, but we only know the rumors about the shadow swords, not their true nature. Not all of it atleast.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:05 pm

3. What is Tetzel trying to acomplish...? and why are the Guided rebeling? and who is that leader coming to help the rebels?

Good question, good question, Gaius. For the second question I'd say they're trying to reform the Guided; they think Tetzel is corrupt. For the first one, I think that relates to The End of the Way and perhaps Eyashu. Ideas?

4. How did Lyrra survive a blood lyn attack?

We know this. She had Ghost Horror.

6. What happened to Traziun when he killed Kalmar? and can that be trusted, or is Kalmar lying to his son?

Whether or not what Traziun saw was true will HAVE to be explored very soon, because someone could end up dead as a result of it. I think running down this whole line of plot, and using Rhue's fucked up auras thing, it's easy for us to say that it was true and Rhue (most likely) killed Traziun's mother. But could Kalmar have created some kind of false image of what happened?

7. who is the "other"?

Don't remember this. Is this referring to the "other" perfect blade of Kalmar? I think we generally agree that it's Gaius, because he is without a doubt the other Delhara escapee.

8. just how old is Kalmar? (traziun remarked "I see you are looking young as ever.")

Ha, ia this important? ...How old is Traziun?

Why would she have lied about it? Scatha knows Rhue/Jeruh/whoever from some time in the past, so it's very easily possible she would have known about him and "Serena".

10 notice any forshadowing?

Notice any NOT foreshadowing? This is Lun we're talking about here.

11. only a few Foot prints at Landorin massacre?

A time loop, eh? >_<

These are some good questions that must be answered by E6 or 7 any guesses?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:02 pm

Impossible wrote:We know this. She had Ghost Horror.

WHAT THE H**L?

Some theories suggest she had a shadow sword, but i dont see how Kalmar's sword can go to Lyrra that fast and she gets used to that HUGE sword. Kinda like Belson's sword in /\T/\T/\H/\W/\. From what i saw, Kalmar's sword wasnt the color of the sword Lyrra was holding.

Ne1 got a solid evidence? like... LunC or fwacho saying it? or... a picture?
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Culix » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Impossible wrote:

Why would she have lied about it? Scatha knows Rhue/Jeruh/whoever from some time in the past, so it's very easily possible she would have known about him and "Serena".

It's still a possibility that Scatha doesn't know Serena (or that "Serena" doesn't actually exist in the way that most think of her) and only claimed to know her to call Cetsa's bluff.

Shindy wrote:
Impossible wrote:We know this. She had Ghost Horror.

WHAT THE H**L?

Some theories suggest she had a shadow sword, but i dont see how Kalmar's sword can go to Lyrra that fast and she gets used to that HUGE sword. Kinda like Belson's sword in /\T/\T/\H/\W/\. From what i saw, Kalmar's sword wasnt the color of the sword Lyrra was holding.

Ne1 got a solid evidence? like... LunC or fwacho saying it? or... a picture?

Not long after Kalmar kicks the bucket, we see a wounded Slade lying in his room, with a sword next to the bed that wasn't there the last time we saw that room. Slade leaves to treat his wounds and a Blood Lyn chases Lyrra in there. Since the sword is, in RM2K, called Ghost Horror, the most logical explanation is that Lyrra grabbed Kalmar's old weapon and killed the Blood Lyn. This has been talked about for quite some time.
Last edited by Culix on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Culix
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:25 pm

http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=24742

If you want hard evidence, my post there details the rm2k aspects of why the sword is definitely Ghost Horror. Annnnd Culix beat me to the post, but I'm leaving this here anyway, bah.

As to the other questions, hmm. Your guess is as good as mine for number 3.

Number 6, it could be both Rhue and Gaius. When Traziun says, "There you are" in the alt ending, he could easily be referring to both of them, and finding them together could reinforce his notions of their conspiring together. And yes, someone's probably going to wind up dead.

7. I think it's referring to the "another" the Ghost Horror went to. The question is, was it intended for Lyrra or someone else, and if someone else, was Lyrra just a step in the process of getting it there? I think this has been explored a little.

8. If Kalmar is extremely old, then he might have been one of the founders of the Blood Lyn. Or might have aided in the forging of the Shadow Swords or something.

9. I'm pretty sure she does, and since she says "I knew the one..." in past tense, that means that Serena probably no longer exists as well.

10. Yeah, really.

11. I think it might be possible that no one actually died at Landorin. Rhue didn't. What if no one else did either? 'Course, we know the beasts aren't actually animals, but some sort of aura manifestations, so they wouldn't really leave footprints. And no, those two thoughts don't tie in together at all.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 pm

People really need to think before they open their mouth (or... fingers).

In addition, Lyrra became rather psychotic and thoughtless once she left that room; chasing after Strata and then lunging at Rhue. She was obviously being affected by the Shadow Sword, as Rhue has been a few times (Jopaga's Lab, Blana Sera temple, maybe Sorya's house, and if he's the PS...).

I've even discussed this very matter with fwacho when he mentioned the original plan for an episode following Lyrra, and I don't seem to recall us discussing Lyrra having Ghost Horror as only being a theory. It's one of those things you can't deny, like Gaius being the other escaped Blood Lyn and Scatha being Slade's sister.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:28 am

Cleansing eh, devour eh?

I supose Kalmar might be like Rhue, able to "devour" auras not properly connected to someones soul/body. Kalmar might even be able to sever that link with his shadow sword. But cleansing... I have no ieda about that.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Lancifer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:28 am

Here's a question to get you guys thinking...

Blood lyn come in twos. Always. A guy and a girl.

Who was Traziun partnered with?
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:31 pm

I'm guessing it's not cloe since she was probably with gaius... that's my view of it atleast.

What lyn girls do we know of?
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:02 pm

I think it was a nobody. Eather that or some really ugly person...
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 pm

well Kloe and Gaius were partnered together (or we have alot of evidance to support that anyway) and we only know of 3 people who have managed to survive leaving the Blood Lyn and thats Traziun, Gaius and Kloe.

Do i hear side-quest boss?
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Gizmo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:33 pm

Scatha? It could well be. I'm sure there is some evidence to go against what i have just said but i can't remember it.
Gizmo
S2 Hilyn

Postby DSOK » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm

Flibbo wrote:we only know of 3 people who have managed to survive leaving the Blood Lyn and thats Traziun, Gaius and Kloe.

Kalmar routinely hires blood lyns out as mercenaries. Kloe is just the only one that we know about. Traziun's blood sister, while probably not your ordinary young blood lyn was most likely no one particularly special. There's no reason we should ever meet her.

Flibbo wrote:Do i hear side-quest boss?

That's about as likely as fighting Lexus' hairdresser.
Last edited by DSOK on Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:11 am

heh, good point
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Return to Estrana